What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WTF Cherry Kush not growing?

This was corrected with fox farm soil

I have had these things for about 8 days in Black gold Organic soil. I only watered the day I placed the clones in the cup and then today before pic taken. They have zero growth? They look exactly like day one! Figured if they weren't going to make it they would of died off already or been drooping or something.

Seems odd to me anybody have any ideas? I'm in a bad spot right now just had to toss indoor room due to aphids. These clones were kept outside because I haven't fixed the mess inside yet. But were not related to my indoor plants.

I haven't grown in like 3 years and after tossing my indoor shit and now these arn't growing I'm starting to feel kinda depressed. I been growing for 20 years then all sudden I don't know wtf I'm doing! The real problem is this harvest is for my mom who is battling cancer and won't go the chemo route.

She has been paying up the rear for oils. My plan was to get these girls going, take some cuts and then run them inside while waiting for a decent outdoor harvest. I'm hoping they will grow because I'm disabled and after throwing down all my cash to the indoor run I can't go spend $20 a clone to start over FML!

Attachments

• cherry kush 050.jpg
    cherry kush 050.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 12
  • cherry kush 049.jpg
    cherry kush 049.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Betterhaff

Veteran
What kind of root development did they have when you put them in the cups? From what I can tell from the pics, they look fairly healthy, meaning not distressed. If the roots weren’t that developed, that’s what’s happening…they’re growing roots. New top growth won’t occur, or at least rapidly, until there is a root system that can support it.

Edit: Also water sparingly as the rock wool cubes you planted really hold water, you don't want to waterlog them.

What kind of root development did they have when you put them in the cups? From what I can tell from the pics, they look fairly healthy, meaning not distressed. If the roots weren’t that developed, that’s what’s happening…they’re growing roots. New top growth won’t occur, or at least rapidly, until there is a root system that can support it.

Edit: Also water sparingly as the rock wool cubes you planted really hold water, you don't want to waterlog them.
The roots were nothing special they were popping out the bottom but not a lot. Yeah maybe you're right as nothing up top is happening but they still look healthy somewhat. Seems odd I don't recall my clones ever not showing growth after a week and living! They usually have either died off or start growing new nodes. I guess all I can do is wait a few more days and then check the roots out?

PdxFarms

Look healthy to me. Their probably focusing on root growth right now and a bit of transplant shock. Give them another week and they should take off.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
I would have put them in larger containers myself. Look alright to me though, maybe just a little shock.

WelderDan

Veteran
Patience my friend, patience. I realize you're stressing about your mom, but your clones are just adjusting to a new environment. They will be fine. Give them a week or so to establish a good root system and they will take off.

I would have put them in larger containers myself. Look alright to me though, maybe just a little shock.
I'm a hydro guy and seem to over water my soil trees so I do this on purpose. Always has worked well for me in the past. Maybe I forgot how long it takes to show growth with new clones outside. Inside I see roots out the bottom of these cups in a couple days.

They're still standing up looking alive it feels almost like I over watered but there's no way I made sure to give minimal amount for the first weeks to get those roots searching. Hopefully it's the shock and they start to grow up top.

They look healthy. Depending where on the globe you are....... Outside may still be a 12/12 day. The clones could be trying to into flower. Good Luck this season. Hope your garden grows big.

I just looked at the little slits on the bottom and noticed a bright white root popping out! so they're obviously doing like @Betterhaff and @Pdxfarms were suggesting. I think I may have seen a new node growing too!

PDX Dopesmoker

Unless they have well established roots any substantial amount of direct sunlight is probably too much light for them. 1-2 hours a day at most or just keep them in the shade until they start to show some growth, which probably won't be too long. Too much light on cuttings that don't have enough root growth is somewhat like the electromagnetic equivalent of overfeeding.

Unless they have well established roots any substantial amount of direct sunlight is probably too much light for them. 1-2 hours a day at most or just keep them in the shade until they start to show some growth, which probably won't be too long. Too much light on cuttings that don't have enough root growth is somewhat like the electromagnetic equivalent of overfeeding.
I'm with you on the amount of sun they receive. I always try to give them breaks throughout the day. Today was not one of them as I was gone all day so they got blasted. They looked perked up, no drooping so that was cool. Roots are all at the bottom and bright white. I'm gonna up the size of the pots tomorrow.

Question should I add some mykos? I'm also waiting for some caps ogbiowar to make a tea. What size container do you think I should put them in 2 or 3 gal? I try to keep the pots size smaller due to over watering. I have also been rotating them with a very light foilar of rhizotonic at night and some method1. :tiphat:

Last edited:

PDX Dopesmoker

I'm with you on the amount of sun they receive. I always try to give them breaks throughout the day. Today was not one of them as I was gone all day so they got blasted. They looked perked up, no drooping so that was cool. Roots are all at the bottom and bright white. I'm gonna up the size of the pots tomorrow.

Question should I add some mykos? I'm also waiting for some caps ogbiowar to make a tea. What size container do you think I should put them in 2 or 3 gal? I try to keep the pots size smaller due to over watering. I have also been rotating them with a very light foilar of rhizotonic at night and some method1. :tiphat:

Outdoor plants in direct sunlight get about 1.1 kilowatts per square meter of light, thats a massive blast, like having 2000 watts in a 4.5 x 4.5 tent. Outdoor plants in the shade get around 100 watts per meter squared, nice & gentle. The fastest results I get putting rooted clones outdoors is keeping them in the shade until they display definitive growth, then they're ready for real sunlight. They don't need a lot of soil, I'm not even sure more would help. They need to have a root system which is capable of handling the impact of all that sunlight, which they should be able to establish in a small pot of decent soil given enough time, unless its a clone from a very large cutting.

Outdoor plants in direct sunlight get about 1.1 kilowatts per square meter of light, thats a massive blast, like having 2000 watts in a 4.5 x 4.5 tent. Outdoor plants in the shade get around 100 watts per meter squared, nice & gentle. The fastest results I get putting rooted clones outdoors is keeping them in the shade until they display definitive growth, then they're ready for real sunlight. They don't need a lot of soil, I'm not even sure more would help. They need to have a root system which is capable of handling the impact of all that sunlight, which they should be able to establish in a small pot of decent soil given enough time, unless its a clone from a very large cutting.
These cups are in about maybe 13oz of soil if that. The roots are not full like when I use coco but are starting to show. I figured since they have been in these for 2 full weeks it would be a good time to transplant? Sounds like you're saying continue with these cups in the shade. Crazy never knew the shade would be throwing down that kind wattage. I'm in Sac county and the heat is here so a bigger pot would help with water evaporating? Thanks again for all the knowledge!

PDX Dopesmoker

These cups are in about maybe 13oz of soil if that. The roots are not full like when I use coco but are starting to show. I figured since they have been in these for 2 full weeks it would be a good time to transplant? Sounds like you're saying continue with these cups in the shade. Crazy never knew the shade would be throwing down that kind wattage. I'm in Sac county and the heat is here so a bigger pot would help with water evaporating? Thanks again for all the knowledge!

You can grow a pretty big plant in a 1 pint cup so unless your cut is very large then I doubt it needs more soil, but if you can transplant it to a bigger pot gently it probably wouldn't hurt, you can eyeball your roots that way too. Otherwise a deficit of roots probably helps prevent excess evaporation, but I don't what your weather is like down there.

You can grow a pretty big plant in a 1 pint cup so unless your cut is very large then I doubt it needs more soil, but if you can transplant it to a bigger pot gently it probably wouldn't hurt, you can eyeball your roots that way too. Otherwise a deficit of roots probably helps prevent excess evaporation, but I don't what your weather is like down there.
It's pretty hot here in central cali, last few days been in the upper 90's and this goes on all summer. I'm gonna pot up and use a different soil I have never messed with black gold and I almost feel like the girls are not very happy in it. Somebody recommended it to me to avoid getting gnats or thrips. I used happy frog last year and had both. Do you know of good soil to use? Well I just checked the cups and when I moved the slit on the bottom I saw the tiniest little pest come out of the hole! I have no idea wtf it was it moved pretty fast. So maybe this is why they're not growing! Man I just can't catch a break FML

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts