What's new

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

Why has legalization created people who hate the old school cannabis culture?

• Total voters

Stardog

Strangely enough, where I live the younger/more recent people to the whole cannabis thing honestly believe that "medical" or "dispensary" cannabis is an entirely different entity like corn compared to tomatoes. They will drive over an hour to pay some schmuck over $300/oz for flowers that smell like hay mixed with mids. This whole thing has me baffled.

White Beard

yeah much different in a mainstream business world victims lose money. It is a game of money.

In the illegal world of contraband substances victims lose life/freedom or worse. The aspect that really sucks is it rewards rats, dealers get busted they turn in a few customers and stay free. Rinse Repeat.
In the larger contraband game people kidnap, rape and kill families to discourage that. Dirty, nasty and really F*ing dangerous not my idea of a good place to make friends and culture.

Whether it is the small time dealer who will rat me out if they need to or the big supplier who will murder my family if they need to. No thanks, I will stick to my legal weed and my legal culture !
More proof that privilege is blind, and can never see itself. Have fun, ”connoisseur”. Enjoy it while it lasts.

White Beard

I’ve noticed a fair number on here who seem to have been in the coke or meth business before “getting into growing”...predatory skanks and parasitic hippie-punchers, “smart guys”, with the fuck-you built in...once things get sticky, they’ll be back to hustling blow to strippers on Orange Blossom Trail, and not a moment too soon

JetLife175

Veteran
The black market will always thrive when it comes to cannabis.

Here’s a scenario...

Where I’m from there’s what add up to 30% tax on sales in dispensaries. That overpriced, commercially grown 280 dollar OG kush ounce now is 364 dollars. I don’t know about you guys but I haven’t bought a $350+ ounce since the mid 2000’s.

That same person going to the shop can come straight to me and get boutique grown and verified genetics for 200 an ounce, even cheaper with more weight. Long gone are the days of the 4K elbow. The black market out here in California is seeming to produce a higher quality than we’ve ever seen before due to the intense competition of the legal market. This hasn’t driven the black market out. It’s merely changed the scope of things.

We aren’t criminals or drug lords. Fuck most of the big crime family operations out here have gone legit. They are making a killing off of growing sub par but clean weed. I’d rather take my chances in the black market. At least I know I would be helping feed someone who actually needs the cash.

White Beard

In my state, there will be NO legal cannabis worthy of the name, despite the window-dressing currently under way. Legal recreational access is 20 years away, minimum, unless they can figure out a way to really screw the public over by “legalizing”. Local weed has apparently dried up entirely: nothing around, at all, but for the occasional scattering of concentrate cartridges. I’m sure we have local growers, but they’re playing their cards very close.

In situations like these, a black market will flourish, but if it’s been knocked down it will take time to rebuild.

No matter: I will grow to keep myself rich in cannabis, I will share it with my friends, I will give it to patients who need it, and a “legal” market for $50 grams and $300+ ozs wont change that one bit.

Fact is, I *WANT* to grow: I could live out my days quite happily, working my way through the ancestral seedbag, staying high as a monkey, making music, visiting with friends...and AFAIC I have *every* right to do so and I believe the Constitution backs me up to the hilt in doing so, both from the privacy angle and from the freedom-of-choice angle (the ninth amendment, which has never been pushed (to my knowledge) in a cannabis case).

ahortator

Veteran
Ungrateful people?

They make business with the work previously made by old school people involved who also forgot to give the thanks and rocognition to all those native people growing the strains they later used. Now they want to make us to beleive they have invented the wheel.

It is always the same...

h.h.

Veteran
No animosity.

Cracks me up when some kid tries to explain all the subtle differences as major qualities.
"This one will make you energetic..." " This ones better for anxiety."

No it won't. No, its not.

"Will it fuck me up?"
"Yes or no?"

ahortator

Veteran
I have not voted. I say the people who hate the old school cannabis culture are ungrateful. Because they are working with the job done by the old school cannabis culture and they hate the work of such pioneers. But everybody seems to forget the cannabis genepool has been alive, until the modern Hindu Kush hybrid spreading and sativa/NLD Holocaust, thanks to native people in far away countries.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
No animosity.

Cracks me up when some kid tries to explain all the subtle differences as major qualities.
"This one will make you energetic..." " This ones better for anxiety."

No it won't. No, its not.

"Will it fuck me up?"
"Yes or no?"

Truth is some strains will induce anxiety or cause panic for some people, some strains make it hard to sleep, some put you to sleep, some are trippy and some are numbing. I could keep going. But the difference is real.

Not sure what it means to fuck you up unless your drinking. I guess if I smoke the wrong strain it will make me groggy and lazy and pointless. Wouldn't call myself fucked up but the rest of the day is.

Tell that budtender I want the want that puts a grin from ear to ear and makes me want to wander through a wood or ride my bike. You know, the stuff that gets you so high you can feel your forehead growing.

Sunshineinabag

People like this!

It is hard to believe we live in a age where the old school cannabis culture is hated even on a cannabis culture website.

Much like we owe our freedom to the vets. that fought in past wars.
It is my belief we owe most of the headway we have made in the cannabis culture to those who have been jailed in the name of keeping the cannabis culture alive.

Is this something that offends you personally?
I know it does me.
I can't stand folks who go behind others backs to snitch on them because they are jealous. Immature folks need not be around this cultivar!

White Beard

I have not voted. I say the people who hate the old school cannabis culture are ungrateful. Because they are working with the job done by the old school cannabis culture and they hate the work of such pioneers. But everybody seems to forget the cannabis genepool has been alive, until the modern Hindu Kush hybrid spreading and sativa/NLD Holocaust, thanks to native people in far away countries.
I get your point:

I also remember the hordes of freaks who were turned on to the legacy of the East via cannabis and psychedelics, who immersed themselves in those disrespected traditions and cultures, who traveled extensively not only through the East, but through Africa and Mesoamerica and South America.

Many of them made lives in those places; many who returned brought those cultures with them as best they could; many of them struck out in new directions, inspired by these lands and cultures as much as by the world they came from.

Honoring the past, honoring those who have made our modern efforts possible, may be neglected by some - but not by all.

White Beard

I can't stand folks who go behind others backs to snitch on them because they are jealous. Immature folks need not be around this cultivar!

Hoping the professional criminals trying to “go straight” by turning cannabis into the new alcohol FAIL in their efforts, and go back to loan-sharking, meth-cooking, and picking on strangers at bus stops....

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hoping the professional criminals trying to “go straight” by turning cannabis into the new alcohol FAIL in their efforts, and go back to loan-sharking, meth-cooking, and picking on strangers at bus stops....

well, all 3 of those other "options" can get you killed...:biggrin:

h.h.

Veteran
Truth is some strains will induce anxiety or cause panic for some people, some strains make it hard to sleep, some put you to sleep, some are trippy and some are numbing. I could keep going. But the difference is real.

Not sure what it means to fuck you up unless your drinking. I guess if I smoke the wrong strain it will make me groggy and lazy and pointless. Wouldn't call myself fucked up but the rest of the day is.

Tell that budtender I want the want that puts a grin from ear to ear and makes me want to wander through a wood or ride my bike. You know, the stuff that gets you so high you can feel your forehead growing.
Yep understood.
Now does it get you fucked up or not?

h.h.

Veteran
I get your point:

I also remember the hordes of freaks who were turned on to the legacy of the East via cannabis and psychedelics, who immersed themselves in those disrespected traditions and cultures, who traveled extensively not only through the East, but through Africa and Mesoamerica and South America.

Many of them made lives in those places; many who returned brought those cultures with them as best they could; many of them struck out in new directions, inspired by these lands and cultures as much as by the world they came from.

Honoring the past, honoring those who have made our modern efforts possible, may be neglected by some - but not by all.
I have to disagree.

Every hippie was a Shaman.
It wasn't honoring the past.
It was a game.
It was disrespectful.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
lol professional criminals

the counter culture I know has been fighting the good fight on the war against consciousness and humanity for a greater benefit to humanity universal and many paid the ultimate sacrifice

after the civil war and the holocaust where the "criminals" who who helped the slaves escape the south or jews escape germany talked about with the same disdain now that we see it from a different perspective

the one thing that remains constant that in trhougout all populations and demographics the same good, bad and ugly human behaviors and perceptions arise

what percentage are based on a subconscious drive for fulfillment earthly desire they don't understand themselves?

LungCooking

Rebel youngsters will always challenge the oldschool generation.

always been like that. they are weaker(less knowledge) and insecure, they hate what they dont understand.

Same concept for racism.. hate what you dont know
That´s why i always relate hate with dumbness
best advice i would give to young generation is dont hate, love ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts