What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Winflex TT 15 U: help with wiring!

LeBarra

Hey everyone!

Hey everyone.

Trying to assemble my new tent, and I realised I have no idea on how to do the wiring.

THIS is the "insides" of my Winflex TT 125 U Extractor (with Power Regulator Thermostat), and THIS the cable I bought to connect it to the wall outlet.
I have no idea were the colored wires should go, or if the cable is right at all. I've tried to look at schematics and searched online, but it's Arab to me.

Here an album with more pictures of the extractor and the instructions.

TIA for your help!

Bobby Boucher

a quick google search tells me that you have to..

"Have to pop off the two knobs and undo the circuit board from the plastic housing and the terminals for the mains are there on the now-exposed side of the circuit board."

Sounds goofy.

Bobby Boucher

"The neutral black has been replaced by blue.
The line red and has been replaced by brown.
The earth is still identified by green and yellow."

^^UK color coding

So on your power cord (which will work just fine)..

The blue is your neutral and brown is your "hot". The yellow is your ground and can tied into the existing yellow and green with a wire nut, or tied under a metal screw there somewhere. I'll give the schematic another look but.. I need to get some more coffee in me first. My brain is only running at half capacity.

Last edited:

LeBarra

Cheers mate!

Could you post the link to the video? For some reasons it says it can't be displayed here.

Tonight I'll try to unscrew the two knobs and expose the board.
I don't own a wire nut (had to google what it is because I know nothing about electrical stuff) but I'll worry about that later I guess :D

Thanks again

Bobby Boucher

I noticed that and edited it in the previous post.. Link should be valid now.

Wire nut is just a little screw cap that connects (or in this instance, closes off) wires. Dime a dozen. Should always have a few lying around.

LeBarra

Alright I was finally able to open it.

I have to say the design of this thing is just stupid.
I had to lift up the plastic protections, then unscrew the metal knobs, and finally the part with the L and N connectors is exposed.
Turns out tho that the connectors are placed exactly above the hole for the cable, so the wires can't be too long or you won't be able to close the lid; can't be too short, or you don't have space to maneuver.

I took a picture for posterity.

Writing all of this down for someone who ends up here searching Google for solutions.
Think twice about buying this crap; I have no idea how it works, but I can't imagine having to fiddle for half an hour every time there's a problem.

I think I'll send it back and get me another one - maybe a Systemair Sileo SVK, or one similar to this but made by Vents.

Bobby Boucher

When you are wiring boxes up like that, everything has to be suuuuper tight, because all that slack needs to be twisted and shoved back in. Thats just how she goes.

LeBarra

Turns out shipping it back would cost me more than half of the value of the extractor, so I'd better keep it.

One of the problems I'm facing is with the earth cable. Can I leave it hanging around (there are no screws in the vicinity)? Or should I tape it up with the earth from the extractor?
I've been to my local hardware store looking for wire nuts and I couldn't find them, surprisingly.