What's new

will 4 hours of direct sunlight be enough?

bunchtoker

sorry for the silly question. I was going to grow white widow and master kush outdoors. I have a couple of plants that is going to get sun all day. But i found a natural clearing where the sunlight will be hitting the plants around 4 hours per day. Would this be alright? I know they really need more but im limited on space. I also have 4 way, early misty, adventure mix, whos y daddy, pure power plant. Would any of these strains be better to put in that spot where it only gets 4 hours of light a day?

wolfshadow

4 hours of sunlight

4 hours of sunlight

If its at all possible to clear a lil more brush so they can get more than 4 hrs a day would be great.

Definately need MORE than 4 hrs though.
Good luck..
<ws>

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I've grow outside in pots where there was limited lighting due to overgrown trees and bushes and the results were very good. I had to keep moving the darn plants every couple of hours but it worked just fine. I would try to get them at least six hours of direct sunlight a day if possible, otherwise the size of your plants might be stunted. Good luck with your grow. :friends:

badmf

As KGB47 says 6hrs. is optimal, you will need to also consider the angle of the sun in fall, it will be quite different than summer! I would either find a new location or crop a few choice branches, the work would be worth to extra yeild, imo. Remember to have a water source for hotter months too.

SuperToker

you can always hang 5 gal buckets in the top of the tree so you can get far more light. or cut some tree's, etc. or just find a new place. 4 hours is not too bad, they will grow, just won't be giant.

:)

tokinjoe

I have a small clearing like the one you describe. Every year I have an extra plant or two and put them in there. They only get about 4 or 5 hours sunlight but what the hell, I usually get an ounce I wouldn't have had otherwise. I definately would not that make my primary spot and if you do, don't expect a lot. Good luck. Peace. :canabis:

Bunch, 4 hours'll make your babies veg longer, flower way to soon, and you'll get a crapy yield come harvest. Might not even grow. I've never tried it. But mericles happen. Got to work with what you got. Got for it. :wink: .

Latest posts

Latest posts