What's new

Why is this website so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WasntMe

Guess it's a transient problem in different areas. Here in NorCal the site is flying... but folks I know on the east coast say differently...Perhaps some internet companies are throttling their high-usage customers? I had heard that ATT does that.

I just ran speedtest and it says I have 21ms ping, 8.42 mbps download and 2.45 mbps upload and the site seems quite fast...no real delays at all.

Try speedtest.net and see what your internet provider is doing before complaining.

As you could see from my above post, what I am experiencing with this site is absolutely NOT an ISP speed or bandwidth issue. I am on multiple different networks from multiple different ISPs everyday with speeds ranging all the way up to T3 connections. I agree a speedtest.net and pingtest.net test results can be a good indicator of some localized issues. But this doesn't seem to be one of those times.

The network I happen to be on right now........ 4ms ping, 112.4Mbps down, 73.2Mbps up .... is still getting periodic "server failed to respond" errors while trying to load pages, ESPECIALLY if I try to open more then one page at a time. Again, this is the only site that is having this issue of all the ones I frequent...including about 6 other message boards....2 of which have much more liberal rules about animated gif in avatars and sigs, let alone throughout the posts.
If your need help running some differerent test from different platforms let me know...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KB thats the speed of yuor ISP. It does not tell ya if there is a latency issue with ICMAG.. I just ran mine and is at 5mb..

You need to ping icmag.. Anyway it is what it is I guess we will have to live with it.

Skip

Veteran
As I said in another thread you need to run a traceroute to see where the hangup is.

If it's fast and ONLY slow at the last point (our server), then our server is the problem. But you'll likely find problems before it reaches our server and there's nothing we can do about that.

In case you ppl don't know there's a WHOLE LOTTA shit goin' down right now with bandwidth and security all over the Internet.

You're going to have to wait some time before the changes result in faster speeds here.

You guys all got spoiled with 25 images in one post. Show me another site where ppl paste 25 2mb+ images in one post and I might believe some of these claims that other sites are more liberal...

Skip

Veteran
KB thats the speed of yuor ISP. It does not tell ya if there is a latency issue with ICMAG..

You need to ping icmag..
Quit giving out misinfo!

Pinging won't tell you shit.

Listen to what I'm telling ya...

And I'm just gonna close this thread if more misinfo gets posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.