What's new

Will swithing to 10/14 save money and speed flower?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Skrappie - Why would you not call it valid research? Because they didn't get the results they wanted? Is that how research should be carried out, it's useless unless it gives us the answers that we want? What the hell makes that a pseudostudy?

I haven't experimented with photoperiod manipulation, I don't have the space to do it, and I don't pretend that I have first hand experience. I'd love to, but I don't. That's why I go by facts and figures I can find, and not hearsay. You're free to do whatever you like with your grow though, it's your time and space.

You want your 10/14 to work so badly you're ignoring the facts. As a smoker and grower you have an opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. BACK UP WHAT YOU SAY WITH EVIDENCE. You'd have nothing more than a guess if asked the THC % of bud you smoked, you'd just say "I feel this high." Which isn't a direct correlation to amount of THC. There's a lot more to getting high than THC.

dongle69 - I'm growing a strain of a plant that is of the exact same species as hemp, but has been bread to higher potency. We're having an intelligent conversation, and we're not here to argue semantics. Grow up.

Skrappie

bounty29 said:
Skrappie
You want your 10/14 to work so badly you're ignoring the facts. As a smoker and grower you have an opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. BACK UP WHAT YOU SAY WITH EVIDENCE. You'd have nothing more than a guess if asked the THC % of bud you smoked, you'd just say "I feel this high." Which isn't a direct correlation to amount of THC. There's a lot more to getting high than THC.

friend, Please state where you got the idea that i wanted 10/14 to work. I said i tried it, moved on to 12/12 then 14/10. I don't want any of them to work. And thus far and previously stated I have seen no real difference. I seek knowledge. You seem to be highly interested in who is wrong and right, not what is.
Thank you for your time though!

full time daddy
Veteran
is it on/off OR off/on :p
I have room too test..
What would u want too see
12/12 vs 10/14
12/12 vs 14/10
10/14 vs 14/10
?????????????

Last edited:
W

Weedman Herb

Now that's dedication ... dub 00000000 is willing to help resolve the squabble with Research ... so give him your specs ...

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
If you can do a side by side, with everything the same except for the hours of light - 12/12 vs 10/14 (10 on 14 off) would probably be the best comparison, and would definitely settle this debate. Thanks for taking the time to do a side by side, it'll help a lot of people! :wave:

full time daddy
Veteran
bounty being that your the only one that answered.... and you tossed up 12/12 vs 10/14 that is what would be the easy one and what i wanted to do all go with it......the only thing that will not be the same in this side by side is the lighting hr's. for safety of the research i will do more then 1 plant but my space is limited so how's 4 plants for each side? strain will be grape ape & will be flowered from clone in 16oz cup's. what i will do is stick them around the light on the bottem of my coli something kinda like this but more openly

i have the clone cab to the left in this pic that has a empty shelf what i will do is build 2 dark rooms on that shelf everyday i will remove each plant at the 12/12,10/14 time to the flower room

at the end of the grow (65 days on 12/12) i will pick out the 2 best from each side IF there happens to be weak plants if not i will use all 4 after trim/dry i will call up the crew ( norcal icmag members ) and pass 2 sample to each ( A & B ) they will post there smoke report of each sample i personly dont smoke & there wont be enough to make food from so my only say will be on yeild/smell/looks. im just getting my mother plant's up and going so it will be 3-4 week befor i can clone what i need that will give me plenty of time to get used to the 10/14 swap & build the dark rooms for this side by side.....

Last edited:
hey 00420 will you post results in this thread or another either way let us know. i have also been pondering what if anything might change. im already adjusting to some major changes in the room so i can't really give a fair trial at the moment.

full time daddy
Veteran
no reason to open a new thread... ... just waiting on the mom to grow out to take cuts... i just topped her last night

S

slackerbri

working example

working example

Ok sweet lets see what happens by fact rather then speculation. I think in the last 2 weeks of my upcoming batch i am going to try it 10-hours on.

00420 thanks for guinneapigging yourself for the sake of research.

full time daddy
Veteran
my moms coming along.... just taking a lil longer then i thought... i should be able to take cuts next week.....

S

suckerrepellent

although you can feel confident that your product produced similar smokeability (taste, smell etc) your oral tests (what you described as try this runs buds, now try last runs buds, okay they are the same) show ZERO support for the quality and or quantity of the active chemicals in your plant. since you and the research posted are obviously testing different things (chemical breakdown vs smokeability) you shouldn't take your experience any further than bag appeal. while your plants run at ten hours may very well have been as potent to you, this may be due to the increase in production of cannabinols OTHER than what was studied in this specific case (cannabachromene i think the study says). you are by all means entitled to your opinion based on your work, but it seems that your comeback to scientific evidence is what you are able to tell by looking at your plants with the naked eye (this is from watching the back and forth between you and bounty). nothing wrong with that though, if you are able to achieve potent smoke with a good yield and aren't concerned about specific cannabinol levels (like a medical patient might be for a specific ailment) then smoking buds with less than optimal chemical ratios (or at least different than accepted norms of a given strain), or prefer herbs with higher levels of chromene, is just fine. in the end, all that matters is that you are happy with your results, and if you find something like this to make a difference in a positive way, share it with the community!

Last edited:

Chomas

Haps said:
Bounty is completely right here folks, stop wasting your time. OR. Go ahead and show us with a side by side. It is not a logical equation that less will give good results, it will give less results in one way or another. It ain't flippin magic, it is nature, all things obey their own nature.
H

yep good advice here

I use 11/13 to make sure i always get a full 12 dark hrs. and im growing haze hybrids so. ive been growing like this for 2 years now no ill effect i saw someone alot of ppl with varying cycles and what not when i first got on this site.

If we were to follow nature our light cycle would vary gradually from under 12hrs to over 12hrs to back under 12 hrs again changing every day bay a few minutes. not to mention your light hours would vary depending on where you were, or where the place youre trying to immatate is. so the question is not how many hours we should keep our flower boxes on, but what or where(i dont kno which to use) light cycle are we trying to immatate. and thats strain dependant.
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php
hope this makes sense
its 4:28,shit i missed it. im high anyway though. spark up another bong

M

Mr Stinkweed

Sorry but that table is really not very useful.....

Of interest perhaps is the fact that just yesterday my town hit that supposed magic mark... 12-12

sunrise 6:33 sunset 18:33

The trouble??? its not dark at either 6:33 nor 18:33

Maybe that adds 30 minutes of light....15 minutes on each end... its really about 30 on each end...

Since the plants in my area are picked not later than 0ct 15...

they actually never get 12-12 so Im thinking not much magic about 12-12 indoors...

but on the light end of things...

M

Mr Stinkweed

Maybe you missed my point...

I think many people think that cannabis need 12-12 to flower...

I have to grow indicas...

but my plants here in the fall are picked before they ever see a single day of what I would consider 12-12

what my plants see in the fall is much closer to 13-11 than 12-12

Bounty29 do you believe in god and if you do where is your scientific study or do you just go with what people tell you.You sound like a person who needs scientific proof to believe anything.