What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

With the end of the world coming...how much MJ do you need stocked up?

tgif

..enough to stay in a state of perpetual bliss, oblivious to the crumbling world outside; but the munchies would probably be my demise. The quest for food .. he he

D

DU420

enough to build a house out of then when I see the tsunami hurteling towards me and the earth starts a shaking I'm a burn that muthafucker down.......with me in it

Can you imagine 2-3 year into a collapsed economy after the shock has wore off. After people have accepted the fact that its like a "Mad Max" reality. Not mentioning the obvious, fresh food, water, Guns, Ammo, ciggerates and alcohol. What is it gonna cost you for an OZ for some AAA Top Shelp? Shit even a gram.

mwz

Veteran
Are you prepared? you've got food, got water, got guns and ammo. but how much weed do you need to last until you could grow more after the apocalypse?

I think some of the preppers are a little out there,but, I think being prepared for any emergency is good.
"expert" preppers say you should try to store a years worth of food and water, but how much weed would you need to see you and your fellow survivors through a year? whats the longest you ever had weed stay smokable in storage? whats the best way to store MJ for long periods of a year or more? I use mason jars, but there has to be many more ways for storage.

just looking for other views and ideas.

Take hash man, it's more compact. That being said, if it were the end of the world, the authorities would have more higher priorities than keeping stoners in check. So you could probably go nuts and get as much as you can carry.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
My thoughts are seeds and extracts are the way to go.

I wouldn't have a ton of actual bud sitting around but I think concentrates that can be buried or hidden is the way for me. I am going to call it geohashing :laughing:

TheArchitect

Veteran
Oh bout 50 pounds of flowers, 10 pounds of winterized oil, 10k 75mg hash oil caps, 5 pounds s1 seed of each variety.

That should set me up right post apocalypse.

mwz

Veteran
My thoughts are seeds and extracts are the way to go.

I wouldn't have a ton of actual bud sitting around but I think concentrates that can be buried or hidden is the way for me. I am going to call it geohashing :laughing:

lol! Let's go on a treasure hunt! :) Perhaps some ex-drug dogs will come in handy :)

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
In a post apocalyptic world you had better not be running around stoned or you are going to end up as food.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i like zippos !i would say if a pouned a year will hold ya then you would need seven pounds plus seeds ,good luck hope to see ya on the other side

Raho

Veteran
Surprised nobody mentioned the value as an all purpose medicine in SHTF times.
Drug stores would be emptied of pharmaceuticals soon after the balloon goes up.

Many of the therapeutic effects of cannabis would be of great value.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
but seriously, whats the longest anyone has had weed stored that's still smokable?

Good bud starts to get noticeable weaker after 6 months at room temperature. After a few years it's nothing like what it was at first. Older weed has more CBN than THC, giving you a fuzzy body feeling and a cloudy head high that's not that enjoyable.

I accidently discovered that alcohol acts as a natural preservative for THC. I have some batches of green dragon that are over 10 years old but still have the same potency. Bud or trim won't stay good that long unless you keep them frozen.

If I had to prepare for the end of the world, I'd get as much bud as I could. Use the bud to make oil, then dissolve the oil in Everclear 190. Several cases of Everclear with as much hash oil dissolved in each bottle as possible. I'd have the option of drinking the tincture directly or letting some evaporate to get smokable oil.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can always make more seeds. I would not take more then a lb of my best. take all of my seeds. Find a place I can be safe hunt and grow, and old mine shaft will work great. easy to make traps for the unwanted ;)

Easy7

Veteran
Around the area I am in the states, you wouldn't want caught with weed anytime. I'd be happy having seeds and food/water. The farming skills are always worth a lot. Distilling gasoline is also a important skilll, as well as drilling. People would want to rebuild the Government, they would kill for that. Around some circles weed would go for a lot. You could get something out of them, but nothing very important to them. Maybe some meds they don't have a use for. It's hard to make pharmi's and those are effective for their "shelf life". Gas would go on par for weed in a trade, as well as firearms, but someone would have to see the value. Most people would just remain the nutty people they are, angery about their life, not seeing any value in medicating their spirits. Distilling booze and beer would have a high value among slightly more people than with weed. Being able to make or repair things would be very important. Office jobs would be nothing at all. Growing tobacco would likely be the most important. Pressure cookers would be worth more than several lives! As well as canning jars! Skills such as bartering, farming, canning/preserving food, collecting viable seeds, manufacturing and reparing are all advisable skills. Having gas would be the best, natural gas or gasoline....making those and your the king of trades, just under weapon lord.