What's new

wtfn's 4000w legal medical soil food web organic grow show

Shit, I was hoping to come back here with some big bomb-ass photos of my vertical-conversion setup I've been working on, but I can't afford to keep this damn grow going. Rent+electric is just too high, and the Denver thing I was keeping under wraps fell through just after I culled my plants to move, so I'm fucked. I'm gonna keep a little bit of grow equipment but I have to cram everything I own back in my civic and get my ass back to the east coast before I'm homeless out here. It's a shitty situation, and it's been coming to a head for 3 months now, and in the meantime I've barely got the room 1/4 full of plants, plus a whole bunch of horribly unfortunate shit fell on my head in the course of about 2 weeks, involving a ton of (actual) death threats over a lighter that I didn't steal, and me getting ripped off on $700 of my last $1500.

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest. I'll be back with another thread before too long. Thanks for everything.

I should mention one thing: I'm in negotiations with a deliver dispensary out here to possibly get on board at a new grow site, doing cultivation plus bank drops and other business-y stuff. If it works out, I can probably stay, but the timeline has me stretched really thin. I'm not clicking my 400w veg bulb off until the last possible moment just in case. I have some headband 707's now, which is exactly what I wanted for some vertical walls, plus the prospect of selling all my hard-earned shit (AGAIN) and winding up at square 1 with shit for a career has me weighing the pros and cons of jumping off a cliff. You guys know how hard it can get.

I guess I should say, if anyone in the state has any lucrative opportunities they'd like to propose to me this fall, PM me. (Will travel :D)

I should probably be showing off some of this sweet ass bho I've got now that my tek is solid. I picked up some (20lb of) less-than-desirable outdoor trim, that was most probably from last year (that is also where that fucking ass hole's lighter was eventually found), which has given me plenty of opportunity to explore the nuances of refining extremely low quality into extremely high quality, using a variety of techniques. My favorite so far is to do a really long, dirty, 2-bag ice-water extraction, and then do a butane thermos extraction (ala GreyWolf) of the fully dried powder. If it's too dark still it can be winterized, or even just a quick ethanol separation but I haven't found it necessary. Really cool stuff!

Last edited:

surfguitar

That's a bummer man! Hope it works out for you, I've been having similar issues lately and I think I've finally got it on track. Bho tek sounds pretty interesting, been considering dropping all the money I have to my name on a terp extractor and vac oven haha

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Shit, I was hoping to come back here with some big bomb-ass photos of my vertical-conversion setup I've been working on, but I can't afford to keep this damn grow going. Rent+electric is just too high, and the Denver thing I was keeping under wraps fell through just after I culled my plants to move, so I'm fucked. I'm gonna keep a little bit of grow equipment but I have to cram everything I own back in my civic and get my ass back to the east coast before I'm homeless out here. It's a shitty situation, and it's been coming to a head for 3 months now, and in the meantime I've barely got the room 1/4 full of plants, plus a whole bunch of horribly unfortunate shit fell on my head in the course of about 2 weeks, involving a ton of (actual) death threats over a lighter that I didn't steal, and me getting ripped off on $700 of my last $1500.

Anyway, I just had to get that off my chest. I'll be back with another thread before too long. Thanks for everything.

I should mention one thing: I'm in negotiations with a deliver dispensary out here to possibly get on board at a new grow site, doing cultivation plus bank drops and other business-y stuff. If it works out, I can probably stay, but the timeline has me stretched really thin. I'm not clicking my 400w veg bulb off until the last possible moment just in case. I have some headband 707's now, which is exactly what I wanted for some vertical walls, plus the prospect of selling all my hard-earned shit (AGAIN) and winding up at square 1 with shit for a career has me weighing the pros and cons of jumping off a cliff. You guys know how hard it can get.

I guess I should say, if anyone in the state has any lucrative opportunities they'd like to propose to me this fall, PM me. (Will travel :D)

I should probably be showing off some of this sweet ass bho I've got now that my tek is solid. I picked up some (20lb of) less-than-desirable outdoor trim, that was most probably from last year (that is also where that fucking ass hole's lighter was eventually found), which has given me plenty of opportunity to explore the nuances of refining extremely low quality into extremely high quality, using a variety of techniques. My favorite so far is to do a really long, dirty, 2-bag ice-water extraction, and then do a butane thermos extraction (ala GreyWolf) of the fully dried powder. If it's too dark still it can be winterized, or even just a quick ethanol separation but I haven't found it necessary. Really cool stuff!

Sorry to hear about all the crapshit happening. I was going to say though that so long as it's just you and you don't have too many crazy obligations, being homeless can be pretty sweet. It's not getting cold out yet for camping and whatnot. If shit keeps turning south sometimes it's better to just unplug for a minute and go on an adventure. Just sayin'.

Sorry to hear about all the crapshit happening. I was going to say though that so long as it's just you and you don't have too many crazy obligations, being homeless can be pretty sweet. It's not getting cold out yet for camping and whatnot. If shit keeps turning south sometimes it's better to just unplug for a minute and go on an adventure. Just sayin'.

I'm hearing you, loud and clear. Sounds like fun, actually. But there's whythefnette (getting married next fall), now 2 dogs (we just adopted!) and 6 cats to look out for as well. Gotta hold it down. I'm going to run up to NorCal before I go -- I made a couple connections while I was here -- and snatch up everything I can get my grubby little hands on before I go. I should be close to 5k with a couple investments. Might even pick up some trim to run to add to the bho collection. Then it's off to fedville for sale at east coast prices (SHHHHH!!!). It should allow me to recoup my initial investment of 10k anyway, at the expense of most of my nicer shit, which I never had too much of to begin with. I'm gonna go all in on this one. I decided to sell all of my grow shit and everything else that isn't imperative to my day-to-day survival except my road bikes, of course.

We LOVED where we lived in the Smoky Mtns. Life wasn't hard the way it is in California, and it's a great place for outdoor gardening. I have some close family members there, and we've got a few places to stay around the southeast while we find the perfect place to nestle in and fire up another small grow. Ideally I'll have a greenhouse up next year so I can really rock it for a while before we pump out some kids. In the meantime, I'm going to get my old job back and I'm headed back to school.

All things being equal, as long as I recoup my initial investment on the way back out of this crazy-ass place, I'll consider it a year-long vacation and a hell of a learning experience. Maybe I can even do some camping on our way up to Humboldt.

I'm posting wherever I can to sell my stuff. I figured I'd offer it on here too, for anybody in the LA area. I'm selling 3 of my 1000w ballasts and fixtures for $100 each, and the massive hood w/ ballast is going for $120. Co2 controller I'd let go for $200, huge carbon filter can go for $100, co2 burner can go for $100. I have a few blowers for $50 (~300cfm) - $80 (640 cfm max fan). I'd take $25 for each 4x8 bed with frame. I'm keeping most of my smaller controllers and probably my fogger as well, but I'm sure there's something I've forgotten. I have all this soil too -- like 500 gal -- and it needs to GO so I'd be pretty flexible on the price there. I also have a bin of worms/castings and a huge compost pile I've been working on. PM me and we can work out some details.

I have a bunch of other household stuff too, but this isn't exactly the place for any of this so I'll hold off on listing it.

hehehe I'm looking at rentals again :)
That basement is nice. So is that big ass hidden yard...the smell on the other hand... well, hopefully we can rip out the carpets.

I ended up settling on another place. More hands-off landlords, which is nice. I have a nice-sized closet in the back bedroom I'm planning on converting to a vertical tower in the next few weeks with the stuff I kept through the move. Then there's the issue of what to do with the basement...
There are some rain barrels already set up outside at my rental and plenty of room for a massive veggie garden, which is a top priority. I never got my veggie garden set up in the desert, because, well, it's the desert.

I'm back to my old life again, building houses in the mountains with a bunch of good ol' boys. I actually really like it, and apparently I got a big raise (appreciation, in more than one sense of the word), but hopefully I'll get another web development job soon so I can give my body a rest.

It's been a really rough couple of months and I don't have a whole lot to show for it, but good things are in the mix again and I'll have a grow going in the next few weeks.

Guess I lied when I said the thread would be sparse. I quit that god awful fucking job and am doing contract work while I stay home with the ladies. Plus I'm verbose as fuck, if you couldn't tell.