What's new

Why you should NOT tell anyone..

imadoofus

Veteran
friends are people you can count on to let you down.

even though the pacifist route is typically my direction, had anyone messed with my girls- shit... game over, son.

G

greenmatter

STOP POSTING THIS SHIT !!!!!!!! (so none of us can be called as witnesses) and start trying to get your friends picture on a f*#ckin' milk carton ... good luck brother !!

HighDesertJoe

COME ON PEOPLE NOW
Veteran
Your room mates were Dicks. You can never be to careful growing Weed. Nothing Fucks a

grow up faster then a Domestic dispute. If your going to give someone a Beating have no

witnesses and don't Kill them.

I've seen Judge Judy rule in favor of a plaintiff who was suing his room mate for stealing
his Medical Pot.

Think about it..hehehe

Good Luck

D

Duplicate

I calmed down and told him I didn't know it was a pot plant and we just thought it was really pretty.
He believed that?! lol Who doesn't know what a marijuana leaf looks like? He didn't even wonder where you got it? Why didn't he wonder why you were flipping out over what you claim you thought was a nice houseplant?

I'm sure there is just much more to the story than can be typed but I'm just curious. Regardless, cool story. =D

MJBadger

Veteran
I just hate when people get taken advantage of, been there done that. Now I pick my friends more wisely.

Just remember success is the best revenge!

Very wise words , true friends are those you can trust to be loyal to you & help if a problem occurs knowing you will return that friendship . You`re out of their way now so make the best of it & look after your lady .

Wish you well & good luck .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no roomates allowed. Only friends with benifits alowed. I always see this happen. Do not get involved with people that are not like minded as you are. As soon as he freaked about the lights I would have been gone the next day. Always keep emergency cash you will need it .

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
im amazed on what people will let other people do to them.... Take get your plants out of there and take care of his ass for real one time... thats what id do anyways... You let people walk on ya and theyll never stop...

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Sorry you lost some genetics but glad you got out of there.... lesson learned right ... no roomates.

imadoofus

Veteran
poopy is correct. you teach people how to treat you.

still in disbelief over them destroying your plants... thats a no-no. once had a ex trash 60 just rooted ak47s clones. let it ride for 2 years, then i caught her sleeping. removed the lug nuts from ALL HER WHEELS off her brand new car.

little did she know, she was fucking with a ninja.

peace, bitch ; )

dustin27

Veteran
So many responses! Damn. I'll probably come back and try to address each comment individually. Thanks for all the positive support. Yes I made some mistakes. Yes I learned alot. Thats life.

Im very passive, and dont enjoy fighting. Some of you may have guessed, I am young. But I think I can safely say I'm on the mature end of the spectrum for my age. From managing my diabetes for 15 years, I feel that I had alot more responsibilities than any regular kid growing up. You are Correct in saying drama comes with young couples. Damn. I also have a problem letting people walk all over me. I'm working on that. You all fucking rock, and Im very glad I can come here, share my experiences, and not get too much crap, albeit well deserved.

Shit happens. All the genetics I lost I'm sure can be found again. It fucked my plans of testing phenos for round two, but on the positive side, I can start some new seeds that have been chilling for a while.

The past is the past, theres nothing I can do now, but look to the future with hope. Things are looking good. No more contact with the wretched garden wreckers. Getting the new room set up, got the plants that werent destroyed ready to flower, and then massive cloning for the next NEXT run. The future holds many adventures of growing, and I cant wait.

hiker

Dustin, just be glad they are gone. It all sucks, but in the long run, its better to walk away, and know that you did the right thing. Hope your new grow goes better, keep it quiet and to yourself and I hope your New Year is better. Great attitude you have for being young, usally takes a long time to learn about the past ,future and life in general. Good Luck:ying:

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
2 very important life lessons you learned in record time.....

1) Never grow in an apartment where anyone other than you and your S/O are living...even a s/o can be trouble

2) It is best to "pay" that $150 that you lost on that car to be rid of someone who obviously has no interest in your well being. A Person like that is no good, and can not be trusted. $150 for getting rid of human trash is cheap. You got off lite on that one.

Your new apartment should be tits. Enjoy!

dustin27

Veteran
Everything will be good. The new place is actually a 2 BR mobile out in the country, and the landlord is a young contractor that travels between here and Cali; he has alot of tattoos and is really chill, but I dont know his stance on cannabis yet. My girl and I get along great, and fully supports my love of cannabis. We have been together almost 2 years and have been living together a year.

Again thanks for the kind words and support everyone! You all make this a great forum.

mtbazz

No offense or disrespect intended, but your just associating with the wrong crowd man, and your way to nice (i.e. allowing someone to make payments on a car).

I learned long ago that if you give a "friend" an inch, they will take a yard, if you start loaning people money, they will keep coming back for more. In other words, 99% of the people, no matter how much of a friend you or they think they are, will take advantage of you.

Over the years Ive slowly but surely cut the dead weight out of my life, this goes for all the borrowers that never return things, all the people that eat my food and drink my beer but don't reciprocate, and other leeches. Im a better man for it!

I think the moral of the story is if things go south with a roommate, TAKE THE PLANTS FIRST. That's what we did on a previous grow when we started getting together. Hubby and roomie had been growing together for years. Roomie NEVER helped, would get drunk and brag about growing at bars, and would chop off immature pieces of pot to smoke throughout flowering. We waited until he was out of town and moved all the veg and small flowering plants to a new grow op in another state in lamp boxes. Lamp boxes are growers' friends, don't forget it! I, BY MYSELF, moved 6-8 large flowering plants. I took two black plastic bags, bagged the top and the bottom and brought the bags together in the middle, cradled them over my neck as a moved them, carefully laid them flat in the back of my suv, and moved them in the middle of the night to a second temporary location in another city. None of them were damaged, they all survived, finished flowering, and gave us a bunch of pot. It CAN be done. It sucks, and you have to steel yourself for a lot of physical labor and a lot of lack of sleep, but you CAN move a grow.

And in a situation like the one the OP stated, the PLANTS MOVE FIRST. Better yet, lamp box those plants, grab everything else in one fell swoop and get the hell out.

dustin27

Veteran
damn man. That would be a difficult move. I'll tell you what single-handedly made my move easy on my vegging plants; scrog screens. I timed it that I had harvested all flowering plants, albiet some a few weeks early. But the vegging plants I attached modular scrog screens, and wrapped them in black garbage bags and threw em in the back seat of the car.

tequila_sunrise

burn their car? LOL. Popping tires has crossed my mind, however... :)

think about it this way, you never have to see them again... that is reward enough right now.

If they come back and start shit then I would say a firm reminder of their position would be in order.