What's new

Wiggle Wire vs Tube Lock

mister c

Anyone with experience with wiggle wire and tube lock system for poly shed any light on which one is easier to work with? Always used the clamps that look like a piece of pvc cut like a halfpipe.

Also which one will pull tighter?

Thank you in advance

blotter

I have a bunch of this for some greenhouses I tore down last spring from a nursery going out of business

g6kwI3I.jpg

looking at that AgraTech link I'm guessing I'm missing the other half? or it fits together with itself? I'll go try that. any advice for what direction I should go if that's not how it work would be appreciated. I was picturing a gasket of sorts, but I guess that is the purpose of the wiggle wire. Time to figure out how many ft I would need of that for a 30x42 and 36x20..

blotter

I guess I can't edit posts, but it looks like wiggle wire would go down the center of of that piece of metal. Are there any alternatives I should look into considering I have all of the metal I need? I have seen rubber seals in a greenhouse magazine. The space between the ends of each of those "U"s are 1/4" apart. So.. wiggle wire or a rubber gasket or sorts?

blotter

Sorry for the spam. Here is the other spring lock base

791GlSo.jpg

wiggle wire would work for both, so I think I'm going to go that route. But some sort of clip seems like it would be much easier to work with. I would need about 400 ft of wiggle wire for both of these greenhouses so I'm not wanting to mess this up.

Since I doubt my order will be processed this weekend I'm going to wait until Monday. If anyone can help me with any of this rambling I would be eternally grateful. I'm in a high wind area so ideally I want whatever is going to hold best.

Thanks in advance from a dude who just quit his job and is trying to grow produce/buds for sustenance

Daniel Monk

Yes the AgraLock is the other half in the picture from that link. It is a bit more expensive, but it is very easy to work with, pulls tighter, and it lasts much longer that wiggle. Try to get PVC coated wiggle wire. It will have a longer life and will be less harsh on your cover. Here is a little blog post from Bright Agrotech confirming that their wiggle wire survived in extreme high wind weather conditions.

http://blog.brightagrotech.com/wiggle-wire-double-layer-greenhouses/

Latest posts

Latest posts