What's new

wild parrots

supermanlives

Veteran
here in sd we have wild parrots but they have never stopped and said hi. i have been waiting for a red tailed hawk that has been killing the wild birds i feed. 3 this month i seen. well anayways i had only the 400 on the camera so these aint super closups. cool just the same. these 2 were playing with each other for about 10 min the rest were hidden in foliage squacking there ass off LOL

supermanlives

Veteran
i dont know for sure but was told they are green parrots. maybe if they come back i will have time to put a lense bigger than the 400 on the camera

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
I think they are the same thing.

Green Macaw (This picture is screaming for a caption)
7022624-md.jpg

Green Parrot
Green-Parrot-1.jpg

smokefrogg

Veteran
these things run rampant around pasadena/altadena area

had family spending the night once, the little girl was scared when they started going crazy causing a ruckus as they often do at about 5am haha. it used to piss my dog off, he'd be trying to sleep and you could just tell by his looks whenever they'd get all loud and squawky that it was really annoying him greatly haha

smokefrogg

Veteran
the pasadena area parrots are the result of a pet store fire long ago, wonder where the san diego ones came from?

p.s. This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 18 seconds.

Sundance

They look like Conures

Perhaps Red Headed Conures ? ... or Cherry Headed Conures ?

Much smaller than a Macaw ... and smaller than an Amazon

Sadly some people who own exotic species are just not capable or prepared to take proper and correct care - and do stupid things ... like walk around outdoors with birds on their shoulders thinking that if the birds wings are clipped they cant fly away - wrong ... they can fly ... or some people cant or simply dont want to take care - and release them into the wild

Own a pet is a huge " Lifetime " responsibility

To not take proper and correct care - is not only irresponsible - its sad ... and in some cases criminal

supermanlives

Veteran
i had a macaw when i lived in the keys. it fell in love with the old lady and started to attack me when she was around. when i left it stayed with her. these are definately smaller and are the same size as the flock that has been cruising by for years. they just never stopped and i never got a chance to get a picture of em before.

supermanlives

Veteran
They look like Conures

Perhaps Red Headed Conures ? ... or Cherry Headed Conures ?

Much smaller than a Macaw ... and smaller than an Amazon

Sadly some people who own exotic species are just not capable or prepared to take proper and correct care - and do stupid things ... like walk around outdoors with birds on their shoulders thinking that if the birds wings are clipped they cant fly away - wrong ... they can fly ... or some people cant or simply dont want to take care - and release them into the wild

Own a pet is a huge " Lifetime " responsibility

To not take proper and correct care - is not only irresponsible - its sad ... and in some cases criminal
when i lived in the keys there were a few of the taller trees
that the escapiees would gather at . the owners were either trying to climb up or calling their birds frantically. some adapted and never became pets again. alot got eaten by predatory birds. i will admit my macaw got out once, my other bird has gotten out 3 times and avoided a hawk 2 of the times you think he would learn LOL i have never had a snake ,dog or iguana escape tho

supermanlives

Veteran
it was funny for a while. the bird would chase me out of bed with her . then he would bury his head in her armipit and bob up and down like he was doing her. then he got worse and really got me a few times.i dont miss either of em but it was fun for a while with both. and i hope they are both happy. lol

hard to tell with the pic quality, but my geuss is its a red headed amazon. My neigbor use to wn a yellow headed one untill it dies at the age of 93.

amazon-mexican-red-head-2.jpg