What's new

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
High Country, congratulations on your first test trial of feminised seeds :) - see, it's easy isn't it? :)

I don't know about easy PhenoMenal, it's a long mission. I'll get some pics up of the seed produced in the main colas in 7 to 10 days, the pot of gold. Thanks.

voxberry

back with more info

back with more info

Hello again all you CS lovers !

After another 4 CS grows I ended up with this :
- 2 weeks of every day CS before flowering get's the job done every time . tested this with 5 strains .

So .. I made ..a few seeds .. here is a picture with more then 1600 female seeds :)) ... I can plant a god damn forest now

And the new seeds growing :

Also, the best strain I made was White Russian X Cheese . allready tested the seeds, and the bud is so sweet plus a very very good high, long lasting, indica and sativa all toghether ... just GREAT

I will be back with more !

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
MY EXPERIMENT IS OVER

MY EXPERIMENT IS OVER

Got about 86 feminized seed in my first colloidal silver trial, hoorah.

FEMALE BEANS

picture.php

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
started spraying her once a day when we flipped with 30ppm CS... flipped her as soon as she rooted.... 4 weeks later...

picture.php

i have a sister cut currently getting light poisoned... :whee:

she's my chemD x spacedawg cut...(this is a link)... i call her 'dog'... she's a true gem and i must know that i'll never loose her... hence the reason for my femdog project....

thnx for lighting the way pheno...

S

still

not sure if this has been asked already but can i do this on a plant that was grown from a already feminised seed

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I've just tried my first batch of cs autoflower, this works like a charm. And because everybody here helped me do this, i feel a bit obligated to post my results. Maby someone else can use my results.

I bought 5 fem seeds, Lowrider#2.
My first bad move was to just slam them in the earth and hope for the best. So as a result only 3 woke up and the other 2 died, no worries, they were already burried...

I used pretty big containers (about 12 or 13 Ltr's) in a small box growing under 6 fluoressent tubes of 36Watt, Osram Fluora tubes. This is probably my second blunder, these are growing tubes, not for flowering. It works great though, but could be a lot better (working on that problem as we speak). The lights are set to 18/6 from the start to the end.

The day after planting the seeds i made my CS.
Bought a piece of silver from a supply store (costs almost nothing) and cut it in two pieces of about 1 x 4 Cm and not even 1mm thick (i guess). I used a 9V 540mA transformer and 250mL Demi water, the pieces of silver were about 3Cm apart. I left it on for about 10 hours (doesn't look like there is much hapening at the beginning) and when i got back to it there was a nice bundle of silver particles hanging from one of the pieces of silver. I took the silver out very carefully and was left with an almost clear fluid (some particles will fall of). I put the water in a small black plastic spraybottle and i started spraying about 2 weeks (13 days) after the plants were visable above ground.

I kept on spraying, once every day (ok, ok, i forgot 2 or 3 days) untill the male flowers were clearly visable (don't remember how long that took, sorry). I sprayed only one of the three plants i had.
I sprayed it right in the growbox. Just put the plants as far apart as the box would let me, turn of the fan and spay till it drips (a bit). Eventualy, this plant exploded in male flowers, it was a beautifull sight.

After about 25 days, the male flowers started to open up and lose some pollen (when i tap on the plant). I first tried to collect the pollen in a ziplock bag, not a great plan...
Static electricity and pollen don't go.... well, actualy they do go together great, but getting them apart again is a whole other story.
So i got a bit anoyed and took the male over to the females and shook it about a bit, tapt the flowers and more abuse like that.

I see some room for improvement here.

I pollinated the females 2 or 3 times in total, just to be shure i got them all. After that i put the male back in the growbox in front of the intake fan (hey, every bit helps right?).

About 4 weeks later, i took the male out, thought it was kinda out of pollen by now.

And 6 weeks after pollinating began, and the females didn't look so good anymore (brown leaves, almost no leaves, red stems...), it was finaly time to take them out, clean them up a bit and hang them out to dry.

I left them hanging for about 2,5 weeks and started to take them apart and collect the seeds.
That part took a while, i probably was a bit to carefull, should go a bit faster the next time.

I had a nice harvest, or so i thought...
I couldn't help counting the seeds (after getting out the realy bad ones) I ended up with over 1100 seeds!!!!
From 2 females...
Small ones...
Under Fluoressent tubes...
Grow lights...
Slightly abused...

Man, this system doesn't only work...
It works great.

Again, thanks everybody for the info.

I hope someone might even use some of my experiences

p.s. the first 10 seeds are already above ground, don't know if they are female yet, but i'm guessing they will be

Unless I read that completely wrong all 4 times I re-read it then that was a complete waste of time.

You can't begin with "seeds" or plants right out of the ground.

You have to start with plants that you already know are "female". Then use CS to get them to change sex during the flower stage. The seeds that the original CS female plant produces, as well as the pollen to pollinate other female plants to create feminized seeds.

I need to understand one thing,maybe already discussed but the thread is very long to read it all,so forgive me :)
Can I use CS only on a branch and not the whole plant to let seeds form only on that branch?
Can I smoke the rest of the plant or it will be contaminated from silver becoming toxic?
I really want try to make some female seeds,but at now I have only two flowering plants I need for my own daily smoke.

"Can I use CS only on a branch and not the whole plant to let seeds form only on that branch?"

No. CS causes a reaction in the entire plant at a genetic level causing the entire plant to reverse sex.

"Can I smoke the rest of the plant or it will be contaminated from silver becoming toxic?"

No. Same answer as above.

"I really want try to make some female seeds,but at now I have only two flowering plants I need for my own daily smoke."

Take 3 cuttings from each, root them and get em ready for flower.
Select 1 cutting to apply the CS and 2 more as seed plants, that leaves you 3 more for your next harvest.

jump117

Veteran

"Can I use CS only on a branch and not the whole plant to let seeds form only on that branch?"

No. CS causes a reaction in the entire plant at a genetic level causing the entire plant to reverse sex.
Not true. CS causes local reaction, not in the entire plant, i've got fem pollen and seeds from unprocessed branches in the same time.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Not true. CS causes local reaction, not in the entire plant, i've got fem pollen and seeds from unprocessed branches in the same time.

comeback? local or systemic?

again?
"i've got fem pollen and seeds from unprocessed branches in the same time"

I understand you are trying to say it is localized to its application, and does not turn the plant entirely male...otherwise it would be impossible to pollinate itself.

the reason you would not want to smoke the treated plant is because it is being poisoned by an overdose of silver ; the reason to not pollinate or 'self' it, is because of the stress the plant undergoes while being bombarded with silver ions.

vaporizing your herb after this treatment should create no detrimental health issues whatsoever.

K+ for Pheno and rep+ for someotherguy who pointed me here.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
here's a photo of one i just finished.

i used a printer voltage converter with two hots and a common.
one side is 32 v. dc 800mA, other side 16 v. dc 300mA. .999 silver rounds (souviners of Las Vegas). soldered clips, used a scrap piece of wood to seperate the hot from not.

definite difference in water color after just hours using the 32v side.

simple construction, simple use, simple application, simply sublime.
thanks again to PhenoMenal, his sources, someotherguy, and all others who posted up encouragements.
peace

jump117

Veteran
I understand you are trying to say it is localized to its application,
and does not turn the plant entirely male...otherwise it would be impossible to pollinate itself.

I observed CS acts locally at the site of application and not transported to the un-sprayed parts of the plant, leaving their female sex,
those female flowers were pollinated with feminized pollen obtained in a previous CS-session from another plant.
The duration of the life cycle of the plant leaves little time to fully mature seeds after self-pollination, I have not tried this.

someotherguy

Veteran
I observed CS acts locally at the site of application and not transported to the un-sprayed parts of the plant, leaving their female sex,
those female flowers were pollinated with feminized pollen obtained in a previous CS-session from another plant.
The duration of the life cycle of the plant leaves little time to fully mature seeds after self-pollination, I have not tried this.
that's why it's recommended to use 2 clone sisters if you're looking to self a plant and get s1's.

what you do is to take one and flip it to 12/12 while you take the other one and wait a week after which you can start applying the coloidal silver.

wait one more week, after which the first one will be 2 weeks into her cycle and should be showing pistils on most of the bud sites, then flip the one you've been applying the cs to, ...so the one that's been sprayed is 2 weeks behind in the cycle, that way, when this one starts to throw pollen, the other one will have plenty of pistils to impregnate.

btw, it takes 4 - 5 weeks for a seed to mature.

and trichrider, you're more than welcome although i've contributed very little here, ...no, it's PhenoMenal who deserves all the credit and the thanks of all of us.

peace, and stay safe, SOG

jump117

Veteran
Thank you for your good advice, although in my case they are somewhat late,

of course I started with a set of clones but did not think it can be called self-pollination,

calculate the time shift is possible only for the familiar varieties,

the time needed to change sex depending on the strain,

in my opinion sativa switch longer.

someotherguy

Veteran
Thank you for your good advice, although in my case they are somewhat late,

of course I started with a set of clones but did not think it can be called self-pollination,

calculate the time shift is possible only for the familiar varieties,

the time needed to change sex depending on the strain,

in my opinion sativa switch longer.

try and think of 2 different clones as the same plant, like if i were able to cut both your arms off and root them, both would be an individual plant, while at the same time, both would be genetically identical, so applying CS to one and using the resulting pollen to impregnate it's clone sister is in fact, 'selfing'.

also, while it is true that each strain has it's own cycle and sativas have a longer cycle than indicas, i don't think it'd take more or longer CS treatments to make it reverse, nor do i think sativas need more time for seeds to mature, 4 - 5 weeks is plenty for both indicas and sativas to produce viable seeds.

peace, SOG

jump117

Veteran
Saying that “The duration of the life cycle of the plant leaves little time to fully mature seeds after self-pollination” I mean pollination by the pollen from the same single plant.

Working with group of clones prepared specially for fem seeds producing I see no reason to spray cs-treatment only a part of the plant.

CS can change sex only part of the plant, leaving the other part female and fertile.

if i were able to cut both your arms off and root them,
Thanks again, being unexperienced person I would prefer to follow your example, start with yourself.

Latest posts

Latest posts