What's new

Wont Stop Growing!! What to DO!

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
Yer fine, just bend them as needed

You people recommending Bushmaster have obviously never grown blue Dream (ya ever grown anything?) b4. WRONG INFO, terrible terrible advice.

Pick the right strain for your setup and dont fight nature

Put an extra fan right on your light if you feel alot of heat from it. Then your girls can get way close w/ little problems. Maybe some light burn but Blue dream really is a dream to grow. Enjoy her!
[You people recommending Bushmaster have obviously never grown blue Dream (ya ever grown anything?) b4. WRONG INFO, terrible terrible advice.]

to each there own never growen bluedream but have several other strains

personally i like Bushmasters results product dose what it's meant to do on 90% of the plants. normally i only use 1 application to stop stretch

NorCalKind

Super cropping is a bad thing to do when you're already into flowering folks. Especially during the 2nd to 5th week when stresses affect the bud production the most. Super cropping and LST are supposed to be done in veg, as I'm sure most of you know hopefully. Obviously you had to do something, and hopefully things turn out the best for you, but you also might have a hermie issue depending on the strain you grow and what stresses the plant can endure.

Y

YoungBud

Super cropping is a bad thing to do when you're already into flowering folks. Especially during the 2nd to 5th week when stresses affect the bud production the most. Super cropping and LST are supposed to be done in veg, as I'm sure most of you know hopefully. Obviously you had to do something, and hopefully things turn out the best for you, but you also might have a hermie issue depending on the strain you grow and what stresses the plant can endure.
What Would you have suggested? When Plants are 2 Inches away from the Lights?

SaltyBalls

yea supercrop them they will be fine iv been there they will need some support at the end because of the weak spots

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
i treat my weed like i do my ladies , i bend them over and tie them up,get them close to the light so i can see the hairs and get a good sniff before i lock them in the closet

Y

YoungBud

Heres a little update..
There all Doing good..
I dont think i messed anything up 2 bad.. =D
DSCN1253.jpg

DSCN1264-1.jpg

DSCN1256.jpg

DSCN1255.jpg

DSCN1263.jpg

DSCN1265.jpg

bengie187

Blue Dream(Blueberry-Haze) Breeder??....Im currently Growing Blaze(blueberry-haze) from vancouver seed bank.....how are they different i wonder??:) Thats pretty sweet though:yoinks:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I was Reading About a SuperCrop but seems a little Sketchy Braking them..
Ive never had a Stain That Stretchs so damn MUCH!
BlueDream is no joke..

Fold them over! DO NOT TOP! Folding will increase canopy density to a degree. Topping will more than DOUBLE the density and increase growth rate besides.

it looks like its done stretching the plants only stretch first 2-3 weeks

Depends on the strain. Some plants will stretch for 20 weeks and more.

Tie them over? Why crush something (and snap it) when you can "gently coerce".

Because the plant loves it and it creates a more even canopy.

In addition to the above suggestions, Bushmaster will halt vertical growth more or less dead in its tracks.

Search "Humboldt County's Own BushMaster" and you're good. It's available in most Hydro shops and online - everywhere.
The general consensus is that bushmaster contains PGRs, which can negatively effect the end results. I would top before I put it on my plants personally, and I don't think topping at this point is my favorite idea, I'd go with LST of some sort first.

I wasn't going to say anything about supercropping, but the later posts are right, if you do it when you're not in veg or transition, the tops don't seem to point back up like they do when you're in veg. I've been doing it a ton on my plants still in veg, though.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
I wasn't going to say anything about supercropping, but the later posts are right, if you do it when you're not in veg or transition, the tops don't seem to point back up like they do when you're in veg. I've been doing it a ton on my plants still in veg, though.

That's a strain dependent occurrence. Most of my sativas laugh at super-crop and straighten up in a matter of hours. I have to tie after folding or the folding does no good.

That's a strain dependent occurrence. Most of my sativas laugh at super-crop and straighten up in a matter of hours. I have to tie after folding or the folding does no good.
Yeah, I tried it with GDP and was immediately pissed, knowing that I had made a miscalculation. I had actually intended to do it to a different plant but made an oops :) Lol, as long as I get the snap right, they seem to flatten out a bit for me, but you're right, at least one of them (possibly a different pheno, possibly user error), hasn't decreased much vertically from supercropping. I just had to move her right under the light to prevent too much stretch. I have been using plant hangers (they look like white yo-yos with orange j hooks on them) on the lip of the planter and I'm pulling down the branches with them gently.

D

danimal7

you can always just gently bend them over and tie them down with twist tie . also know as training , it works well and will make the lower branches get more light and grow up to be colas.... good luck