What's new

Wmass worm castings?

Muleskinner

Veteran
found out something good yesterday - Aurora/Roots Organic has opened a new compound in upstate New York, Hudson river valley area. So the soil mixes and worm castings for the northeast are shipping out of NY, not Oregon, it's practically a local product now.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
found out something good yesterday - Aurora/Roots Organic has opened a new compound in upstate New York, Hudson river valley area. So the soil mixes and worm castings for the northeast are shipping out of NY, not Oregon, it's practically a local product now.
Hey thanks I'll try to remember to check my grow shop see which brands they have again.

I just looked at the growearthly site. I see 84 dollars for a 5 gallon bucket picked up in RI if I bring a bucket.😱 just a bit steep. 3-4 bucks a gallon is a fair price in my opinion.

Thanks Muleskiner,that is a fair price for a branded product, but I am all set on Vermicompost. I produce a few yards per year.

Attachments

• 34A001E4-E00B-4DAD-B69F-A0DB17062587.jpg
    34A001E4-E00B-4DAD-B69F-A0DB17062587.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 7A5ADACF-CDA9-4566-A1EE-1A8E02E5F0CE.jpg
    7A5ADACF-CDA9-4566-A1EE-1A8E02E5F0CE.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 55

Muleskinner

Veteran
those castings looks super nice! great use of pumpkins - how do you separate the finer castings particles from the mess in the worm bin? Is there a screen at the bottom or something?

those castings looks super nice! great use of pumpkins - how do you separate the finer castings particles from the mess in the worm bin? Is there a screen at the bottom or something?

Thank you. I have to shovel it out and manually sift it through a 1/4 inch and then 1/8. A lot of work to get the fines. ✌️

Latest posts

Latest posts