What's new

WORST PART ABOUT GROWING..

Passenger

iluvtogrograss said:
The worst part for me is the illegality of it. I do not like the fact that I have to keep my hobby a secret to my 3-4 close friends that I share my final product with. I hate having to lie to them and tell them that I have a "guy" that I know that I get the herb from. They always ask if I can hook them up, they always offer to give me money so I can get them an OZ and I have to always decline and say that my "guy" only sells a little to me. I am not a commercial grower. I do have a nice set up with a perpetual grow, I harvest approx 2-3 OZ every 30 days or so, which is the perfect amount for my wife and I.

I am positive that if it wasn't illegal I would certainly expand my grow, not only to have more strains growing in my garden, but for breeding and just because I really love growing and would love to have a whole house, garage and yard full of cannabis.

I also dislike coming on ICMAG and seeing the pissing contests.

Yeah Agreed. I love everything about growing.

I'm tired of people going to jail over a plant from the laws, People not being able to tell the truth that they do or don't smoke because they may lose their job or people might try and look down on them for smoking herb.

Tired of the government demonizing it in my country and saying "Hydro" is evil and have to put more fencing up so my street can't see my outdoor plants. People can STEAL my plants but I can't grow a plant? so a bigger crime is being commited and they ignore that? Really tired of the laws.

philmb

Tolpan said:
Trimming is not real fun, but I won't miss it!

The worsest thing is throwing 60 JTR in full flower into the garbage!
I had to do this yesterday!

Fucking worsest thing is Powdery Mildow!!!!

Fuck that shit, hate it! Damn

Tolpan

Shit!! Why you have to throw it away? That WOULD SUCK..

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
philmb said:
Why does trimming suck? .... Its BOOOORING, theres not anough hours in the day for me as it is. So sitting there trimming for bloody hours is just one big headache. I know what ya saying, it means all is well, crops good n ready etc.. But the actuall task of trimmin is horrible.. I cant sit still for 10 mins as it is, short attention span to, so is a nightmare for me.

You're definitely listening to the wrong music :)

Hit a good upbeat sativa to occupy part of your brain.
Turn on some good tunes (Somafm.com tags trance trip) to occupy the other part.
Then focus on trimming. Things go swimmingly.

The worst part for me is being undermedicated watching it grow and trying NOT to trim it as I've only the one with trimmables.

I'd turn it all into butter and make brownies right now...... If I knew they'd last long enough for me to grow another one. But I know it isn't and wouldn't be worth it.

But the thought is there. :)

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Hydro-Soil said:
You're definitely listening to the wrong music :)

Hit a good upbeat sativa to occupy part of your brain.
Turn on some good tunes (Somafm.com tags trance trip) to occupy the other part.
Then focus on trimming. Things go swimmingly.

The worst part for me is being undermedicated watching it grow and trying NOT to trim it as I've only the one with trimmables.

I'd turn it all into butter and make brownies right now...... If I knew they'd last long enough for me to grow another one. But I know it isn't and wouldn't be worth it.

But the thought is there. :)

dude i hear ya and all... but honestly how many hours a day/days have you just trimmed and trimmed only?

to me the novelty of it all wore off at least in the first 6 hours, to say the least.. i dont give a fuck what music or high i have goin trimming for extended periods of time is an easy way to lose you mind.

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
Perlite in your socks.
Hydroton in the bathtub.
Perlite clogging your basement floor drains.
The dog finding out how fucking GREAT the remnants of a hydro plant (one rapidrooter, a stump, and some root stubs) are as a chew toy, and digging one out from under the sofa when the 'rents are over for tea.
Perlite in the stairwell in those crannies that are impossible to vacuum.
Perlite between your toes when you walk around barefoot.
Did I mention the perlite getting everywhere?

Oh yeah... and being marginalized like a criminal.

Edit: Word to SomaFM for trimming. Hit something kinda trippy and tune in to the Secret Agent station for some 007 exotica... awww yeeee.

Last edited:

Dr. Buzz

asa42 said:
imo the worst is not havin friends or family over...always havin to go to them...without owning a car. :D

Exactly. When you grow you must leave a part of the world behind.

Linenoise

maryj315 said:
It is a lonely hobby the only people I can share it with besides my wife is in here

Mj

Ditto. I miss having people over, bringing new women over, and coming off as a recluse because I never invite anyone over to my house. It has on several occasions essentially cock blocked me. I guess this means I choose weed over pussy. Well I suppose this is true to some extent.

Of course if I had to chose one over the other, sex wins. But if I had to choose between lots of sex and no weed or some sex and sufficient weed, well, that seems a like no-brainer to me. :joint:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
xu2x said:
THE WORST PART ABOUT GROWING or maybe it should be THE WORST PART ABOUT MARIJUANA in general, yes? My worst part would have to be the egos and swollen heads some people get. They're fantastic growers but always like to remind u how great they are. People should be more humble. "i grow the best weed." "o no u don't, i do!" Absolutely ridiculous.

fuk cares about egos??? worst part about growing???

FEDERAL AGENTS

egos dont kick yer fucking ass and hold you indefinatly until them decide to get rid of you>>> HELL i love growers with egos,,, cause them always so quick to prove themselfs::::nah smoke this,,no wait this is better,,nah my hash is mo bettah

metamorf

Is when you lose your pictures and diaries on a piece of shit site you've been hanging out at. Damn, I'm pissed at that h g x x x place right now.

And oh yeah, the paranoia.

Joe Hawkins

Taking pics of plants in the bathroom and dropping that brand new $600 digi cam in the toilet.

I did dry it out and it does now work but there remains a permanent spot in the middle that is all blurry.

And Trimming for sure, I left half my crop in pots last time in the bathroom, I got so sick of doing the 1st pund and let them dry out as is, I wouldnt do this again as i did lose a tiny bit to powdery mildew but I did find that trimming after it is dry seems whole lot easier.

NPK

1. Having to lie about the way I spend my time
2. Directly related to the above, the fear of being stigmatized
3. Getting ripped
4. Not being able to have backyard barbecues during the growing months
5. Emptying a 40-gallon reservoir one three-gallon bucket at a time

BONUS BAG

i hate trimming an even worst when someone helps you and you have to go over there work,it like thanks but no thanks

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
NPK said:
5. Emptying a 40-gallon reservoir one three-gallon bucket at a time

buy a pump and some tubing,,, and you wont need to dump your rez manually

philmb

metamorf said:
Is when you lose your pictures and diaries on a piece of shit site you've been hanging out at. Damn, I'm pissed at that h g x x x place right now.

And oh yeah, the paranoia.

Ye, I'm here from there to.. Think about the people who the site belongs to, They must be PISSED!! Didnt there host corrupt a load of files or somethin.

Quote---------------------------------
Perlite in your socks.
Hydroton in the bathtub.
Perlite clogging your basement floor drains.
The dog finding out how fucking GREAT the remnants of a hydro plant (one rapidrooter, a stump, and some root stubs) are as a chew toy, and digging one out from under the sofa when the 'rents are over for tea.
Perlite in the stairwell in those crannies that are impossible to vacuum.
Perlite between your toes when you walk around barefoot.
Did I mention the perlite getting everywhere?
------------------------------------------------------

LOL... I hear ya there bro, it get EVERYWEAR...

C

CTSV

Spider mites... If you have ever had them, you know what I mean. Had to leave a spot, due to those little bastards.

philmb

CTSV said:
Spider mites... If you have ever had them, you know what I mean. Had to leave a spot, due to those little bastards.

never had a dreaded spider mite visit.. They really THAT bad? Hard to get rid of i take it.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Id havta agree with ureapwutchaso, budrot in a fat ass cola is the worst.
2. Paranoia(from the law, rippers, ect.)
3. FUCKIN HERMI's.
4. Culling males.
5. Clean Up.

6.Trimmin THE SMALL STUFF. Big buds are fun to trim.

P

perakko

1. fucking nosey mannelandlords.

2. homemade "femz" that these idiots never shoud let escape their imcompetent hands...

3. pigs, paranoia and everything that comes along.