What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why no propagation/cloning forum ICMAG??

Why no propagation/cloning forum ICMAG??

• Total voters
D

draco

i read somewhere that the cotyledons (sp) have enough nutrient in them to carry the growth for a bit... if so it is not much - maybe only lasts a few days in my experience...

they took off w/ addition of full nute...

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Rockwool is normally treated / presoaked with nutrients prior to use . coco doesnt hold nutrients or water in the same way :D

Being inert is what makes rockwool perfect for germ or clones. No idea about coco. Too much mess for me.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being inert is what makes rockwool perfect for germ or clones..

It's great as a fresh / sterile medium, but only up until the point where the seed or clone runs out of natural resources ,, and requires nutrients in order to sustain the plant and its growth. :yes:

Coco (when untreated) is active in trichoderma , a natural fungus which helps to promote root/plant growth. This allows seedlings to grow for slightly longer than within rockwool without added nutrients,,, still coco is reasonably inert due to its free draining characteristics, even when inoculated with biological ingredients, it still needs sustaining.

peace and love

FreezerBoy

Veteran
It's great as a fresh / sterile medium, but only up until the point where the seed or clone runs out of natural resources ,, and requires nutrients in order to sustain the plant and its growth. :yes:

That's why it's perfect, it's incapable of running out or burning. Now, the grower can go out of his way to intentionally strave or burn the plant, as they can in any media but, that's not growing, that's just murder. Don't blame the media for your decisions.

U

Ultra Current

It's very obvious that there should be a cloning forum. I've known this for years. I get so many questions on PMs for people needing help cloning. Some times I feel they want this site to be as unorganized as possible. Look at the votes guys, are they listening to the consumer? The consumer is always right.

Duplicate

^ But you're not paying, you're just consuming. Isn't it the customer is always right?

I'm not trying to be a dick but a new forum would require more moderation, which means either stretching current mods thinner or bringing more into a circle of trust. Then they actually have to be good moderators hahaha.

I'm not totally against it or anything but it's just not as easy as clicking a radio box and typing in a new name for a forum.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Look at the votes guys,

uh... you really want to do that? ...OK, you asked. Over 200,000 members and only 63 votes. That's not positive votes, that's total votes. This leaves us with 99.0008% of the membership completely disinterested.

U

Ultra Current

uh... you really want to do that? ...OK, you asked. Over 200,000 members and only 63 votes. That's not positive votes, that's total votes. This leaves us with 99.0008% of the membership completely disinterested.

Your a funny guy freezer. You have some odd ways of making sense of things in your own way. How many people out of the 350mil people in the US vote for all the elections. Guess it don't mean anything compared to the ones who don't vote.I can assure you that 200k members don't come on here per week.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Looking at votes was you're idea. Now that the numbers blow you're theory out of the water, you don't want numbers. You have some odd ways of making sense of things.

Herborizer

Veteran

FreezerBoy, mad respect and everything, but I can't agree with your point of view here.

I think the poll shows that the forum members want a propagation sub forum. If this thread wasn't buried in a sub forum that people don't frequently visit, it would have a lot more votes.

We got more vote action in one day when this thread was located in tokers den. Since then little action.

U

Ultra Current

Looking at votes was you're idea. Now that the numbers blow you're theory out of the water, you don't want numbers. You have some odd ways of making sense of things.

Freezer, 65 votes for a post in webite support is a lot. No one comes in here. Look at the views compared to others in this forum and it's only 2 weeks old. Open your eyes and stop being negative about something that is so obvious. You think we are at war with you or something. We know you are a good guy.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
At war? I suppose I am. Tons o work, massive clutter, no benefit for a forum almost no one wants.

.0002% is not a mandate. Hell, lets restrict numbers to those who've viewed the thread. Out of 599 views, we have 50 positive votes, less than 10%. Again no mandate in sight. If anything numbers show the overwhelming majority do not wish to see such a forum.

But, here's the thing: IC has absolutely no need for such a forum. We already have the CLONERS- a collection of various methods sticky in which every major method of cloning here at IC is collected under a single title (if any feel I've missed one, shoot me a PM). The thread is locked for your convenience and education. Everything in the thread is 100% pure info. No spam, flames, off topic arguments, digressions, name calling etc. Further, every post contains links to original threads where questions can be asked or posters PMed.

Everything you guys are asking for is already here in a superior form.

U

Ultra Current

37% of 218,054,301 eligible voters turned out for 2010 US election day. Or 87,940,148. Of the total USA population this = 25% and these are for real issues not cloning threads that you purposely bury in places that no one goes. You purposely make it burried so no one can see it in the first place. Out of 200,000 members, only a very small percentage of them come here on a weekly basis. It is very easy to see that data here if your on long enough. You are a mod here because you enjoy it. We are customers here and put hundreds of thousands a year if not millions in gypsys pocket. If it were me i would take a very small percentage of it and pay mods and hire more and they will be happy and not complain about sitting around pressing buttons all day. Sounds like mad work.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
just put it in the new growers forum that already exists. i dunno even why we would need a whole forum for something so easy.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
37% of 218,054,301 eligible voters turned out for 2010 US election day. Or 87,940,148. Of the total USA population this = 25% and these are for real issues not cloning threads that you purposely bury in places that no one goes. You purposely make it burried so no one can see it in the first place. Out of 200,000 members, only a very small percentage of them come here on a weekly basis. It is very easy to see that data here if your on long enough. You are a mod here because you enjoy it. We are customers here and put hundreds of thousands a year if not millions in gypsys pocket. If it were me i would take a very small percentage of it and pay mods and hire more and they will be happy and not complain about sitting around pressing buttons all day. Sounds like mad work.

We don't have anywhere near 37%. We don't even have 25%. You simply want what you want without reason or need. The vast majority do not want such a forum and there is no need for one. The info is already covered and placed for all to see.

U

Ultra Current

Ok everyone, you see what's up. They want to hide shit but our votes may count for something in the end but we must be seen. For that to happen we need votes (yes or no whatever). We have a voice and we want the cake and all the crumbs too. Give me my crumbs IC!

Freezer, show me a poll where 25% of IC voted. That would be 50,000 votes. Oh wait, it doesn't exist. I wonder what that means. Hmmm

I'm not a fan of forums, sub forums, sub-sub forums nestled like russian dolls but, it's not my decision. In the meantime, try CLONERS- a collection of various methods that includes brief descriptions of every major clone method I could find here at IC with links to original threads for detailed information.

Oh that's an easy place to find the thread that you started on cloners.It's in grow room designs. Lol! Real smart and will be easy to find for those who don't know. Even if they search cloning, it doesn't come up because of your title. Keep making it difficult guys. Your supposed to be the best but stoners trying to run a site doesn't work too well in all departments. I mean i can't believe that you need another mod for another forum. It's such a pain in the ass.

FreezerBoy

Veteran
Oh that's an easy place to find the thread that you started on cloners.It's in grow room designs. Lol! Real smart and will be easy to find for those who don't know.

OMG. They put growing equipment in the growing equipment forum. What were those idiots thinking?

IC has no use and no need for a cloning forum. It's a waste of time, effort, bandwidth, space and money. Those with cloning questions, look to CLONERS- a collection of various methods where you will find every major method found at IC collected in one easy to find, easy to read thread.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I voted no to having a new cloning forum.

I think there should be changes to the search function so its more user friendly for new people. The standard setting is to search each entire thread, this always comes back with too many results that are useless. The standard setting should be "search titles only", every time I use the search this is what I do and I get good useful search results. However new people don't know to make this change when doing a search.

opt1c

Veteran
a cloning and propagation forum would be useful and help people better navigate the site. As far as moving threads and stuff goes seems like its a job for someone besides freezerboy

i'm surprised icmag doesn't have a wiki section... the edits on that shit would be golden lol

on an off note; if you want to learn about starting seeds in coco i have a nice tek in my sig. people also use light warrior and rock wool to start seeds both or which are also inert mediums... u would't start a seed in ocean forest i'd think

Latest posts

Latest posts