What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Xray security on Hiways?

NFR

I just heard a rumour that someone went through a xray security check point in Hope. His whole truck was put through some sort of xray.

Can anyone confirm this? I know they are looking for two tons of missing ammonium nitrate right now. This could be a very bad time to be taking your shit to market. If they dont find that fertilizer, could be a bad time to go to the games as well.

S

shuswap

i read that the nitrate was an error by the company and it never actually was lost,vacuum seal and make sure all lights etc are fine and you should be fine.

NFR

i read that the nitrate was an error by the company and it never actually was lost,vacuum seal and make sure all lights etc are fine and you should be fine.

Those are things I always take care of but that doesnt help with xrays. This person had his vehicle xrayed in Hope. The person I heard this from swears it's legit. I don't know what to think so I thought I'd warn some of my fellow Canadians just in case.

Good news on the missing Ammonium Nitrate though.

S

shuswap

okay so exactly what do xrays show when a vehicle is done?metal and air space?

NFR

okay so exactly what do xrays show when a vehicle is done?metal and air space?

It depends how you move your stuff of course.

Probably looks like half pound bags of air but to you and I discussing this, we can only assume. They are the ones trained to question what they think they may be seeing. Most likely a beatable charge in court but none the less.

There's always panic and rumours out there that are easily dismissed. I do know a few stories over the years where things have been shrugged off just to hear back how unlucky they were.

I havent been going down to Van to do business so I'm personally not that worried. The lower mainland is going to be like some shithole country without a constitution for these games.

NFR

Thanks! A quick search on Google led to all kinds of stuff. Nothing on the first page about it being used outside of border duties and in the core of the GVA. Canada has these units though. They have led to drug busts at the border crossings. They definately know whats suspicious and whats not. I read through one link that Canada purchased more and rented some for the games. I heard a while agio about American agencies and their technology also being loned out. Crazy times....

Latest posts

Latest posts