What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

worries for light deprivation

nomaad

Veteran
Oh man... that's awesome. I've been looking at their greenhouses for months and never noticed that they sell just the light dep material.

I considered investing in their 20x20, but I decided to make my own for next year. Absolutely brilliant that they sell the fabric!!!

This being your first post, I suspect a marketing campaign, but I am nonetheless glad to know about the availability of the option.

2uptown

6 mil plastic

6 mil plastic

i use cheap 6 mil plastic to light dep my girls. it tears and occasionally it lets some light in but never had any issues with it. end of season it gets thrown away. back to home depot in the spring.

nomaad

Veteran
I am looking for something breatheable for next year... i have had minor mold problems this year...early it was rust and more recntly some botrytis (bud rot)... I also have PM all over my property, so air circulation is key.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
(i originally was going to do one 50x16' hoophouse with a lot more plants, but the sheriff came by and made me take some down)...

Ok I gotta hear the rest of this story, I'm assuming medi-grow and the sheriff came by to count? Did he see outdoor plants too? Did he take any "extra" plants on his visit?

Thanks for any info...

nomaad

Veteran
i missed this... sorry. he came by and gave us a week to take down about 9 plants and get rid of a bunch of backups we had in smaller pots. at the time nothing was in flower.

in the end he came back a day before he said he was going to and we were almost, but not quite in compliance. He didn't try very hard when he counted and was pretty amiable about the whole thing. As he walked thru the gate that day, a big gopher snake slithered across his boot. It was really strange, but whatever was going thru his cop mind before he came through our gate changed in some way when the serpent. Not that he had bad intentions.... just that whatever his energy was, the snake seemed to disarm him.

Anyhow. at the time, "compliance" for our three scripts was 36 vegging or 18 vegging and 18 in flower. I now have another script, so its doesn't matter, but I will have my light dep down before any REAL flowering occurs in the full summer garden.... there are four or five plants about to seriously pop, but even if the sheriff came back, I don;t think he would have a problem between out 18 mature and 18 immature. If he does come back after tomorrow, all he will see is my 18 full season girls and some empty hoop houses.

The Bling

can you just cover for a few hours before the sun goes down/ when it first comes up to have more air flow i mean its dark out right just not for long enough?

nomaad

Veteran
can you just cover for a few hours before the sun goes down/ when it first comes up to have more air flow i mean its dark out right just not for long enough?

People I know do this, but the same people have reported to me that they finish a week to two later and have some strange stress reactions from time to time. Mine was tight and everything came down as expected, timewise.

Check my thread... posts up till about 3 weeks ago were focused on the black box, start to finish including the circulation issues we had in late flower. lots of pics.

ForeverFlower.com now sells a breathable light dep material... I believe that this, with a 12/12 true light/true dark cycle, would be the best way to merge the indoor and outdoor and greenhouse aspects of a light dep.

read up on this year's in the thread and keep looking at the greenhouse forum for the start of my year round sup/dep greenhouse project...

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
What we did last year to remove humidity, use a dehumidifier. turn it on when you cover, turn it off when you pull.