What's new

Wiring up Lithonia GT3 MV - Low Profile Fluorescent Troffer

CimbaKat

https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/173165/LITH-0154.html?cc=400&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmsrxBRDaARIsANyiD1pWWLdbesE6HVB5hijfAnbGpsgrfVSfpGILOpo3NOzyqHBb3oqpA4MaAnLhEALw_wcB

This link is newer model, ones i picked up are from the mid 90s i believe he said.

I picked 9 of these up from a wonderfully generous guy on CL for free.. They have the ballasts installed, they just need the outlet cord wired up on 8/9 of the fixtures. Anyone have links for how to's? Or have any recommendations? I have no wxperience wiring anything however im handy and learn quick.. somone i know has experience but they have a busy schedule so id like to do it on my own time if possible.

Lastly do i want the UV lense on them or does that block lighting? Never used a fixture like these. We're planning to use for vegging our hemp and veggies if they run well. should give us a 8.5ftx8.5ft approximate veg footprint. These are used fixtures that have be updated to be high efficiency (were used in a building). Should they run fine? We have no money for lights atm... so imma make it work to their best potential just would like to know if theyre worth wiring up or just scrap em. Anyone recommend a height from canopy for veg?

Pretty nuts, just the fixtures comes out to $504.00 worth of lights for free, granted theyre used.. I have extra replacement lenses he gave me plus a box of like 40+ T8s.. any feed back is great. Thanks.