What's new

would like an experts advice on nutes, which ones to use?

deviant1

well see the issue is that I have some options, I have 3 different brands and have no idea which one to use. im in a dwc setup, 10 gallons tubs (2). in 1 of them I have ghs alaskan ice, and in the other, I have ghs cheese. ok now for the nutes, if each plant would prefer different nutes, that's find and please tell me if that's the case. 1st nutes: floranova grow & bloom, 2nd nutes: technaflora b.c. grow, boost, bloom, thrive alive red & green, awesome blossoms, magical, and sugardaddy, aka (recipe for success). and for the 3rd nutes: gh 3 part + additives(florablend, floranectar, diamond nectar, floralicious grow, bloom, and plus, and wet and dry koolbloom. now after me telling you all this, I hope someone actually tries to help me out, I really need some great advice. I really appreciate all who took the time to read this, and especially to the ones who respond to my post. thanks in advance.

J

jwop

i would throw an equal amount of each bottle into your res until you have a PPM of ATLEAST 1 million

2fast4u2

Flora Nova. Great stuff easy to use.

just had a couple runs with FN Bloom (lucas formula)

Pros: No math or guesswork, topping of res is piece of cake.
contains everything you need for flowering, just maintain a 1300ppm @.7 conversion.

Cons: PITA to mix!!!! This stuff is like soup its so thick, and can separate with the heavier colloidal stuff settling on the bottom.

Gums up the res pretty good, leaves noticeably more sludge on my pumps, lines and what not.

Ive gone back to the Flora Micro and Bloom, just because its easier to mix and doesnt gum up my res as much.

J

jwop

the answer to your question is ... everything will work. you just have to know how to work it

edit: you should base your decision on your experience level ... if you think you can handle the GH 3 part with all those additives you should do it

but if you think that is too much to handle ... i would go flora nova

L

lysol

I tried to start with foxfarm nutes and got bad results, nasty shit on the bottom of the rez, slime growing on my roots, all sorts of problems, if you do lucas general hydro you dont need the veg nutes, you get 2x the flowering nutes as the micro, so a gal of micro and 2gal of flowering for example. its chemical which sounds bad but its the same for the plant, cheaper, cleaner, easier to work with for me

plants like ratios of certain stuff, the more stuff you mix in the more you will knock those ratios off, i would learn to grow with just the plain lucas, i screwed up with the additives it wasnt just a waste of time but $ too

J

jwop

plants like ratios of certain stuff, the more stuff you mix in the more you will knock those ratios off, i would learn to grow with just the plain lucas, i screwed up with the additives it wasnt just a waste of time but $ too

this is a generalized statement ... you can't run all those additives in the lucas formula

with some plants, lucas will burn the fuck out of them ... some plants will have deficiencies and some plants will absolutely love lucas

J

jwop

I tried to start with foxfarm nutes and got bad results, nasty shit on the bottom of the rez, slime growing on my roots, all sorts of problems, if you do lucas general hydro you dont need the veg nutes, you get 2x the flowering nutes as the micro, so a gal of micro and 2gal of flowering for example. its chemical which sounds bad but its the same for the plant, cheaper, cleaner, easier to work with for me

i am sorry you felt the need to give me a little dose of -rep

i was not trying to insult or disprove you in any way

for some reason i am not compelled to return the favor ... but thanks anyways

deviant1

ok so it looks like the lucas formula is what everyone here is saying would be the easiest. this is all very well and good, but im trying to find out what would be the best for each strain. has anyone here ever done ghs cheese or ghs alaskan ice? I really wanna know what nutes are best for these strains. still lucas? same ratios?

J

jwop

ok so it looks like the lucas formula is what everyone here is saying would be the easiest. this is all very well and good, but im trying to find out what would be the best for each strain. has anyone here ever done ghs cheese or ghs alaskan ice? I really wanna know what nutes are best for these strains. still lucas? same ratios?

i hope someone comes in volunteering that information for you

but if i were you i would study the "sick plants" thread till you knew exactly what a deficient pot plant looks like and try to go with the flow

there is nothing fun about throwing a seed or clone in the net cup and just seeing what happens

i taught myself how to fix computers by intentionally messing them up as best i could

i do the same thing with pot ... i will give it straight water until it tells me what it wants to fix it ... then fix it ... sooner or later people will be saying WOW in your grow diary

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gh Flora Bloom + Flora Micro is all you need ... , just watch the ph and keep it around 6 and youre set for a heavy harvest ...

J

jwop

Gh Flora Bloom + Flora Micro is all you need ... , just watch the ph and keep it around 6 and youre set for a heavy harvest ...

all you need for what?

it is all you need for a mature, harvestable plant ... yes

however it is not all you need to get the full potential from a lady (assuming you are referring to the lucas method)

lucas works great for alot of people for alot of strains ... but if you want the best production of any plant ... no ph meter could ever out grow the trained human eye

johnnyla

Veteran
why does the lucas plant not require the Grow formula from GH?

no one has explained that sufficiently anywhere.

J

jwop

why does the lucas plant not require the Grow formula from GH?

no one has explained that sufficiently anywhere.

lucas is for flowering

GH Grow is high in nitrogen

flowering plants in general don't like a whole lot of nitrogen, it burns them

there is enough nitrogen and micros in Micro and Bloom to do the job ... but most likely will not give you a holy grail type smoke

deviant1

I am very disappointed in all of you, I ask a simple question, thought I would get a simple or atleast an answer from someone who knows what it is they're talkin about. it sounds to me like eveveryone here thinks they know what they are doing, but in reality, nobody has a damn clue as what to tell me. I've gotten more answers from trial and error, than from all of you together. if you guys wanna argue, then go make a post for that and have fun. otherwise I want expert advise, not jus some joe blow, tellin me what they do, and has nothing to do with what my issue is at all. THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP ME OUT.

J

jwop

I am very disappointed in all of you, I ask a simple question, thought I would get a simple or atleast an answer from someone who knows what it is they're talkin about. it sounds to me like eveveryone here thinks they know what they are doing, but in reality, nobody has a damn clue as what to tell me. I've gotten more answers from trial and error, than from all of you together. if you guys wanna argue, then go make a post for that and have fun. otherwise I want expert advise, not jus some joe blow, tellin me what they do, and has nothing to do with what my issue is at all. THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP ME OUT.

nobody is arguing in here spaz ...

after that comment ... i hope every plant in your state dies you ungrateful piece of shit ...

go figure it out for yourself then

J

jwop

WOW, that's really truly funny, he actually knew who I was talking to. that's so funny.

no ... the funny part is i am one of the few in here that gave you the right advice and you still want better advice

if you think REZDOG, BOG or Gypsy are going to come in here and give you "expert advise" you're sadly mistaken

take your "you owe me an expert answer" and shove it up your ass

Latest posts

Latest posts