What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WTF - No trichs at 77 days?!

G

Hahah... yup, cut her down at 95 days.... just got sick of looking at her.

Not much resin, at least compared to other strains I've done. So now she's just been jarred up and we'll see. I think I'll use her as my 'last resort' bud.... basically, when the jar is cracked open for smoke, it's time to plant some more seeds - hehe...

justjay

im sure she will smoke good, just because there isnt alot of trichs doesnt mean she isnt potent, just give her a good cure and see what happens

THC•20

Ah don't feel bad. I just cut my plant down at 15 wks of flowering last night and it doesn't have many trichs standing up on the buds nor guard leaves either. I guess I learned from this experience that I'm only growing plants that are known for short flowering periods because I don't have the patience for those 11 wk+ flowering strains lol. 11 weeks is as long as I want to wait. Wow, I'm just now realizing that plant had been growing for more than 100 days and still looked shitty. What ever that was I'm not taking the chance of growing it again lol. **** bagseeds.

Last edited:
G

I'd gladly take your last resort bud off your hands. I bet it leaves a nice buzz.

I dont smoke Indica Doms too often, so I can appreciate a sativa. Weed doesn't have to put you on your ass to make you high.

G

THC•20 said:
Ah don't feel bad. I just cut my plant down at 15 wks of flowering last night and it doesn't have many trichs standing up on the buds nor guard leaves either. I guess I learned from this experience that I'm only growing plants that are known for short flowering periods because I don't have the patience for those 11 wk+ flowering strains lol. 11 weeks is as long as I want to wait. Wow, I'm just now realizing that plant had been growing for more than 100 days and still looked shitty. What ever that was I'm not taking the chance of growing it again lol. **** bagseeds.

ouch THC.... sorry to hear that man. I still have this lady in jar's, she had some resin on her but as I said before - she's the last resort bud. The day I bust open the first jar of this I'll be germ'n some new seeds.

However, I can't say this experience has shyed me away from experimenting with bag seed/breeds in the future. I have seen some grower's pics of bagseed that looked as stellar as some of the high priced strains. I just believe that when messing with bag seed ya either need to have a lot of growing exp, or none at all...hahah. Cause you're either gonna kill em from not knowing what to do, or you'll need the experience to be able to get through the long run and spot/kill those that arent producing much resin.

But for now..I'm waiting in line for my rezdog berry's... :)

budvapor

i have one of those! experimenting with bagseed. it didn't look too good at first, but it exploded after 12/12. then it really slowed down. i think i might have starved it a bit... it's now at 52 days. i looked with my little radio shack microscope, and it actually has a LOT of trichs, but they look tiny; i'm hoping it's a maturity thing. i'll try to post pics.

i also have another bagseed experiment that totally surprised me. it is also at 52 days, and all the trichs are cloudy! i cut down just one bud to see how the others change over the next few days.

budvapor

so this is the slow one. although after closer inspection i saw a bit more better developed trichs... keeping my fingers crossed that it'll fatten up with resin over the next few weeks!

this is the other bagseed that developed pretty fast.

after closer inspection, some trichs were already turning amber, so i cut it all down :) with bagseed, it's always a surprise :)

I grew some Nirvana K2 once that produced a negligible amount of THC.
The only way i can think it could have been my fault is maybe due to cold temps at night, otherwise conditions were pretty much ideal.
Is there a link between low night time temps and low trich production?

THC•20

Yep, and like some say. The amount of the trichomes doesn't determine how potent it will be. Reason I say that is because although the trichomes on this bud is small and really not packed it still gets me hiiiiigh as ****. Just smoked a blunt and I'm blown away. Because of my tolerance and it not really being anything spectacular the intense part of the high is only like 30 mins to an hour/30.. but I stay high for about 3-4 hours if I smoke enough. Like I said only downer is the intensity is very short lived.

Last edited:

order 66

Backdoor man said:
I grew some Nirvana K2 once that produced a negligible amount of THC.
The only way i can think it could have been my fault is maybe due to cold temps at night, otherwise conditions were pretty much ideal.
Is there a link between low night time temps and low trich production?

i did not notice that result in my experience

Hi everyone. Interesting thread with some informative postings. I think the rule is if you want an accurate flowering time and potency use bought femminised seed. If you want some fun seeing what a bagseed seed develops into hope for the best but expect the worse.

Have Fun oil beef hooked

Hempster said:
I'd gladly take your last resort bud off your hands. I bet it leaves a nice buzz.

I dont smoke Indica Doms too often, so I can appreciate a sativa. Weed doesn't have to put you on your ass to make you high.

:yeahthats
Wish I had some now

G

im sorry to say this slackerbri but klutter is no longer with us, he has vanished into a "guest"

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
you cant polish a terd my friend!!! :nono:

Yes you can!,MythBusters did it!!!! :headbange

poo.jpg
untitled.jpg