What's new

Worst invention ever? What needs to go back?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
Maybe religion was a factor in killing "more people in all of history", but so were many other things. Politics, borderlines, bitches, you know. Come on, just because that statement has been floating around on the internet since, well probably since the start of the internet, doesn't make it true. And repeating it over and over, or a majority of people agreeing with it will not make it true. That's all I'm saying.

benzo

Maybe religion was a factor in killing "more people in all of history", but so were many other things. Politics, borderlines, bitches, you know. Come on, just because that statement has been floating around on the internet since, well probably since the start of the internet, doesn't make it true. And repeating it over and over, or a majority of people agreeing with it will not make it true. That's all I'm saying.

Just think of the countless wars that were fought in some gods name. It goes way far back into time..

Give me the title of a book that you have read that proves the statement.

The bible. This statement hasn't been floating around since the Internet, its been a topic oh humanity for centuries upon centuries. Many religious wars have been going on for a 100 to 1000 years. Just look at the Middle East. Not to long ago some planes flew into the World Trade Center in the name of jihad...religious war which then spawned the US wars with Iraq and Afghanistan and they continue. The Israeli Palestinian conflict about the "holy land". I really don't want to argue but there are a ton of wars with religion at the helm for 1000's of years!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
FB~FARMVILLE

FB~FARMVILLE

Blast you, Farmville. The most addictive of Facebook games is hardly even a game — it's more a series of mindless chores on a digital farm, requiring the endless clicking of a mouse to plant and harvest crops. And yet Zynga, the evil genius behind this bizarre digital addiction, says more than 10% of Americans have logged in to create online homesteads. How many hours of lost productivity does that translate to?

http://www.time.com/time/specials/p...991915_1991909_1991768,00.html #ixzz2IuK6Z7h7

O

OrganicOzarks

Woman's lack of interest in anal
Balls after 50 years of gravity
Vagina hair

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
The bible. This statement hasn't been floating around since the Internet, its been a topic oh humanity for centuries upon centuries. Many religious wars have been going on for a 100 to 1000 years. Just look at the Middle East. Not to long ago some planes flew into the World Trade Center in the name of jihad...religious war which then spawned the US wars with Iraq and Afghanistan and they continue. The Israeli Palestinian conflict about the "holy land". I really don't want to argue but there are a ton of wars with religion at the helm for 1000's of years!

Okay, how about all the wars that were fought before humans ever thought about God? Those wars were fought over property, food, bitches,etc. for many thousands of years before anything resembling religion.

And doesn't it seem realistic to assume that many wars that were fought over religion in name, were actually being fought in pursuit of control or material gain?

I think a lot of people use this "fact" as an excuse not to look a little more deeply into the idea that there might be some divine intelligence/creator. But that's just like, my opinion, and I admit it.

Back on topic, one of the worst inventions ever might be the emoticon! :peacock:

sprinkl

Veteran
Chemical fertilizer.
Farming grounds all over suffer from the lack of organic content added, decreasing yields and making my food more expensive!