What's new

Why is weed measured in grams & then ounces???

NoRest

This is the root of one of my points of confusion.

I learned that 454gms is a pound but some folk claim 448gms to a pound. Even google has both.

I think it stems from the 28gms vs 28.3gms to an ounce

Anyone hear of this before?

Penguin59

Yeh i've always weighed my ounces out to 28 grams flat. It's just easier to weigh out & it's a manageable number if someone wants say 3 ounces. 84 grams is easier to bag up than 85.048!

People who say 448 grams is a pound have used the flat 28 gram measurement whereas a 454 gram pound is the true pound measurement and you've got a good, straight edge dealer haha.

Penguin

cheecha07

An oz is actually 28.3495231 grams, but it's usually considered to be 28. So each time a person buys a quarter oz they should get 7.1 grams, but they usually only get 7. Think of all the tons that people have been ripped off for over the decades!

That is an interesting point, thanks for getting accurate figures, but back to the original question I'm sure it's the same reason a 2x4 is really 1.5x3.5 in, to cheat the consumer and add those decimal points to profit. Really glad I no this however probably wont change anything for me atleast.

cheecha07

Yeh i've always weighed my ounces out to 28 grams flat. It's just easier to weigh out & it's a manageable number if someone wants say 3 ounces. 84 grams is easier to bag up than 85.048!

People who say 448 grams is a pound have used the flat 28 gram measurement whereas a 454 gram pound is the true pound measurement and you've got a good, straight edge dealer haha.

Penguin

Thats interesting because local buds that come from bc, canada are weighed 7 g over per lb. consistently, i thought it was just added because there cured on the trip over to account for water weight loss but I guess canada's the only one not ripping people off.

ButteredIt

Thats interesting because local buds that come from bc, canada are weighed 7 g over per lb. consistently, i thought it was just added because there cured on the trip over to account for water weight loss but I guess canada's the only one not ripping people off.

looks like someone needs to recalibrate.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
3055tomato.png

:blowbubbles:

Buckbuck

Quote: from Panama Red::::::::::: first page!

Ounces was the way to go when it was reasonably priced and the smallest bag you would consider buying was a 1/2 Oz.

A few decades pass, the war on drugs is well under way, cartels control distribution, scumbag dealers milk the market.

End result; inflated prices, mediocre product being sold in smaller quantities for top dollar.

What's a douchebag going to market for $20?

A gram or a 1/28 of an Oz.?

The term gram rolls off his tongue slicker than balls off his chin.

It's only marketing because who weighs at that micro level?

Better to overgrow and give away 1/4's and 1/2's than to bloody your hands and sell your soul, whoring grams.

YEP

Latest posts

Latest posts