What's new

Will California Vote to Legalize in November 2010?!

Will California Vote to Legalize in November 2010?!

• Cali Resident: YES!

Votes: 76 22.1%
  • Cali Resident: NO!

Votes: 55 16.0%
  • Cali Resident: Undecided

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Non Resident: Yes

Votes: 169 49.1%
  • Non Resident: No

Votes: 17 4.9%
  • Will be too stoned, unregistered or busy trimming.

Votes: 20 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Cooley finishes tearing down the mmj legal precedents, I won't feel sorry for those that end up in jail that voted no on 19. If it is your 3rd strike, he'll make sure your stay is a long one.

nomaad

Veteran
I think that it was less about people voting no and more about people not voting at all. Almost everybody I know who voted, voted for prop 19. But I know a lot of people who abstained for reasons ranging from political to logistical.

And according to the exit polls, old people voted against it pretty heavily.

It only cost a million dollars to put this on the ballot. I don;t doubt we'll be revisiting this... possibly as soon as 2012.

NorCal530

When Cooley finishes tearing down the mmj legal precedents, I won't feel sorry for those that end up in jail that voted no on 19. If it is your 3rd strike, he'll make sure your stay is a long one.
Steve Cooley being elected is a much bigger deal for marijuana users than prop. 19 failing...

C

Chamba

Grow your own... that's how freedom occurs anyway.

"freedom"?

it ain't freedom if you can & will be handcuffed for doing it.

Gutted, and I don't even live there.

me too...and I'm totally and utterly gutted...I wonder if it take another 35 years for another Proposition on Cannabis to get on a ballot?

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran

You're ill-informed. State can't do anything to MMJ, only federal. Any body who's going to be targeted by the state better be smart enough to have a good lawyer already. If you're running a co-op, dispensery or are a large producer, Cooley will come after you. But if you have a good lawyer and you're within state law, he can't do anything.

Fear mongering out of anger. G/l in life sir, you'll need it.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Cooley said Prop 19 would grant the civil right to be high at work. That probably scared hella parents.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
You're ill-informed. State can't do anything to MMJ, only federal. Any body who's going to be targeted by the state better be smart enough to have a good lawyer already. If you're running a co-op, dispensery or are a large producer, Cooley will come after you. But if you have a good lawyer and you're within state law, he can't do anything.

Fear mongering out of anger. G/l in life sir, you'll need it.

So, after he tries and fails...you won't mind the 20 grand you spent in legal fees to fight it, right??

Mr Celsius

Veteran
So, after he tries and fails...you won't mind the 20 grand you spent in legal fees to fight it, right??

Nah, wanna know why? Cause weed is pseudo legal and if you're any of the above that I listed, 20 grand is a drop in the bucket. 5 pounds of premium weed in So Cal? Please... nice try though.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Nah, wanna know why? Cause weed is pseudo legal and if you're any of the above that I listed, 20 grand is a drop in the bucket. 5 pounds of premium weed in So Cal? Please... nice try though.

You are young...and you have it good enough that 20 grand is nothing to you?? Yeah, right-- I don't believe you--

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
ok I cheated my vote does not count, results are unfortunantly in

The young came out to support what the old and ignorant shut down. Fuck when are the old dumb bastards gonna knock off? no seriously how long do we have to wait.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
You are young...and you have it good enough that 20 grand is nothing to you?? Yeah, right-- I don't believe you--

Nah, see you got it twisted.

I'm smart because I'm young and have a realistic business sense.

You view your business as: I do something and something "unexpectedly" bad happens and now you gotta come up with the money.

I'm smart: I factor in the legal factor into profits vs costs. 20 grand isn't "nothing", but its something I realize is necessary if you're going to be doing the scale of what I said previously. If you're that big, factoring 5 pounds over multiple harvests into your legal safety net is just smart. So you harvested 100 pounds, 6 of those pounds (one harvest) goes towards your infinite legal defense; to greedy or stupid to use it?

Does your "collective", with your 6000sqft greenhouse have a lawyer on retainer? Well, if you don't... you reap what you sow.

ADDERALL

1253885876_suicide.gif

What happened yesterday? Not one, but all marijuana initiatives failed in states that had them.

Yep, Those people that oppose MJ reform are all jumping in joy around the U.S right now...... They clearly see this as a HUGE win, and also think the American peole have spoken and DO NOT want anymore reform.....

Oh well, it was a cool idea.

Sad day for sure.

E

elmanito

Well actually marijuana is almost legal in Cali since Schwarzenegger approved legislation downgrading possession of an ounce or less from a misdemeanor to an infraction last October 2th.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

A

Aeronoob

No, california will not, And since it looks like callifornia has set the public word for how they view marijuana....don't think the laws wont progress backwards and their line of fire will be, well...people of this state voted obviously that they do not want marijuana to be apart of it. All those profiteers will be weeping once the rules and regulations get outta controll and progress starts heading backwards. now that this bill hit the shitter. only thing to do in 2012 is go tot he collages and high schools and get every one to register and vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.