What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

World Cup & Weed

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
So.. I'll be heading to Brazil this summer for the World Cup, going to be nuts. I planned on taking some unopened oil pens & possibly wrapping Errl in tootsie roll wrappers, burying in the tootsie roll bag, and sealing back up. Not sure if I wanna run the risk of smuggling a months supply of Errl into another country, so now I guess I'm testing the waters to see how the local herb is.

Anyone smoked weed in Recife? Is it pretty easy to source in the typical tourist areas? And of course... Is it easy to find quality local herb?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Getting there....there's(sniff) dogs at the airport. Plenty of hook ups once in San Paolo, so why take it???

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
Hah, yes that's exactly why I made this thread, because I've decided not to be a smuggler.. As stated in OP. Thanks for response tho, I think? I'll be in Recife, also, as stated in OP.

saluki

ICMag Donor
I doubt he needed help googling Recife and mariujana/cannabis :d hahahahaha but as he said thanks I think?

In the interest of advancing this thread I think he is asking for those with first hand knowledge/experience. A local or a tourist with personal experience. Don't follow any guide you googled on how to score, just my personal advice.

Chemdg there will be tons of green out to be had but IMO it will be 99% low grade mass cultivated garb.

Unless you are willing to get there 2 or 3 weeks early and build up some connections you will have to get high on your own supply from back home or tolerate whatever's available locally.

You could always get lucky and stumble upon the hooked up bell boy/valet/bartender.

The people that can afford the quality of cannabis you are after will be the affluent higher middle to upper class net worth individuals. $$$$$$

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
you could always blast some of the local outdoor yourself over there. i'm sure they sell butane over there too. take a clean glass tube with you and say it's a dildo if they ask lol. then just source a pyrex dish and a nice quite lace outdoors. bring a flask of hot water and you are good to go, hehe.

ChemDgMillionre

Veteran
There we go, a couple helpful responses, thanks Gaius & Saluki.

Airbud... Dogs at an international airport... Nooooo Waaaaaay maaaaaaan!

I'll have to say, the bellboy idea ain't bad. We got a sick apartment for the month in the nicest part of Recife.. So asking some of the headier looking employees might just be a great idea. And also you've seeded ideas of me blasting, haha.. Might very well happen, could be a last ditch option.

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
well normally the quality of bud aint that great, mostly is bricks of weed coming from Paraguay pressed together, leaf and seeds as well, doesn't look like weed at all, search for "prensado" or "baseado", its just some of the names that they use there, but you may find some local weed, that would be awesome, great potencial country for weed growing, if the mindset changes!
have a great World Cup, would love to be there myself!!
K+

RoadRash

Anyone smoked weed in Recife? Is it pretty easy to source in the typical tourist areas? And of course... Is it easy to find quality local herb?

In Tijuana, half the time the taxi driver leads the conversation around to being able to get you "whatever you want", women or weed as the case my be.

My guess is, there are a few hundred taxi drivers in Recife that would be happy to introduce a visitor to the local cannabis varieties. :woohoo:

Relax dude, there is plenty of weed here in Brazil, although, good herb is a diferent story, like it was said above, usualy crappy brick , but there is also good compressed weed, don´t fool yourself thinking there is no good weed coming from paraguay, it isn´t hard to find hook ups in Recife, justo ask taxi drivers, they usually have all the connections...drugs, girls, and whatnot, have a grate time here in Brazil.

StoneyK

Veteran
ive flown more rimes than I can count with hash.
the hash tou keep in its sugary form then I wmpty some cheap gel caps an refill em with hash.
Ive been right next to dogs with wm in my pocket scared me shitless but it happened so many times instopped worrying.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Gonna Be sick. Hope it stays safe. Brazilians can go off. Some intense politics going on.

Watching a WC match 20years ago in Palo Alto US against Brasil, they were the coolest fans.. Congratulating Us for only losing 1-0.. Classic.. Surfing with them in Hawaii not so fun...:) They block for each other. No one else does that.. haha.

Bucket List Item for me - Go to Bahia for the music, waves, the culture, and to sample the local female talent. The legends speak for themselves. As well as the stories I heard in the Travel Industry for a decade.

Update..? Still going..?

otto mayer1

Gonna Be sick. Hope it stays safe. Brazilians can go off. Some intense politics going on.

Watching a WC match 20years ago in Palo Alto US against Brasil, they were the coolest fans.. Congratulating Us for only losing 1-0.. Classic.. Surfing with them in Hawaii not so fun...:) They block for each other. No one else does that.. haha.

Bucket List Item for me - Go to Bahia for the music, waves, the culture, and to sample the local female talent. The legends speak for themselves. As well as the stories I heard in the Travel Industry for a decade.

Update..? Still going..?

Rest assured you will be safe . The demonstrations against the World Cup are an uninformed minority who are ashamed to be Brazilian .
The Brazilian people are kind and loves to talk with a foreigner who they call " gringo " . It's hard to find someone who speaks English outside the hotels , mainly in Bahia , but people will do its utmost to understand him and help him if necessary.
Bahia is a true paradise . Every end of the year I'm going to spend my vacation there . It is a place of many contrasts , where you will see a lot of wealth alongside great poverty to , but you'll see a kind people and beautiful nature , unspoiled beaches and many festivals .
I live much further south in Minas Gerais , a beautiful place to visit. If you come by be sure to visit the city of " São Tomé das Letras " , is the Mecca of Brazilian potheads , a city built on top of a rock , in which the houses are made ​​of stone tb , where you will find all sorts of people. Very cool !

Apologies for the English, but do i use the google translator .

EastCoastHaze

Veteran
Man that gonna be a blast!!! I cant wait to watch it on the flat screen but if i could be there i so would. Nice seeing football players come out of the woods.

If you find good seed in some herb from down there you gonna bring em back!!??

Have fun man and be safe.

Latest posts

Latest posts