What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will they find the plane?

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there would still be a pilot on board, but it would be a role reversal, as he would be the backup system and the computer the Captain.

airplane-autopilot-o.gif
[/URL] GIFSoup[img/]

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Malaysian Government is definitely conspiring to keep something hidden. What? Who knows? This reminds me of the CIA's Bin Laden Boogie Man tapes.

Voice Recording From Missing Flight MH370 Was Edited
It has been nearly two months since Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 disappeared without a trace on March 8. Since then, despite the endless coverage of CNN, there has been absolutely no progress in uncovering any clues about the fate of the missing Boeing 777. Perhaps the following may provide some clarity on why.

On Thursday, for the first time, 7 minutes of audio recordings of the final conversations between pilots of the missing Malaysian jet and teams of air traffic controllers on the ground were released.

The recording is provided below.

See link for video

There is one problem: the recordings were "edited" leading many to wonder if the entire conversation wasn't fabricated on a sound stage, and if so: why? And just what is the Malaysian government (either alone or in conjunction with other countries) hiding.

NBC News
Analysts who listened to the recordings for NBC News did not know why they were edited, but discovered at least four clear breaks in the audio that indicated edits.

"It's very strange," said audio-video forensic expert and registered investigator Ed Primeau of Primeau Forensics, who has analyzed hundreds of audio recordings. He said the beginning and end of the recording are high-quality with a low noise floor, meaning ambient background noise is almost silent, unlike the middle.

"At approximately 1:14 (a minute, 14 seconds into the audio, which can be heard here), the tone of the recording change to where to me, it sounds like someone is holding a digital recorder up to a speaker, so it's a microphone-to-speaker transfer of that information. That's a pretty big deal because it raises the first red flag about there possibly being some editing," he said.

The next part that raises questions is two minutes, six seconds in, through two minutes, nine seconds in, he said.

"I can hear noise in the room, along with the increase in the noise floor. I can hear a file door being closed, I can hear some papers being shuffled. so I'm further convinced that, beginning at 1:14 continuing through 2:06 to 2:15, it's a digital recorder being held up to a speaker."

Long gaps in the communication throughout the recording also imply some editing, he said.

"But yet, at 6:17, there's a huge edit because the conversation is cut off. It's interrupted. And the tone changes again," he said. "The noise floor, when you're authenticating a recording from a forensic perspective, is a very important part of the process. All of a sudden, we go back to the same quality and extremely low noise floor that we had at the beginning of the recording."

Kent Gibson, a forensic audio examiner with Forensic Audio in Los Angeles, added that there appear to be additional edits at 2:11 and 5:08, and agreed it sounded as though the middle section was recorded with a microphone near a speaker.

"You can hear, at 4:07, pages turning or a person breathing, which is unusual," he said.

While it's not uncommon for the background of a recording to change when a cockpit communication turns over from ground control to air controllers — which happened about four minutes into this recording — that doesn't explain the noises that are heard.

"It's not unusual that there would be clicks when they push the button on the microphone, but it's very unusual to have a disturbance. Normally you wouldn't have any background," Gibson said.

A cut-off word also isn't out of the realm of possibility, he said.

"It wouldn't be unthinkable to have a truncated word because if somebody let go of the trigger on the microphone, it might cut off their word," he said. "But it would be very unusual to find a background differential at the same time, suggesting that Malaysian authorities or whoever presented this made edits for whatever reason."

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it is in the deep water then the temperatures will be cold enough to stop decomposition. The bodies will be preserved, if creatures haven't eaten them.

If it was your loved ones missing I guarantee you'd want their bodies recovered.

Coconutz

Veteran
Just heard that around 11 people were arrested on suspicion of involvement with the missing plane .

lol they are getting desperate to talk about something

The reports "are rubbish," Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar told The Star. "This has nothing to do with the plane,"

Police believe that the militant group arrested by anti-terrorism police last week has networks in Syria and southern Philippines and was planning to send Malaysian fighters to Syria.

Police suspected that the group was recruiting foreign students via social media, Khalid said, and expected to make more arrests soon.

The Daily Mirror quoted an officer with the Counter Terrorism Division of Malaysian Special Branch as saying that the arrest of the group increased suspicion that terrorism may have been involved in the plane's disappearance.

"‘The possibility that the plane was diverted by militants is still high on the list and international investigators have asked for a comprehensive report on this new terror group," the officer was reported as saying.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
I think it was completely vapourized by a private military laser from a satellite,, they have them now, raytheon make them and are sticking them on tanks as well :D

just my opinion and it's more exciting than the other pointlessly boring ones..

And then the mystery was perfect to get everyone distracted from all the killing going on globally at the moment that our military's and gubmints are complicit in.

boats sink, planes crash.. 15000 indians die "on" trains every year,, spare a thought for them..

A neighbor of one of my friends used to be a South Korean fighter pilot, he's in his 80's now, but he's still sharp. We were talking about that plane a couple weeks ago, and he said that nobody's going to find it because it was likely hijacked. I asked "What happened to the passengers, how do you explain that?" His response was that all the pilot(s) have to do is cut off the oxygen and fly over 35,000 feet, and all the passengers will pass out and die. Kind of scary!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
The Malaysian Government is definitely conspiring to keep something hidden. What? Who knows? This reminds me of the CIA's Bin Laden Boogie Man tapes.

Voice Recording From Missing Flight MH370 Was Edited

My guess is that they weren't hiding anything other then the fact that they were trying to make it seem like they weren't hiding anything. What I mean by that is up to that point there were all these allegations from the families of the passengers that something was being hidden, that there hadn't been full disclosure. So I think the Malaysian Government edited up this recording basically creating something that was more then what they had originally so they could present it and say, "Okay we hadn't given you everything so here it is and see, we weren't hiding anything noteworthy".

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like they are implementing ideas suggested.

http://easa.europa.eu/newsroom-and-events/news/easa-publishes-new-proposals-flight-recorders-and-locating-devices

The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) today announced new proposals for flight recorders and underwater locating devices which aim at facilitating the recovery of an aircraft and of its flight recorders in the unfortunate eventuality of an accident.

The new EASA requirements include the extension of the transmission time of underwater locating devices (ULD) fitted on flight recorders from 30 days to 90 days. EASA also proposes to equip large aeroplanes overflying oceans with a new type of ULD that have longer locating range than the current flight recorders ULDs. Alternatively, aircraft may be equipped with a means to determine the location of an accident within 6 Nautical Miles accuracy. In addition, the minimum recording duration of Cockpit Voice Recorders installed on new large aeroplanes should be increased to 20 hours from two 2 hours today.

Patrick Ky, EASA Executive Director said: “The tragic flight of Malaysia Airlines MH370 demonstrates that safety can never be taken for granted. The proposed changes are expected to increase safety by facilitating the recovery of information by safety investigation authorities”.

These new requirements are included in an EASA Opinion and, when adopted by the European Commission, will apply to the operation of aeroplanes and helicopters registered in an EASA Member State.

Latest posts

Latest posts