What's new

Worth Repeating: Big Pharma Takeover Of Med Marijuana In 2013

I don't see this happening at all.
To some extent it's already happening. Marinol(R) is a registered tradename of Solvay Pharmaceuticals and has been approved for use and rescheduled as a class III drug.

If I made Marinol I'd be prosecuted for manufacture of a controlled substance.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
If I made Marinol I'd be prosecuted for manufacture of a controlled substance.

I can see how they would do this, simply changing it from a banned substance to one which is "controlled" or owned actually by the companies they let in on the gold rush. How very "white" of them to create the conditions they now say they own and control this plant.

Drift13

I will just keep doing what I have been doing.....growing my girls to help me. If they arrest me again, so mote it be......

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
kids....

kids....

and i stop hating on Sam
more power to him if he sold his strains to start GW Pharma
he deserves to get paid .....

To ENCOURAGE an individual who ACTUALLY has intimate knowledge of said situation -

- Not just a columnists opinion -

To come and share their opinion - is not "hating" -

WTF - I thought we had age restrictions here!?!

dank.Frank

bentom187

Veteran
WAR ON HEALTH - The FDA's Cult of Tyranny

[YOUTUBEIF]VibVIRsHnI0[/YOUTUBEIF]

The actual movie begins around 25,minutes.but the intoduction is helpfull.i found its language to be helpfull and inclusive despite politics.

food/medicine its all exploitable,be indipendent with your resources as much as possible.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
'Here in Van BC Dana Larson is supposed to be the grower for the clubs but the bud is pretty crappy and it's $10.00 a gram" headband 707

Funniest shit I have read in weeks. Obviously a very educated opinion, lol. Not sure how such a steaming pile can be served as fact, but Dana is no grower. I can state this for you as fact though. Peace GS

No he just runs the clubs here lol... how many clubs does Dana have his finger in now? No Dana is not the grower he is the guy who is to talk on my behalf or the go between for the Gov for the clubs right? lol.. I'm not sure where Dana stands but it's not where I stand.. It's funny when you mention Dana not being a grower just the guy who supplies the bud right lol lol.. funny shit.. oh yeah it's still crappy bud btw.. Don't get me wrong I got nothing against Dana I just don't agree at all in what he thinks he is doing... It's not for me ...headband 707:biggrin:

Derty

Dertys comment

Dertys comment

Man....GREAT article!

Hey Sam_the_Skunkman - love to hear a rebuttal....!

dank.Frank

Thanks dank,frank and Mad Buddha Abuser for posting the whole article.Appreciate all the rest of you guys comments as well.

I tried to post it but was having trouble with my computer at the time.
I cant take any credit for the story, just re-posting link for the group here.

Thought this was an odd article and the gang here would get a kick out of it and slice and dice it a bit. The guy who wrote it did a nice piece on there a while back about the beginnings of prohibition. How jazz music was back in the early days.Even put some old jazz recordings in the article, and it goes into Henry Anslinger and all the crap he pulled to prohibit Cannabis. I'll have a look see and post the link for that article too.

I guess my point is the writer seems to know what he's talking about in the Jazz article. So this new one may be somewhat accurate. Think the Toke of the Town site is run by a former
NORML officer. Halfway decent cannabis entertainment is about all I can say about it.:dance013:

If the government, DEA, and police whatever. Make another bold move to shut down the Medical state's distribution. There could be a massive loss of work for the providers and support people.

With all the Los Angeles dispensaries ordered to close recently, Some cannabis people are pissed no doubt. Oaksterdam University sent me an e-mail about there new class. ""Home Delivery"" guess they figure its not safe at a storefront. Since they also got raided.

The conclusion is yet to be decided, so who knows?
DERTY

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a multi-billion dollar industry that we have fought, bled, and been caged for protecting and in the modern era turned into an acceptable reality - by the MAJORITY of Americans.

Hell, we did all the leg work for the government - now that we've built it (over many generations - that is not an inclusive comment - we have all helped overgrow prohibition) - and have spent our pocket bare to campaign and lobby for it - again, we all do this in our own unique ways -

We built this system - and like any other BILLION dollar industry - the crooks at the top have to have it. They'll be damned if the surfs and peasants find a way to escape the hold they have so marvelously packaged and sold to us called "freedom".

Every emerging successful - PROFITABLE - industry - will be taken and regulated to the point of exhausting the individuals by those who are greedy and seek power over another...

It ONLY MAKES SENSE - they will come to take it EVENTUALLY. It's been a very PLAUSIBLE outcome since 1996, day 1.

(all this is of course, just my opinion)

dank.Frank

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
you know 5 years ago when i was saying if we make med marijuana legal big pharma will have a red carpet to control the market but if it is decriminalized it cant be used in a corporate business plan

boy did i ever get flamed for that one

sadly enough, my suspicions were right

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the karmic repercussions for slights against humanity are far greater then the temporal riches we might gain exploiting it

file it under ureapwhatusow

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
you know 5 years ago when i was saying if we make med marijuana legal big pharma will have a red carpet to control the market but if it is decriminalized it cant be used in a corporate business plan

boy did i ever get flamed for that one

sadly enough, my suspicions were right

Yeah I also saw this coming with the Gov and Big Pharma.. Anything with money these pricks are going to get their greedy paws on what I don't like is the ppl in this game joining them asking others to get in line with the rest, this is the type of shit that pisses me off. headband 707

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i think lots of us read between the lines about ganja and big agripharma nazis,, i posted stuff back on og about the inevitability of legalisation leading to patents and ganja becoming fully controlled by the hidden hand..

after all the drug war goes all the way into your brain, and that's proper control 1984 style..

speaking the truth always gets you flamed, history shows that, however it used to be gangs of literalist "christians" that did the burning, thesedays its the opposite, apathetic nihilists that dont want to accept for one second that they have lied to themselves and are fundamentally manipulated on all levels.. but in a way they are the same thing..

Green Supreme

Veteran
Keep reaching headband, he is a figure head and has NOTHING to do with the running's and operation of the 2{That's 2 dude} that his name is on. That is 2 out of the 20 some in the lower mainland. Please tell us more, you seem very well informed. Peace GS

Green Supreme

Veteran
"the guy who supplies the bud right lol lol.. funny shit.. oh yeah it's still crappy bud btw.. Don't get me wrong I got nothing against Dana I just don't agree at all in what he thinks he is doing... It's not for me ".

LOL, keep reaching. I know the people in the position you speak of and it is clearly not Dana. Like he has time to be scouring the country side for packs. Please, more of this insider info you are spilling.

Sorry to the thread starter. I did not mean to hijack this thread, but cannot stand this type of out right bs , by peeps that know little of what they are blathering. Peace GS

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well... I may be wrong - but it does not appear as if Sam is still a member here at ICm - can't find his name under the users list...

dank.Frank

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
Well... I may be wrong - but it does not appear as if Sam is still a member here at ICm - can't find his name under the users list...

dank.Frank

Well if he's running GW, he's got some cake to make off binaca mixed with oil. no time for interneting.

Latest posts

Latest posts