What's new

Will 2014 be the END of the KUSH CRAZE

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Just a little observation here......... Sk#1 and NL were the backbone and staple to many modern hybrids we smoke today. Give it another 10 years and kushes and diesels will be the backbone of the hybrids we grow. When sk#1 and Nl appeared on the scene, they were the best smokes of their time, and everybody used them to breed with. Now we have kush and diesel's, and everyone breeds with them. Sometimes I think it's not so much the name that encourages breeding......it's the plant itself and the high. When you smoke some og or chem or diesel and it's the best tasting/best high you ever had, why wouldn't you wanna make a cross with it? I've grown lots and lots of strains and a good kush/chem/diesel cannot be beat. Hate on me all you want.......it's how I see things. (remember when g-13 was all the rage, same thing).

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Give it another 10 years and kushes and diesels will be the backbone of the hybrids we grow.

I don't think we have to wait 10 more years for that lol.

I hope were all smoking something else in 10 years, because things would get pretty boring.

Too much of a good thing....

I'd take my Schrom cut any day over chem or diesel.

45th

If legalization continues to spread there will be many new good varieties done by amateur breeders...not to say it isn't happening now, I just have to believe there will be a rush to have individual strains that grow better by climate and availability.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I fully agree Chefboy.

I was lucky enough to acquire NYCD and SD cuts years ago. They are both awesome but not nearly the best in my mother room. Back in the 90's we grew blueberry to death. Now I miss it lol. But when session puffing the diesels are fine. If we wanna get properly high I reach for other things. Federations Cotton Candy for example blows any "Kush" outta the water. Won't even get into Malawi.

To each their own. I don't care what people like, as long as I can get genetics that are not muddled by OGcookiedieselfaceoffsfv2.8bx19. Breeders, I use the term lightly because I could chuck pollen on my SD and give it a wonky name, are making a living off the OG hype. So I don't see it going away.

So if grown in Colorado how is something an OG?? Where's the ocean at? Lol

30years

in a word, no. kush is here to stay and no slow down in sales here in cali. when you run a dispensary it lets you see how fast products move in relation to other products. the cash register does not lie. kush and cookies still move at about 20x the velocity of any other strain. it doesnt mean other strains dont sell its just they do not sell at the same pace. when i see it slow down ill know its drawing to a close but its not, at all.

30years

as a side note what i see is a huge number of people are an some sort of opiate in legal form. kush is the only type of cannabis that seems to get them the effect they want. when the us population gets off the heavy dope maybe then we will see a sativa or mild indica resurgence. im not saying those are not popular or good or anything negative at all. im just saying that when you factor in the users pre existing drug dependance and tolerance you can see why kush is moving at 20x any other strain on the table.
the opinion part of this is the opiate relationship. the factual part is the 20x rate of velocity in sales when viewing the cash register in a legal dispensary.

RoadRash

I didn't buy any seeds for a while and didn't get any Kush from dispensary clones.

So for me 2014 is the beginning of the Kush craze - well, maybe. From the sound of it, more like, PROBABLY.

I've got Silver Kush and Green Crack going, both of them Kush-y.

My 10 month fast is about to come to an end. My brain definitely functions better WITH cannabis. Silver Kush is in the other room, a little raggedy, got some seeds, can't wait to dry her out and powder the buds and smoke 'em. But ... patience :peacock:

Latest posts

Latest posts