What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will Icmag give IP info to foreign governments?

IMO only here:
if you have big op, like special big op in the 1000's numbers and you live in a iilegal country it may be better to use a VPN.
you also need to assume that the question is not "will icmag give my IP" but "will the gov willing to spend enough time to access my IP". because the gov can probably get your IP and correlate your trafic to it over pretty much anything without too much effort if you are just browsing normally. getting it through icmag is even harder because court need to be involved while they can just ask your local ISP to check who accessed "icmag.com" in a specific time range and from here work it out. no court, easier.
but even this I doubt they will do unless you are actually a "big fish" to catch.

overall, a VPN won't hurt and does not cost much (if any, there are free also).
and if you are running some big operations, VPN is a must.

Hasselhoff1337

IMO only here:
if you have big op, like special big op in the 1000's numbers and you live in a iilegal country it may be better to use a VPN.
you also need to assume that the question is not "will icmag give my IP" but "will the gov willing to spend enough time to access my IP". because the gov can probably get your IP and correlate your trafic to it over pretty much anything without too much effort if you are just browsing normally. getting it through icmag is even harder because court need to be involved while they can just ask your local ISP to check who accessed "icmag.com" in a specific time range and from here work it out. no court, easier.
but even this I doubt they will do unless you are actually a "big fish" to catch.

overall, a VPN won't hurt and does not cost much (if any, there are free also).
and if you are running some big operations, VPN is a must.
Thanks for an informing reply man!

No big ops here dude. I smoke like a gram a month (got a kid and a demanding job so there really isnt much time to). This year I got 4 plants somewhere in deep dark forest of Sweden haha :).

I’ll get a VPN as I need it anyway since I travel a lot and want to access my swedish shit. Too late now I guess for security as I’ve already posted a bit. Wouldnt surprise me if the fuckers track me via the ISP, but honestly they’ll never find more weed than what equals a fine in penalty so if it comes to it it wont be the end of the world.

Peace out!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All pictures are stripped of their EXif data when uploaded.

I use a VPN but it's not because of cannabis sites. ICMAG doesn't collect our data and sell it..

Google or any search engine site collects your data and can sell it. They know where you go and what you are looking at on the net. It's how they tailor ads to you right after searching for an item or visiting websites. I prefer more privacy. We are losing more of that every year. Using a VPN is the only way to help us be anonymous.

Ca++

Our supreme leader is Gypsy Nirvana. He has been in foreign jails, and has had foreign governments try to extradite him for cannabis trade.
They are not even going to ask.

You shouldn't rely on other people to secure your safety. The story of overgrow, and how the police took the servers away from the host, are a good reminder. You should think about connecting to the server without it knowing who you are. Perhaps a vpn in a country that has no connections to yours. No extradition treaties or customs unions. No reason to grass you up. Then don't post warehouses full, along with a nationality. Then it's nobodies business to find you. Ultimately, you could be telling me it's legal where you are, and nobody has reason to see if you are pretending.

If you really feel the need to show us your illegal warehouses full, in a country that wants to cut your hands off, then get a pre-pay mobile phone for your internet connection. Covid masks and an eye patch to buy them. Only connect away from home, where there are few masts to triangulate. Away from cameras. Like a terrorist, if you feel that's how bad it is.

NEED 4 SEED

All pictures are stripped of their EXif data when uploaded.

I use a VPN but it's not because of cannabis sites. ICMAG doesn't collect our data and sell it..

Google or any search engine site collects your data and can sell it. They know where you go and what you are looking at on the net. It's how they tailor ads to you right after searching for an item or visiting websites. I prefer more privacy. We are losing more of that every year. Using a VPN is the only way to help us be anonymous.
No, they aren't. I made a thread about it under Website Support. The tags are still there for everyone to see under Media data view. Icmag deletes only the tags from downloaded pics.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, they aren't. I made a thread about it under Website Support. The tags are still there for everyone to see under Media data view. Icmag deletes only the tags from downloaded pics.
Here is a link to check extensive Exif data. All that info left is perfectly fine.

I just re-checked this. I guess I should have been more clear lol. No info about your location/User is kept. We are talking about personal security.. Standard camera info/settings there is no need to remove them. Only the location/personal info is stripped. There's nothing in them that shows any personal info.
To clarify, All the personal/location EXIF data is stripped. If anyone is concerned about their camera settings showing you can clear that data on your own.

If you save a pic from this site This is what you will see in Exif viewers.. The author will be removed
Project1.png

Here are 2 random pics. 1 is an old upload of mine. I do not remove Exif data before uploading. You can see there is no info to ID the person. All location/personal data is stripped if there is any.

Project1.png
Project2.png

Last edited:

Ca++

I can't see where you got them pics from @Hammerhead But I get more info from your album snaps than you are seeing. Just camera type and setup stuff though. It seems your camera doesn't have gps info.

Duck Duck Go will search without building a history about you. Sometimes you wish it did though.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My camera/Cell GPS settings are turned off. If I left GPS on in my camera it will be stripped after uploading. No personal info will show in any pic uploaded. Camera settings and image info are perfectly fine to show.. Ive checked a bunch of images. The images I checked are in posted threads. No personal data is left intact. Unless admin has changed something it's always been this way.

Ca++

I use a thing called exifpurge.exe
You point it at pics you want to strip, and at a folder to put the stripped copies into. Essentially I move my pics from my phone, using a data cable. They go in folder1, where exifpurge gets a copy of them from, to strip, and deposit in my 420 folder. From there I upload.

To be on the ball, you need to not use the camera elsewhere. Or, have a program that checks for pixel drops. I'm not sure if one exists, but like your TV, they drop out. Which can become a signature on your pics, if whoever is looking for you, uses a web crawler. At a certain point, you have to wonder just how much they want you though, and it using the web is a good idea if it's actually that bad :)

When the OG servers were grabbed, a lot of people were worried. It doesn't seem like anyone got a visit for just posting there though, and the police had that evidence in hand.
In the next county, the police don't bust houses unless they are a nuisance. It's just not worth the expense. They don't even write a "we know what your doing" letter, to sound them out. Police forces have budgets, and crime types that need reduction. In my county, they wait till they have a few really obvious growers, who are causing problems for neighbours. Then hit about 5 in a day. Newspapers showing 5 busts a day in my city, make it seem like it's every day. The courts like this to, as it's nice to have similar cases. Each will get a similar, and strict outcome. It's about the message. 5 a day, each getting nailed to a cross. It's news worthy. While the accidental busts can get more leniency, as the press are not being fed those stories. It's not cheap to jail someone, and it's not a crime in most peoples eyes. So it's generally ass holes getting jailed to send a message, while students get laughed at.

They are not finding people online, to waste money on. Not unless it's serious