What's new

Would Dr.Bud Method work on Sativas?

SmokedSinse12

I did it and I'm still doing it ... They were very real it's all about that sweet spot, I ran SuperSilverHaze x Trainwreck clones that were 3" and flowered them as soon as they were rooted in a 20oz and they finished at 14-15" so it's very possible...
My Thunder Goo is more sativa and does GREAT!!! best yield yet was a little more than 14g on one plant but I've yet to get that 21g monster but I will!!!

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

The 2 on the left both came in over 9g and the other 2 were 7g minus stems thank you very much don't listen to those who can't have a open mind about these yields being possible the way DrBud and I grow cuz I have done wonderful following his style ...

lollypopping?

smokeymacpot

Veteran
your much better off scrog'ing a sativa under cfl. if you try to SOG they WILL likely outgrow the cab, before they have even shown sex.

Rastatrue

Sure! Sativa's need love too!

Sure! Sativa's need love too!

Hey Now,

I'm a dedicated microgrower, thanks to the fabulous IC members.
Really, I use to just laugh at the Brits for their cabinet grows.
With CFL's and Dr. Bud's & Thundurkel insights- shit it works and is alot easier to maintain than the large space I use to use.

Finding the right plant for your cabinet/time/smell is important. Still, I grow what I like to smoke and a microgrow does it well.
I had one bagseed sativa in my garden. It was tall lanky and took twice as long to ripen- but I kept twisting it, trimming it back and sure enough it finished up long after the rest were gone or still in jars.

I was real happy with the results. I know those dank indica's are special.
But do you really want something that gives off a strong order or after a few puffs you feel like a zombie? Don't misunderstand me- I like it all, just that a light heady sativa high that leaves you smiling is precious.

How does Thundurkel say it- "I do it because they told me I can't"!
!:joint:
One Love

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nicely put Rastatrue thanks for the mentions, but yea dude you can easily just make a mom and flower your clones short and you can grow any strain you want. From what I notice strains that are more indica don't stretch much at ALL when flowered at 2"-6" and you need to take bigger clones and the usually veg slower so it takes longer to get to that sweet spot starting height. Now this is just my experience with the SR71 PK cuz most of my strains are sativa dominant but I would go with hybrids cuz my Maui Wowi x Tooty Fruity looks like it has quite a bit of indica in it and it takes off at 3"-4" and finishes at 17" with a big ol fat dense cola with more of a indy so I think 50/50 hybrids are probably perfect too . It's really all about how fast it vegs and what it's sweet spot is, thats what I look for...

HHHG

Yes You Can!

Yes You Can!

This is Thai Haze x Skunk from seed. Zero veg time. 23 days into 12/12 and only 6" tall.
picture.php

I keep Sativas close to the light for the first month of flowering to limit stretching

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice.. im going to be trying a Dr. Bud Inspired SOG.. cant wait been studying..

Friggin haters!

White, Dr.bud, cozy, & Thundurkel... "better tell them sumthin!"
I personally am starting the Doc's method. Just got my cabs built.

Good luck with the grow squal. lookin good!

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Friggin haters!

White, Dr.bud, cozy, & Thundurkel... "better tell them sumthin!"
I personally am starting the Doc's method. Just got my cabs built.

Good luck with the grow squal. lookin good!

bum them some more?

some people just dont like flowering with cfls, its their choice, they are also allowed to disbelieve the supposed yeilds. id probably say your HID haters more than everyone else is a "cfl hater", might want to think about that.

if you really knew your shit, you would be SCROGGING plants :joint:

White

Luckily there's only a few closed minded people around. It never bothers me to see another opinion, shit that's an opportunity to learn for me. But to call someone a liar and be so stubborn to the point of retardation, that's different. DrBuds harvest has been cut and dried and weighed to the gram for all to see. That should have ended it all.

I'm using HPS in my SoG flower cab (hopefully CMH soon).

I got all the love for HID smokeymacpot. And you know what, I'm gonna do a SCROG run once I get my first half of the cab filled. I'll compare it to my SOG setup and see what works best.

I'm not worried about my vertical growth, I'm more concerned with my square footage and how much I can jam together, you know. I'm looking to clone my most compact mother so I can really squeeze them in there.

Since I have 2 HPS lights, I might just build a box with the same sq. footage as my current flower cab and SCROG in there. I'll think about it all and let you know.

Anyways, thanks for the challenge.

Peace,
White

smokeymacpot

Veteran
you will not be disapointed by your hps scrog white, its the best way for maximum yeild :)
the thing about disputing these cfl claims is... most of us have seen what cfl can do and thats something people dont seem to realise.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
pure sativas can take as long as 6 months. they've grown on 12/12 for eons. their genetics say flower when ready. ready can be as long as 6 months since its 12/12 all the time. you can prolly speed it up a little with more darkness like 8/14 light schedule.

dont mind the dr.bud haters. they laughed at scrog, lst, cfl, fluoros, and BOG's methods in the beginning too, but look at all the people doing scrog, lst, clf, t5 tubes and bog methods , etc.

"cloning in water without rooting gel lol"

now everyone is cloning in bubble cloners with straight water :rolleyes:

shit they even laughed at supercropping. now you see branches with big knots in em all over the place.

Latest posts

Latest posts