What's new

Would it be a bad idea to sell an old LED grow light online?

Green Squall

You know, bad idea security wise? I've been doing some spring cleaning, selling stuff on Ebay and thought I should sell this light that's just been sitting in storage. Bad idea or no big deal?

Green Squall

Wow I was thinking the opposite. Ebay yes, Craigslist no. Ebay is so big and you don't have to deal with the buyer in person, whereas on Craigslist, there could be bored people of the authoritative nature, scanning the ads.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
dude - sell it to whoever wants it - cl or egay, its a light , not a oz. just dont do it at your grow spot or at night . like a bank or other public spot

Weedninja

With ebay there's a massive paper trail. I guess it really depends on how bad the shit will hit the fan if you're busted. I've bought all kinds of questionable stuff from ebay and never had a visit from leo, fwiw.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Wow I was thinking the opposite. Ebay yes, Craigslist no. Ebay is so big and you don't have to deal with the buyer in person, whereas on Craigslist, there could be bored people of the authoritative nature, scanning the ads.

That's just what I said, stoner. :laughing:

Green Squall

That's just what I said, stoner. :laughing:

picture.php

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
no big deal....either one works...craigslist has faster results tho... I have listed stuff and had it sold in half hour cash in hand.....yeehaw

shithawk420

Veteran
Id be more worried about buying than selling. I remember years back I read about at least a couple ballasts that had GPS put inside them. I saw the pics too

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
The thing about selling on Craigslist is, the buyer is going to come over to your house to pick up the light (unless you use a little planning).

I don't want complete internet strangers coming over, possibly snooping around.

Green Squall

I forgot about this thread. I actually kept the thing and am glad I did. It's a 90 watt Illuminator from Pro source Worldwide and is still chugging along after all these years.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Lol, they have a program here that buyers and sellers can meet in the parking lot…of a police station.

Pawn Store or donate it for a tax write off. With craigs list, some clowns can follow you to your car and then follow the car or get the plate info and track you down to your house where they might think there is a grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts