What's new

Windows 7 won't resume fronm sleep mode

STUPPA

Well i've had my new comp and windows 7 for nearly a month now and it's already gone AWOL on me .

Here's the problem: when i put the comp into sleep mode everything closes down OK but when i try to resume by pressing a key it sounds like it is restarting by the fans whirring but i just get a black screen with a flashing cursor and that is it !
no.gif
it does not get any further than that so i have to turn off via the power button TWICE! before it will give me an option to continue resuming or delete the restoration data. Then and only then can i get back into windows and ive lost my original session.

I have been looking round the net and it seems like quite a common problem with windows 7 and no one seems to have the answer LOL typical
smile.gif
best suggestion so far :"dont use sleep mode"
laughing.gif

I have ran several virus and malware scanners and i 'm clean as a nuns habit on a sunday , i have checked the power options in contol panel and uninstalled any third party power apps and still it does'nt resume from sleep.

Has anyone here got any idea about this ? i wonder if reinstalling all my USB stuff that is connected up will help?

jgrow

I have the same problem on my laptop running 7, no idea what it is. I get a report occasionally telling me a certain driver has failed x amount of times. Its a pain in the ass

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Mine does that. It will automatically go into sleep mode and when I try to wake it up it doesn't seem like its waking up. I just have to wait a minute for it to wake up. Its a pain in the ass, but thats the way it is and the effort in fixing it, getting rid of win7, is more effort than dealing with the slow wake up.

STUPPA

It really is a pain in the ass! thats for sure , what makes it worse is microsoft have released a hotfix for it but it does'nt ...erm actually fix it HA :) ,

Im getting an XP flash back oh noooo! please make it stop!:snap out of it:

Latest posts

Latest posts