What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why no credit cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Funny. Because you can buy it off the Rack like a gift card. That's what I did and dropped $500 on it. I did give them an email address so I could acc6it online.

Doesn't matter anyway. If they are doing any monitoring it's targeted to a couple individuals. You can be sure they're not wasting resources going through random transactions.

Phone companies have WAY more resources than the cops and they don't even look at your activity outside automated country and velocity errors. And in those cases, they still don't look at it. They just cut you off.

Sure, you put out lots of data, but so does everyone else. If I was to hide, I'll do it in the thick of things. If anything, want to wave a flag and stick out? Try to hide.

SecondAttempt

Well this has turned into a fun discussion about modern security protocol.. I was really just looking for clarification as to why ace isn’t taking credit cards from outside the Eu. I’m in the US.. legal state but still prefer to act like it isn’t. Last time I tried bank transfer it was difficult and if I remember the woman asked me what it was for. I didn’t have a lie thought up so I just stammered until I spit something out... back then I was completely illegal.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Can’t you just use internet or ATM for bank transfer in US nowadays?
Well this has turned into a fun discussion about modern security protocol.. I was really just looking for clarification as to why ace isn’t taking credit cards from outside the Eu. I’m in the US.. legal state but still prefer to act like it isn’t. Last time I tried bank transfer it was difficult and if I remember the woman asked me what it was for. I didn’t have a lie thought up so I just stammered until I spit something out... back then I was completely illegal.

squatty

This is what I was told by my bank -

You would need to come into the branch and do an International Wire. You would need to get the incoming wire instructions for the business or person you are sending it to. We do not have a swift code which means the institution you are sending the funds to has to have an account relationship with an American bank to get the funds.

Thank you,

D

DNM1

Trying to think,methods of payments online
Western Union?

Legalcdn

I inquired about credit card..ace is working on a solution..they want our money.. hopefully soon.

Last edited:

SecondAttempt

Well several different online bank transfer options exist (moneygram, zoom, TransferWise etc.)but they are all meant for person to person, not business transactions. I don’t want to commit any banking crimes, although I’m in a legal state I still don’t wish to bring attention to myself.. I want these seeds bad but I have decided to wait until credit cards work again.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
You Europeans or folks who do business with big banks don't have a clue. Small community banks in the USA do not let you do wires unless you go into the branch.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I as able to get several newer strains through seedsman this year, but they don't have the latest stuff. Will Ace be restocking them anytime soon?

D

DNM1

You Europeans or folks who do business with big banks don't have a clue. Small community banks in the USA do not let you do wires unless you go into the branch.
As Europeans to support the American lifestyle, pay tax on goods we order/buy from the US,sometimes more than what the item is worth

Any updates?
I contacted them through their site, asking if they knew when their issue with non-EU credit cards would be resolved, and on 1/26, I received this via email response, "...we don't know yet when it will be available for international orders." They recommended I use one of the other payment options.

brickweeder

As Europeans to support the American lifestyle, pay tax on goods we order/buy from the US,sometimes more than what the item is worth
It sucks to live in a place where your own govt places taxes on imported goods via customs fees...America would never do such a thing!

D

DNM1

It sucks to live in a place where your own govt places taxes on imported goods via customs fees...America would never do such a thing!

In any country I lived in Europe is the same with American goods, we don't complain though
I can mention a few brand names!overpriced and quality questionable.

PurpleBuz

The tax on goods you order from the US does not go to americans, It goes to Europeans and is a form of protectionism. Ask your leaders why they tax it and where that money goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.