What's new

WOS AK Landraces Cheap Chinese LED closet experiment

BrownThumb

@whatcha

I have never used HID, so can't really say, unfortunately. BTW, sorry for the slow response, I have not been around much lately. I am impressed with the vegetative production for sure and was happy with the first run from seed, but I think I need to up my game and be more disciplined before I will be happy and realize the full potential of the light. The light works well for the $, IMO, but I am pretty new to LED's and have seen other more experience growers blow me out of the water w/ their LED's, so.... Their wattage may be more, can't remember, so I am blaming myself for not hitting closer to my target, if that makes sense. User error and all that.

BrownThumb

:laughing: Those are indeed tough problems to have. My condolences on the 'Monsters'. :biggrin:

You SCROG, I don't. To be honest, I am not sure you even follow what I am playing with based on the couple of comments you have posted in this thread. Either way, thanks for the great advice. :moon:

whatcha

Hey Brown~

Thanks for the answer I will order this lamp since its not that expensive and seems to do a pretty job indeed and the comminication with the factory seems quite good aswell. I hope you will have more luck in your next project, and get to hit your target.

Regards,

a fellow grower

2 Legal Co

Veteran
My last remark was simply a congratulatory response.

Don't know why you'd EVEN consider the MOON as appropriate?

If you have the time, you might want to re-read my comments with the attitude that they were meant to be constructive and positive.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Furthermore; I'm still curious as to what the effective 'length' of the LEDs is, as regards to the intensity of lumens. I'm well aware of the limitations of the T5s I use.... more than a couple of feet is too much for 'proper' growth/plant health.

And yes I understood that you weren't in SCROG mode. My gentle inquiry was related to; Would it be more appropriate if you Did SCROG?

I'm curious as to the validity of that question.... since you seem to be getting a tremendous amount of stretch in some strains/specimens.

Didn't mean to piss in your coffee, so please Don't take it that way. I'm here to learn and perhaps help a bit with a few questions that Might tweak your logic? :):)

BrownThumb

Some recent pics of the up and comers and the soon to be has been's. The plants in the left two buckets are a cross I am calling PXA and on the right are two different cuts of WOS Afghan Kush. Then we have a few random flower chamber shots showing mainly Bhughani. The buds are airy and stretched, I assume due to heat, but they keep on flowering. I am also creating some F2's of the Bhughani's on these plants.

Attachments

• PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 003.jpg
    PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 003.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 12
  • PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 008.jpg
    PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 008.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 004.jpg
    PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 004.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 009.jpg
    PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 009.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 9
  • PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 010.jpg
    PXA_&_AKC-AKA_060213 010.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 11

whatcha

wow nice buds :) some of the better ones under led.. looking good..! maybe you can take some pictures of them after the lights turn off so we can see them really good ? :p thx in advance

BrownThumb

whatever...

whatever...

Bhughani sativa pheno not long before I got tired of waiting......100 days easily, if not more, still shooting out new flowers...F it!

Attachments

• Bhughani_A_081013 060.jpg
    Bhughani_A_081013 060.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 10

BrownThumb

whatever whatever

whatever whatever

PxA bud close-up....Yup, this'n's a winner. Super stoney creeper weed.

Attachments

• PxA_081213 054.jpg
    PxA_081213 054.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
  • PxA_081213 059.jpg
    PxA_081213 059.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 10

BrownThumb

The new deal...

The new deal...

Bigger ones are Purple Buds, 2 are PxA monster cuts and the Sativa-esque looking bush is a volunteer hybrid of Bhutanese and probably PxA. It has a really striking smell and a ridiculous amount of crystals in hi res vs. even the PxA's which is something. If you look at the Purple Buds, you will see one is a trifoliate.

Attachments

• Bhurple-or-Bhughani-volunteer.jpg
    Bhurple-or-Bhughani-volunteer.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PxA_Monster_Cuts 002.jpg
    PxA_Monster_Cuts 002.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Purple_Buds-36-days-Sex 007.jpg
    Purple_Buds-36-days-Sex 007.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 8

BrownThumb

And a final up to the minute update..

And a final up to the minute update..

The same space, slightly upgraded and running mostly strains with similar growth patterns since this is a production run. If you can't tell, these are small plants, the tallest being about 16".

Attachments

• Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 002.jpg
    Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 002.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 8
  • Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 014.jpg
    Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 014.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 016.jpg
    Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 016.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 019.jpg
    Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 019.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 017.jpg
    Purple_Buds-36-days-from-seed 017.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 9

BrownThumb

About 3 weeks later they're around 32"-34". The two biggest plants are Purple Buds. The next biggest is PXA, followed by a Bhughani and another PxA.

Attachments

• Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 006.jpg
    Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 006.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 001.jpg
    Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 001.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 014.jpg
    Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 014.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 022.jpg
    Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 022.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 009.jpg
    Purple_Buds-PxA-Bhughani_Day-10-flower 009.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 7

2 Legal Co

Veteran
You SCROG, I don't. To be honest, I am not sure you even follow what I am playing with based on the couple of comments you have posted in this thread. Either way, thanks for the great advice. :moon:
Based on your 'mooning' response,,,, I'm not sure why?

I'm sub'd to see what the LEDs are doing for you. Haven't used them at all yet. Certainly only humor meant on the post you quoted to/from.

Lighten up a bit, ok? I'm certainly not a detractor.