What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why is my outdoor flowering?

I'm in northern California and I got a Gelonade clone about 2-3 months ago, it's been indoors most of its life on an 18/6 schedule and I put it outdoors on May 4th. This is what it looks like now:

20230601_175807.jpg
20230601_175825.jpg

So I'm kinda new to gardening in general, but I'm looking at preflowers forming into buds right? All sources I've looked at say in NorCal the earliest you should put cannabis outside is around April 20th, is that incorrect?

Finally, will this plant revert back to veg sometime soon? Is it even worth keeping it? Or should I just get another clone and start over... any help is appreciated 🙏 ❤️

Ca++

That's a couple of weeks into flower. Though the few dark hairs say it might be to coming back to veg.
I'm a bit surprised, as a plant suited to indoor, doesn't generally flower with reasonably long days.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

As far north as you are it will probably reveg during June, pot plants need nights 9-11 hours long to start flowering. Theres some ppl in SoCal who put lights on their outdoor plants at night to prevent early flowering, you might be able to instigate reveg by doing that yourself. If you have a plant that only needs 9 hours of night to blossom then that cut is primo stuff for those of us further north, so thanks for the info, but it should probably stay indoor until June in Cali. Tropical plants tend to need 11 hours to flower, if you were growing something like that you probably would've gotten the result you wanted.
If you keep a cutting you might also be able to put it outside early next spring and intentionally grow it for a spring harvest.

Latest posts

Latest posts