What's new

Will power bar lights disturb dark period?

Yeah, I don't know why but outdoor and indoor are completely diferent in that regard. Maybe it's the regular moon cycles imprinting on the plant's growth. Maybe it just gets used to it. All I know is I used to not care about light leaks much in a closet. I had a lot of hermies. I now grow clones from those same strains with no hermies and I care a lot about light leaks indoors. I cover those bad boys up. The AC backlit screen was the worst, super bright blue screen.

S

staff11

I don't know. I am torn on this because years ago when I grew in a closet, I had light leaks all over and never saw a hermie. I have seen them since with zero light leaks, I just think it has more to due with the genetics of the plant then a bit of light leaking.

But why risk it if you can avoid by applying some tape in 10 seconds?

Yeah, put some tape over the lights, or move the powerbar out of the grow area:

I also used to be of the opinion that as the moon shines down on the plants outside, then a little light will do no harm... But now I realise that it's not particularly natural for a plant to flower to a full term with no pollination or "back-up" reproductive plan. For the finest sensimellia, cut out all of the light leaks!

GanjaPharma

i too got a cluster of nanners all around a powerbar. the other plants in the room were unaffected, even the plants with nanners just had em within inches of the power switch.