What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WILL YOU BE FIRED FOR SMOKING WEED?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And IMHO it will need to be legal at the federal before there is a chance in hell that a change like this will take place.
True.

packerfan79

Veteran
I am in construction, have only been tested 3 or 4 times in 8 years.I know people who smoke before during and after work. I have friends who were smoking on the roof of the L.A. County jail. I had a superintendent who would smoke all day, I don't smoke during work hours, but I fire up a bowl as I pull out of the parking lot.

I think the tweakers are a big part of the problem. I seen a tweaker cut his thumb almost completely off. This was years ago when I did cabinets. Chop saw ain't no joke about

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Metabolites may stay in your system for more than a month... But with many places, pre-employment testing is a means to determine if you have enough self control to cross the threshold clean. After that, what you do in your time off is your own business. But don't fuck up on the job....

packerfan79

Veteran
I went to work for one company, the Forman forgot the testing stuff so in his words "everyone passes today".he was a smoker though. I seen a pack of swishers on his dashboard.the foreman was my best customer by the time that job ended. I was freaking out when one of the guys said that they test. Dodged a bullet there.a few weeks later they hired a couple more guys one just boned out when they said drug test.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
What's totally fucked is, if you have a script for heavy duty narcotics (oxy's, perc's, vic's) , you can go to work fucked right up. Nodding out standing up and shit. That's fine, and legal, and alot of places tolerate it. But fail a drug test for cannabis and everyone loses their minds.

I've worked jobs where I would get high all day, and no problems. Cutting meat, using a band saw to cut bone-in steaks. The three of us working there would take turns filling the pipe and getting high on our breaks. Now that I'm a little older I prefer to go to work straight. Could still prolly out-work everyone I work with with a buzz on. I just choose not to. The job I'm at now, it says right in our handbook, the only drugs you can do on the job are ones prescribed and federally legal. Bout 2 out of every 5 people there come to work high,lol.

St. Phatty

I've gotten $$ bonuses for work performed under the influence.

I think it depends a lot on the state & the employer.

nickman

Veteran
What's totally fucked is, if you have a script for heavy duty narcotics (oxy's, perc's, vic's) , you can go to work fucked right up. Nodding out standing up and shit. That's fine, and legal, and alot of places tolerate it. But fail a drug test for cannabis and everyone loses their minds.

I've worked jobs where I would get high all day, and no problems. Cutting meat, using a band saw to cut bone-in steaks. The three of us working there would take turns filling the pipe and getting high on our breaks. Now that I'm a little older I prefer to go to work straight. Could still prolly out-work everyone I work with with a buzz on. I just choose not to. The job I'm at now, it says right in our handbook, the only drugs you can do on the job are ones prescribed and federally legal. Bout 2 out of every 5 people there come to work high,lol.

I agree with u so much about the legal pills people take at work... I used to work with this guy who would come to work everyday high off percs or heroin or something like that ... he would always get passed the random drug tests...
I screw up and piss dirty for weed and I'm fired... I don't even smoke during work hours - as soon as I left I did though.