What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why growing with partners wont work...let's hear your opinion

Maybe it's different in the UK then, here in the states we have a "narc" culture, people you've been friends with for years will give you up to save themselves from the most minor legal things.

Arrested for shop lifting a candy bar, well officer, I can tell you where a large grow is if you let me go.

Most people will roll like a f'ing ball here on their friends for anything.

This is very sad :( round here grassing is against the street law u grass and the whole estate is on ya ass :eek:

angel4us

ICMag Donor
conspiracy to manufacture class x felony

conspiracy to manufacture class x felony

no thanks ! if you should happen to show 1 person 1 plant and the cops are set up on your grow - you are then looking at conspiracy to manufacture-which is a class x felony in these parts SO i would suggest a no to partnership based on that alone , best guy in the world is no good to you if your both in jail????

Well its my opinion but. Thats at least 1 to many people who know what they shouldn't. I guess someone already said that but you asked, lol. Good thread.

chef

Gene Mangler
Veteran
partners dont work...

1.They do nothing
2.They want 1/2
3. They do nothing.
4. Theres not enough work for 2 people
5. They rip you off
6. They do nothing
7.They rip you off more.
8. They do nothing.
9. They rip you off again.
10. Something happens and they snitch on you.
11. They have a big mouth
12. They dont know nothing
13. They are useless
14. They are pointless
15. They steal from you
16. They want to do stupid shit thats pointless
17. They do nothing
18. They want half.
19. Snitch on y ou
20. DO SHIT BY YOURSELF!!!!

20 was more of a comment then why partners suck.... lol i hope this helps

21. They think they know shit when they know NOTHING
22. They switch around the room and makes things worse.
23. It like having a girl that you cant ram (whats the point)
24. Babysit partners.
25. Cant tell how many times ive heard of people getting busted becasue there "partner" did something stupid totally UNRELATED to weed but in the end you get busted for weed.
26. Partner spouse... You may be able to control yours... But a partners girl is unpredictable and if he dont have one who knows how much he talks to get girls into bed..
27.Imagine giving someone half your crop for doing dog shit.
28. THeres many more but damn im tired...
29. PARTNERS SUCK DONT DO IT!!!!

haha gl bro

LMAO True words of wisdom ;)

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Maybe it's different in the UK then, here in the states we have a "narc" culture, people you've been friends with for years will give you up to save themselves from the most minor legal things.

Arrested for shop lifting a candy bar, well officer, I can tell you where a large grow is if you let me go.

Most people will roll like a f'ing ball here on their friends for anything.

Thats becuase the government has all its little slave childs scared of what they will do to them.... USA is a country full of cowards.... Not all but most.

baan

"hey man I'm sorry but I really wanted some weed, so I took one of the patches down. I know that it was immature and everything, but I figured that taking one of our three patches now would keep me supplied until we harvested the rest. Well, anyway, the next time you check, take a look at the patch by the river, I think I might have killed a few of them by accidentally spilling a five pound bag of blood meal right on top of a clump of plants. The rest should be ok though, but I only checked on a few of them."

or

"Hey man what up? Yo I needed some cash so I ripped up the patches and sold them, hope you're cool with that, but, um, I needed money for my car insurance after that fender bender, I'm sure you can understand. I left a couple of plants there for you, should be enough to last you a while, but I'll give you a couple bucks - like 20 or 30 - just so that you have some money for when you run out. Hey, I'm gonna throw a party and we'll be smokin and drinkin kegs, wanna stop by?"

or

"Hey man. I know you told be not to, but I chopped some plants and started selling them. Anyway, long story short, the police came, and they sey we're not going to get jail time if we tell them everything, so I did. They said that they'd pick you up later on today, and I didn't want to snitch on you, but I had to - they told me I'd go to jail for possession, and look at the bright side, this way nobody's in jail. I've just now talked to my attorney and he says that from now on we'll meet a couple a times 'in the cell block', whatever that means. Anyway, see ya later man"

Long story short, no partners ever because that will always lead to trouble.

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really interesting on the last page how Scottyboycx said it's so sad that you all don't have friends you can trust, and KalicoKitty came back asking Scotty how old he was, assuming he was young. Now, I'm curious, because I assumed the opposite. I assumed the suspicious, 'no partner' posters were all young and that the trusting, capable, reliable posters were all older! How old are you KalicoKitty? ;)

The age thing is a good point. Our circle of 3 are 50+, all friends back to the mid 80s. Cant imagine it being any other way. I've had some really tight buddies over the years but as time goes on, some get culled over the years for all kind of reasons. Been lucky I guess since the mid 70s. Learned a lot from some who weren't so lucky too. 1 0r 2 I wish were still alive.......Really good friends take years to get IMHO

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Really interesting on the last page how Scottyboycx said it's so sad that you all don't have friends you can trust, and KalicoKitty came back asking Scotty how old he was, assuming he was young. Now, I'm curious, because I assumed the opposite. I assumed the suspicious, 'no partner' posters were all young and that the trusting, capable, reliable posters were all older! How old are you KalicoKitty? ;)
40's
I think it's the younger guys who are more trusting, they haven't lived long enough in some cases to have that trusting nature "burned" out of them by double crossing friends.

No partners, and telling no one, are the kind of things that most people end up having to learn the hard way, I know I did.

The older people get, the wiser life's experiences make them.

The age thing is a good point. Our circle of 3 are 50+, all friends back to the mid 80s. Cant imagine it being any other way. I've had some really tight buddies over the years but as time goes on, some get culled over the years for all kind of reasons. Been lucky I guess since the mid 70s. Learned a lot from some who weren't so lucky too. 1 0r 2 I wish were still alive.......Really good friends take years to get IMHO
:yeahthats

R

rocky5

my idea of partner would be-give me your room and we will split 50/50.
no other grower involved apart from me.

sorry for quoting my self but this oppertunity has just arisen
i will let you all know how it works out in a few month.

this pad holder is battle hardened,done a bit o time
and plus we got bigger secrets to worry about.

if it all messes up do a bit o bird get out and start round two.

biteme

i have several different gardens, both indoor and outdoor. and with some of them, i have 50/50 partners but with a very good reason: they own the land and/or building where the garden is located. that fact alone deems them worthy partners and though we are 50/50 in the split, there is no doubt as to who is in charge and who makes the rules. i have done this for awhile and consider myself especially skilled with outdoor guerilla where i work alone, but it is hard to beat a partner who has a 3 acre back yard with four raised beds that have been under development for just about a decade now. we will finish tiling these beds this fall. the bed media is the epitome of what this plant likes, and we add to it each successive year. they grow large and thick in these beds, often too thick? we know better but can't help but stick a couple more plants in there.

i will admit to past probs with partners. some old partnerships have dissolved. it's been a learning process for me and the one key is though the split may be equal, there cannot be any doubt as to who is in charge. if you must take on a partner, make it a newby. i'm used to doing the thinking followed by the work except now i have one to do the heavy lifting, cleaning and assorted grunt stuff. lol. partners are a necessary evil at times and all about evaluating old friends and making a wise choice. about all i can say is i am better than i used to be at it. peace-biteme

T

tokinafaty420

sorry for quoting my self but this oppertunity has just arisen
i will let you all know how it works out in a few month.

this pad holder is battle hardened,done a bit o time
and plus we got bigger secrets to worry about.

if it all messes up do a bit o bird get out and start round two.

Who'd you guys murder? :laughing:

wait... don't answer that!

R

rick shaw

My first real attempt I was the new guy,construction experience and money,got screwed royally.There is no small claim court for this,I bit my lip and did not retaliate.He just died two months ago from a brain hemorrhage.The biggest point not mentioned, partners=RICO .I did a court case for LSD,when the subject of RICO came up things changed from a trial to accepting a plea bargain.Screw housemates if you can not afford a place you are not ready.I have been in SRO the past five years,10x10x10 built a 4x8x6 box mattress is on top I sleep like Snoopy lol.

i havent read all the posts .. but the laws in the u.s. dictate that no one can be trusted at any time period .. if u think u can then take yer chances .. but remember U CANT GROW FROM JAIL ..

ss

ilovenuggs

I have a roommate who is also a good friend. He knows about the grow, checks out the plants occasionally, and I teach him some stuff. But I do the grow, its my business and he gets the best weed in town for free. He has as much to lose as I do, maybe more. So far it has worked out really well.

He also operates as a connection, helping me put a person between myself and others. So I think that partnerships in growing don't necessarily work, and I would never trust a woman with any "dangerous" info. But, if you have a friend who is interested and is willing to assume as much if not more of the risk then it is possible.

These things require constant monitoring and an ear to the ground. Remember to leverage your risk

dtfsux

i dunno about exception, you just need to be in the game for the right reasons, the same with anyone you go in on it with. my mate penguin and i never got into this business because we wanted to make millions and live our lives in mansions etc, we simply love the plant, everything about it and want to breed and grow as best we can and earn the respect of others the hard old fashioned way through work, time and effort. it won't be easy and it shouldn't be for good reason, but i wanna give back as much as i get (and have already gotten) from this community and more, for the rest of my life, whether i make any money or not could phase me less, and it's the same with my partner in crime penguin59. we had another friend who was always a great mate but he wanted to grow and sell it all, had no respect for the plant, for growing, for breeding, for us, just wanted money. we told him NO FUCKING WAY.... you just have to be smart about things and stay true to yourself and keep away from trouble like that, even if it's convenient and even if they're good friends, because whether it's sooner or later it can only end badly.

cheers for the kind words mate, i'll be keeping at it! i'm sure many of you can do it with other people, you just have to make sure you both are on the same level and have similar goals etc, if you're too different and if either of you have less than honest intentions then shit may go south in the end. just be safe and smart everyone :D

When I hear partners, I automatically think commercial op. Whether it be for straight profit, co-op,collective, etc.

What do you mean in the game for the right reasons? What if we do not have some holy love for the plant? What if we are in it just to make money? So what? A lot of people smoke and have no idea how to grow, and that's where the commercial guys come in, filling the demand. Do not look down on them because without them, just about everybody on this board never would have smoked their first joint.

If growing for personal use, there is absolutely no reason to have a partner.

So any operation that requires partners is a large scale op that needs lots of work, or someone can't be around much to tend to all the time. Then the issue comes back who is going to do what. What happens on clone day when you need to take 1500 clones and your partner is late or finds an excuse not to show up? Or he doesnt check on clones daily and you loose 40-50% of your clones? Or on harvest week, etc etc etc I could go on and on.

I guess while typing this I realize my experience was with all criminals. Everyone was trying to get over and pull a fast one. It was like being in jail and trying to watch for the con.

Maybe having a trusted friend who can help once in a while would be cool. You do your thing, he does his. Maybe you help each other out covering for vacations, etc. But each grower does what they want in regards to nutes, style, strains, and runs it however they want.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuck a partner...i was born alone,i do my business alone,i dont need a etra mf to worry about keepin them quiet,babysittin them,or them f'n up my hard work.
i dont wanna share anything with anyone that dont deserve it....i do 100 % of the work so i get 100% of the return...i wouldnt think of takin on a partner,1st of all im too picky about the way things get done in my grow,and 2nd because i dont need anyone to help me fuck shit up :D
seriously,i wouldnt think anything good could come of it...lose a friend,and a good grow spot is about all i cld see....i have many friends but i have none to spare or lose over a grow op.especialy one i can handle all by myself...4k to 10k to 20k i dont need no stinkin partners.
peace-T-

cannaboy

They want 1/2, have a idea different to yours, probably not a grower a moneyman learning. don't tell anyone you grow!!

Latest posts

Latest posts