What's new

Will I yield at least an OZ with this plan?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I actually did try it first with a fan like that, and it didn't work. All it did was blow the hot air from the bulb all around the chamber. That was on low speed, too.

But I don't want to hijack stillanoob's thread. I just wanted to chime in and say that this is a good idea, and I am doing practically the same thing right now, too. If anyone wants to they can see what little bit of a thread I have about this cabinet here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=252375&page=4

That Looks awesome Hush, the only thing I think that it needs is either flat white walls, or some mylar, then you can get every last bit of light that you can out of the setup. Looks great so far can't wait to see the end result. I love interesting micro ideas like this.

S

stillanoob

I actually did try it first with a fan like that, and it didn't work. All it did was blow the hot air from the bulb all around the chamber. That was on low speed, too.

But I don't want to hijack stillanoob's thread. I just wanted to chime in and say that this is a good idea, and I am doing practically the same thing right now, too. If anyone wants to they can see what little bit of a thread I have about this cabinet here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=252375&page=4

it looks like your light and cooltube is suspended in mid air? Is the cooltube attached (taped) directly to a PC fan or something?

G

gloryoskie

So, what is PLL? And 16oz containers? Isn't that a bit small?

Here's a recent grow.

picture.php

The Indica buds on the right, with the orange hairs, were in 16 oz cups. The other plants were a Thunk and Zamaldelica.

The Zamaldelica was also flowered in a 16 oz cup while the Thunk was in a 32 oz cup. All plants grown from cuttings vegged a few days +/- after full rooting according to their sweet spot.

Total yield for those 4 plants was around 48 grams, but the finished times were staggered, my sats flower around 120-130 days while the indicas only take around 70 days.

You can just kind of see the PLL's up top.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
it looks like your light and cooltube is suspended in mid air? Is the cooltube attached (taped) directly to a PC fan or something?

No, but that's not a bad idea! I'll remember that for future ideas... No, basically I have a Dayton blower that is pulling through a bunch of passive intakes on its way through the different chambers. The cool tube is the last of those passive intakes before it goes up to the last compartment where the blower blows it all out the back.

But the cool tube is not the only place where air passes through... There are 2 more holes up there that I am experimenting with, to find out how much area is needed for the passive intakes.

So far I have it dialed in for this fan, and the right side of the cabinet sectioned off. But this fan doesn't cut it when I open the passive intakes on the right side. So I am going to upgrade to a 4" inline fan that can handle the static pressure of all the various chambers. There will ultimately be a carbon filter where the fan is, too.

But if this works the way I want it to, I can envision doing this in a very small night stand sized cabinet, one chamber, using 1 computer fan and a carbon sandwich style filter, a cheap ass 125w CFL in a DIY cool tube, vertical style, 4 plants surrounding it, and probably getting at minimum a half ounce per plant, probably more.

I'm at a point where I just want it to be cheap, easy, and productive. I've already proven to myself that I can do the difficult shit. I'm married now and want to do family things. I won't sacrifice quality either, though, so I have to go through this mad scientist experiment phase to see what works and what doesn't.

I still think fluorescents are the future of productive indoor family farming. They are just highly efficient.