What's new

WTF MS patient gets 5 YEARS PRISON for handful of plants

R

RNDZL

the dude grew cause he didnt have insurance and this was the best relief he could find

FUCK YOU NEW JERSEY

fuck every piece of shit that has contributed to this mans suffer

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/...ts-5-years-for-growing-pot-for-medicinial-use

NJ man with MS gets 5 years for growing pot for medicinial use

BY MICHAEL DEAK
GANNETT NEW JERSEY

SOMERVILLE — A Franklin man with multiple sclerosis was sentenced today to five years in prison for growing marijuana that he has said was used for medicinal purposes.

The sentence handed down to John Wilson is the minimum prison term that he could have received.

Wilson's attorney, James Wronko, said he will file a motion to stay the sentence pending an appeal.

Superior Court Judge Robert Reed, who handed down the sentence, said that Wilson in six months could be eligible for the the New Jersey Intensive Supervision Program in which certain offenders, sentenced to state prisob, are given an opportunity to work their way back into the community under intensive supervision.

Reed also did not sentence Wilson to a period of partole ineligibility. Because this is his first conviction on an indictable offense, Wilson could be eligible for a parole in little over a year.

"It's the least period of imprisonment I could impose,'' said Reed.

The state attorney general's office, which prosecuted the case, was asking Reed to impose a seven-year sentence.

Reed said that a pre-sentencing report said that Wilson was diagnosed with MS when he was 30 in 2002, but that he had been smoking marijuana on a daily basis since he was 15.

Wronko said Wilson began using marijuana to treat the symptoms of MS because he did not have insurance and could not afford prescriptions.

Before Reed delivered the sentence, Wilson admitted he had broken the law.

"I am not a bad person,'' Wilson told the judge. "I just made a horrible mistake.''

"I'm truly sorry for what I've done,'' Wilson said.

Because he couldn't afford insurance, Wilson said he has used alternative treatments, including vitamins and bee venom.

Wilson said he recently had three "flare-ups'' of MS and has ended up in the hospital twice.

Hazelnuts

He shouldn't be sorry for what he's done, it's perfectly normal and natural. This is completely fucked up and I hope this ruling will get overturned somehow (although I strongly doubt it). My best wishes to John Wilson, I hope he'll make it through this alright.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What the fuck kind of twisted evil sick ass prosecutor ask for seven year for an MS patient? That prosecutor should be fucking ashamed of their self.

This kind of thing is what the federal safety valve act is for.

For the ammount of research we all do in the subject of growing, we should spend a little time researching human rights. If you do not know anything about it the system will take advantage of you. Dont be scared be confident.

All this media shit really tries to break down your mind and cause paranoia.

I

ijimunot

Mandatory sentencing has to go. You need to write your representatives about the failure of mandatory sentencing and the destruction that it causes to people and society as a whole. If they ignore you then vote them out. And hammer the next rep on the subject. Sooner or later someone will get the idea to listen to keep their job.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
For the ammount of research we all do in the subject of growing, we should spend a little time researching human rights. If you do not know anything about it the system will take advantage of you. Dont be scared be confident.

Exactly.

You'll find a few useful links in my sig.

Stay Safe! :tree:

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
the judge and prosecuting attorney should rot in fucking prison for 1 year and see how it feels... and the sit another 25 for the fuck of it....pieces of shit

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
OH SHIT!! MS was my defense in case something happpened to me..i always figured my many trips to the hospital,doctors and med care would ruin any plans to put me in jail for growing..also, i figured the states were to broke to hassle someone so ill..my bad, guess i'll have to crawl a little deeper into my hole and make sure i'm not seen or heard from in the eyes and ears of LEO..where the hell as all the compassion gone in our country.,,

NHMI

You all need to contact the white house and local legislators and tell them to stop THIS NOW!

the judge and prosecuting attorney should rot in fucking prison for 1 year and see how it feels... and the sit another 25 for the fuck of it....pieces of shit

The judges hands were tied...it doesn't sound like he wanted to impose this sentence at all. Blame the politicians who brought in minimum sentencing, and of course the po-po for not focusing on real crimes that hurt people.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
What the fuck kind of twisted evil sick ass prosecutor ask for seven year for an MS patient? That prosecutor should be fucking ashamed of their self.

This kind of thing is what the federal safety valve act is for.

When things are finally legalized, guys like this prosecutor should be hunted down like war criminals and treated as such.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
The judges hands were tied...it doesn't sound like he wanted to impose this sentence at all. Blame the politicians who brought in minimum sentencing, and of course the po-po for not focusing on real crimes that hurt people.
Don't forget the Jury's responsibility to declare that the law doesn't apply or something. Dang I'm gonna be sooooo glad to get back on Trainwreck and Princess Diesel. It's been a month of Pandora's Box and "Various Unknowns" and I can't think or post for crap. :(

It seems to have changed my posting style as well....

Anyone remember the thread on here that describes the process where the jury could have let him go? Thanks

Stay Safe! :tree: :blowbubbles:

phan

Great insight Htill Death! I completely agree.

This situation is total bs! The media is trying to mess with us, but
I need to hear stories like this so that my will to fight is strengthened!

Preacher

I've ranted about the mandatory minimums recently and this sort of thing is a shining example of everything I mentioned, subverting discretion and defeating the entire point of the courts. What's Marinol these days, fourteen thousand a year? I hope the state has to shell that out for medical necessity while he's in jail.

H

HippyJohnny

Anyone remember the thread on here that describes the process where the jury could have let him go? Thanks

No info on the thread here, but what you are describing is the "informed jury".

Here is a link to a site that has everything we all should know if ever on a jury. Fully Informed Jury .org

The kicker is the judges hate this worse than growers... and it can be instant jury dismissal if you say you even are aware of it.

It is beyond frustrating that we freely spend to lock up, but wont provide medicine to the sick and dying.

Don't you think the cost of the trial and the coming expenses to process the poor fellow would more than pay for some medical care or medicine?

I think Upton Sinclair said it best...
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

Latest posts

Latest posts