What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whys a minivan take only 24 hours to build but they cost like 30k?

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
somebody has to pay for the parts, labor, transport, profit margins, cost to manufacture, facilities, sales venue, etc.......

heard they're cheaper used......

bought a 2 year old minivan light miles in great shape for 10k, originally listed for 35k. i love minivans, cops dont pull you over.

R

randude101

Jet Engines are $5,000,000 and the 737 has two. (747 has 4)

Everything cost more now. Lots of union labor making parts that have to meet FAA specs. Everyone expects to get paid. The union workers at Boeing that sweep the factory floors get $25 per hour. Same at Detroit. That was part of all of the uproar with the government auto bail out... The Republicans thought the execs needed to get their bonuses and the Democrats felt that the guys sweeping should get $25 per hour. I am all for everyone getting paid, but please, inflation is ridiculous.

I bought a couple of bottles of water in Chicago on a hot day and they were $4.00 each. Since I had 2 it was $8 and the lady was sort of hinting at me putting someting in her tip jar (as-if).

ddrew

Veteran
And why is it that 90% of the time the person driving it is fat as hell, and usually a woman? Understand the woman part(moms car) but why do they all have to be 2 bills +?

HairlessCaveApe

Jet Engines are $5,000,000 and the 737 has two. (747 has 4)

Everything cost more now. Lots of union labor making parts that have to meet FAA specs. Everyone expects to get paid. The union workers at Boeing that sweep the factory floors get $25 per hour. Same at Detroit. That was part of all of the uproar with the government auto bail out... The Republicans thought the execs needed to get their bonuses and the Democrats felt that the guys sweeping should get $25 per hour. I am all for everyone getting paid, but please, inflation is ridiculous.

I bought a couple of bottles of water in Chicago on a hot day and they were $4.00 each. Since I had 2 it was $8 and the lady was sort of hinting at me putting someting in her tip jar (as-if).

Yea its just fukkin crazy. Greeds the only thing I can come up with to account for this kinda thing.

Yummybud

Veteran
well doesn't it take a lot of time and money to design the car? engines transmissions, electrical systems, fuel systems etc all have to be engineered and tested to peform and last. all the time put into designing a car is what costs.

and although it may take 24 hours to put the car together it takes much longer to build every part from scratch (moulding metal for the engine block body etc).

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you guys never heard of "overhead"?
shit costs money to build em, pass the buck to the customer.
gotta pump those cars out fast to make profit.
if it took 48 hrs to build the car, you'd be paying 60k for the van.

Original

Everything is the same, weed for example (following topic lol) is not all that hard to produce. Yet people pay good money for it, excessively in my eyes. I wonder if the equivalent mass of a 737 in buds would be 40m?

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Do you notice all the small foreign cars on the road nowadays? People will remember 2009 as the year the minivan officially died. Hopefully the SUV will follow shortly.

Latest posts

Latest posts