What's new

Why no real Colombian IBLs around?

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I hope I'm not out of line for posting F2s in an IBL thread."

If "pure", they aren´t f2,just fn+1...(further inbred) :D

Here are some colombian "cripi" from seeds straight from Cali.The growers are newbies and they are growing many plants in a very small spot (typical) :D-
These pics were taken last July 13th:I talked with the guys a couple weeks ago and most of the plants were over 2.5 meters (8 ft) tall.

GetAttachment72.jpg

GetAttachment9.jpg

GetAttachment10.jpg

GetAttachment5.jpg

GetAttachment82.jpg

4 Dragons

Raco mi amigo,

Do you have any more of that Colombian Red? Mine met with some bad circumstances :(

Such a beautiful plant and a high like no other.

D

Dalaihempy

C21H30O2 said:
4 months flowering ha.. thats nothing Columbian black can flower/veg (12/12 or close flowering spectrum) for over a year before it even starts flowering... a product of an extremely stable environment. they are impractical for an indoor commercial grower but more than worth it for the personal stash... just make sure you have something to smoke during the wait.

Hi C21H30O2 there is no cannabis plant/strain on this planet that takes a year to sex/start flowering so who ever told you that a Colombian line takes a year to start to sex is wrong.

I miss the old Colombian lines the red was populla here in the 70s and erly 80s as was the green or gold last time i smoked Colombian was in 2003 i think mates uncle and grow partner whos in his 70s grew out the same line for 30 years rember them well.

Spangli

BSC Colombian Gold

BSC Colombian Gold

She was 5 weeks into bloom when these pictures were taken.
Now she is in the 18th week and seems to go well over 20 weeks.
So the pure lines are still there just gotta know the right person.

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id love to see some people doing the same job samS did

why dont more peeps cross... thai.. col... mex... afgahn...etc and make somethin nice

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Raco said:
If "pure", they aren´t f2,just fn+1...(further inbred) :D

It becomes f2 when you cross a male and female grown from seeds of the same mom? I thought IBL means Inbred Landrace so I figured some inbreeding is always done, even on the mountain sides of Colombia and in nature generally. But anyway, as long as it's relatively pure, not crossed with another genetic altogether is what I'm talking about and hoping to find again.

Last edited:

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
Dalaihempy said:
Hi C21H30O2 there is no cannabis plant/strain on this planet that takes a year to sex/start flowering so who ever told you that a Colombian line takes a year to start to sex is wrong.

I miss the old Colombian lines the red was populla here in the 70s and erly 80s as was the green or gold last time i smoked Colombian was in 2003 i think mates uncle and grow partner whos in his 70s grew out the same line for 30 years rember them well.
we are gunna have to disagree as ive seen them grown. ask anyone who has grown out landrace sativas for a long time they will tell you that every now and then you get a plant that simply wont finish and takes forever to start. simply because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

p.s. i didn't say columbian strains i just meant it is within their genome. i will concede that not all columbians will take this long but there are examples of plants like i described.

D

Dalaihempy

we are gunna have to disagree as ive seen them grown. ask anyone who has grown out landrace sativas for a long time they will tell you that every now and then you get a plant that simply wont finish and takes forever to start. simply because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

p.s. i didn't say columbian strains i just meant it is within their genome. i will concede that not all columbians will take this long but there are examples of plants like i described.

hi C21H30O2 i have seen plants that were 4 years old and heard of plants that were 7 years old as they flower and come close to harvest they were cut back / harvested and had lower shoots/branches left that went back to veg and re grew into a plant agine in summer and the reson was they were long flowering lines.

Like i sed i have never heard of or seen a pure sativa ever not flower some may take a year to complet there cycle completly but they will flower and i have grown many plants were i was basicly harvesting at the time i was almost ready to plant agine were i am but never heard or seen a plant not flower.

C21H30O2

Veteran
Dalaihempy said:
hi C21H30O2 i have seen plants that were 4 years old and heard of plants that were 7 years old as they flower and come close to harvest they were cut back / harvested and had lower shoots/branches left that went back to veg and re grew into a plant agine in summer and the reson was they were long flowering lines.

Like i sed i have never heard of or seen a pure sativa ever not flower some may take a year to complet there cycle completly but they will flower and i have grown many plants were i was basicly harvesting at the time i was almost ready to plant agine were i am but never heard or seen a plant not flower.
ive never seen a blind midget but i dont doubt the possibility of their existence. :joint:

D

Dalaihempy

C21H30O2 said:
ive never seen a blind midget but i dont doubt the possibility of their existence. :joint:

I am sure there out there but you are guaranteed you wont see one driving threw town.

C21H30O2

Veteran
Dalaihempy said:
I am sure there out there but you are guaranteed you wont see one driving threw town.
lol on my street you never know. the other day i saw a fat hobo (yea i think he was jacking the other hobos) with a big white t shirt that said "bitch please" in big black letters. a few days after than i saw a old woman in a motorized wheel chair towing another old woman in a regular wheel chair across the cross walk on a busy street. a cop was stopped right next to me and we both looked over at each other at the same time when we saw that :nono:

Latest posts

Latest posts