What's new

Will Cannabis Sex under 24hrs

Aaront596

Hi guys I tried googling this and it was kind of a nightmare for whatever reason. I'd rather ask it here anyway. Will cannabis reveal its sex while under 24 hour light? I don't mean like DNA testing or anything crazy, I mean can I look at it and see the pre flowers and such, or does the plant need to be in flowering conditions like 12 hour light and dark before it does that? Thanks ahead of time I appreciate it!

Dime

It depends on the plant. It can because it's unnaturally stressing it and that can make some plants flower, especially males. I have varieties that show sex early but only show pre-flowers at 18/6 and I think that cycle is optimum because they won't be as sensitive to changes and it still gives you a 6 hour buffer if you need to increase duration . JMO

Aaront596

It depends on the plant. It can because it's unnaturally stressing it and that can make some plants flower, especially males. I have varieties that show sex early but only show pre-flowers at 18/6 and I think that cycle is optimum because they won't be as sensitive to changes and it still gives you a 6 hour buffer if you need to increase duration . JMO
Thank you!

TomRonakLCC

From what I've learned in my own journey with cannabis cultivation, the plants usually start revealing their sex during the pre-flower stage, regardless of the light cycle they're under.
I remember the first time I noticed those tiny buds forming—it was like spotting a hidden treasure in my garden. And let me tell you, it's a pretty exciting moment for any aspiring cannabis grower.
But hey, if you're still on the hunt for more info, I've got a little nugget of wisdom to share. There's this post about Indica vs Sativa that I stumbled upon recently, and let me tell you, it's a game-changer. It's packed with insights that can answer a ton of questions, including yours about cannabis sex under different light conditions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts