What's new

Why go 24 hours lights on??

wow, this thread blew up.

hey guys, seriously, please take youre fighting to PMs.
other than that, the both of you have posted useful information.
so stop being children. :thank you:

this should have been a poll.

spurr

Veteran
I hope you are not referring to me when you wrote "both of you". If so you have a pretty distorted view of the antagonist in this thread, I haven't responded to him in over 4 pages ;)

Lots of people told Japan to knock it off, not just me.

P.S. if this thread was only a poll no one would have had a chance to learn about the topics I covered (unless they went looking for info in academia); and that would have been a loss for people who want to learn, IMO anyway.

statusquo

Originally Posted by spurr
I think people use light on 24/7 because they want to (unwittingly) grow less healthy plants
First post, calling people dumb-asses in a nice round about way.First post, calling people dumb-asses in a nice round about way.

Look up the definition of unwittingly...Eh I'll do it for you since I know you have no interest in reading things. "without knowledge or intention". So it's not really an insult lol.

I thought there was an ok experiment done by a member on the boards a long time ago that reached the conclusion that 20/4 produced the fastest/densest growth and had the biggest and healthiest root structure? Not sure about any of the details regarding it (setup, variables etc) I just remember the results and thinking he did a more thorough job than average lol. Not calling anyone out...just interested if anyone remembers what I'm talking about or know's where it is.

Edit: I definitely agree in regards to the poll. Many peoples' opinions are based off what they read in Cervantes' book and similar ones based on educated-stoney-individuals' loose observations. If it didn't mean a lot of people would just look at that and then be done with it, it wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, many are looking for quick and easy answer =/

Protip! If you left click on peoples' names you can filter the thread by their posts. This is especially useful in grow-log threads where you only want to see the OP's updates/pics/information or threads where you see one guy consistently posting good stuff :)

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Spurr - I am sure you have posted some solid info, but you are the example of why people don't like academia nerds. You come with a condescending attitude ignoring people with far more practical experience.

P.S. Whining to the MODs after only being a member several months will not win many friends...

WFF

spurr

Veteran
I have been growing for about 20 years, fwiw. And I have been a member here before but closed my account a while ago and just recently came back at the suggestion of a mod (like I mentioned). I doubt many people have "far more practical experience" than I do. I am well known by other nics here and at other forums, I've been at forums since the days of OG and CW.

I complained to mods so they can do their job and keep things civil and keep trolls at bay. It's my attempt to keep this thread on track and stop the bickering due to the main antagonist: Japan.

This is my last off topic post in this thread, I suggest others follow my lead...yup, I'm talking to you waterfarmfan and anyone else who wants to post things that are of no use to this thread.

denmaster

I have read this entire thread and while Japan can grate on the nerves...he does occasionally make sense, and while you Spurr have shown good concise information...you are, despite not responding to Japan, continuing to smear him - and by telling everyone to follow your lead you are acting like a spoiled school kid and essentially now telling everyone they're the idiots as well if they don't listen to you....this cycle goes nowhere...not everyone grows the same strain or by same methods and irregardless, the point of coming here to read threads is to get other people's feedback and have healthy discussions that can benefit us all for all our needs....I don't neccesarily want to always read quick one or two line semi-zings but I don't want to read pages from your books when I have my own in that department as well......BUT... I expect them from time to time and offer my own on occasion as good discussion usually goes....quit freakin freak and quit sparring spurrr...agree to disagree...let's get back to business...here I'll start...

In my EXPERIENCE with SOME Indicas (and this is based on 3 grows at 18/6 and 4 grows at 24/0 both for strictly veg cycle with identical environment otherwise) I have found that I get shorter plants in 24/0 light cycle and the growth is slightly slower... however... the overall number of internodes has not only been greater in number, but the spaces between the nodes decreased amazingly....this translated to more bud sites and bud......and......to reiterate.....this is just from MY experience....so just my humble results....

peace out

Fear

My 4 year old boy is smarter than I am. Whoops wrong thread, I thought this was a how smart you are thread.

Anyways I have white fuzzy roots after 24/0 and never had a problem, tried all the ways. 24/0 works for me and so does 18/6. here is a plant that I vegged 24 hours. I really don't know how I vegged will affect this beautiful bud. Moms and Vegging plants are so bullet proof anyways.

All were vegged 24 hours
Casey at 28 days

Ultimate Moondawg

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I didn't know this was supposed to be a popularity contest.

Simon

This certainly is not a popularity contest, but it is a community. As such, even those with valuable information must be respectful to others or no one will give them the time of day...

WFF

denmaster

Hey Fear they look really healthy.... good job ...may I ask what wattage and bulb type you are running for them? I'm currently doing a ScrOG using a 400 watt Hortilux in a 3' L x 1.5' W 3.5' H stealth cab....

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I have known Spurr for awhile now and conversed with him plenty of times outside of MJ forums, and while he may seem like a know-it-all at times, he doesn't try to belittle people by showing off his knowledge. Those of you who think he is showing off, or trying to make you feel stupid, well that's just your own insecurities shining through.

I dont always understand everything he's talked to me about, but I dont allow that to affect me in a personal way. He could easily just keep all he has learned to himself, and allow everyone else to wander through the bullshit searching for real knowledge, but he's more than kind enough to provide us with what he knows, and he knows alot.

If you still feel intimidated by what he knows, and what you dont, then feel free to not read his posts or threads, and go on doing whatever works for you.

:wave:
OK I'll tell you what is happening. It has been 3-4 days now that the little ones have been under 24/0. The growth is odviously increased. They look like they have been in there much longer. the water leaves have separated from the suckers. they are already tall and the first set of leaves have developed and the second set is just showing. just about 2 weeks growth.

Thank you all for your help. 24/0 works way better than 18/6.

Dear spurr that was my plan to take them out from under the compact fluorescents in say 3 weeks, when my main room is free. Around the first transplant. then I'm going to learn how to clone. then they spend the rest of their lives under cool blues 600s, then the 1000w bulbs for flowering. :thank you:

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
:wave:
OK I'll tell you what is happening. It has been 3-4 days now that the little ones have been under 24/0. The growth is odiously increased. They look like they have been in there much longer. the water leaves have separated from the suckers. they are already tall and the first set of leaves have developed and the second set is just showing. just about 2 weeks growth.

Thank you all for your help. 24/0 works way better than 18/6.

Is this some kind of a joke?

Simon

macdiesel

What a trainwreck of a thread.
You have Spurr, someone who has clearly studied botany ad naseum via proven scientific research, and then you have some mouth breathing ignoramus who feels threatened by someone who uses big words he can't understand. Throw in a couple of mentally challenged lazy people who can't find the answers which were answered so eloquently by Spurr, and you have this ridiculous presentation of sub-average IQ's all in one thread.

The computer you're on, the lights you're using, and all other forms of technology are based on the same protocol Spurr administers.
The jury is in...it's been in for a while.

Spurr, you've been overly patient, gratuitous and fair throughout this thread.
I've really enjoyed learning from your posts.
Japan uses small lights, and adding insult to injury, discloses he also has them very distant from the canopy.
Clearly his plants are starved for photons and that's the reason they may benefit from 24/0. Hell, the plants probably think it's just about dark 24/7 due to his poor lighting.....j/k ;)

Anyway Spurr, please keep posting information. Even though the uneducated toolbags may feel threatened by it, some of us enjoy the quest for the truth proven by science.

Keep on keepin' on, and thank you.

S

socioecologist

Great to see the subsidence of bickering.

Spurr,

I'd still love to hear the vernacularized version of this when you have the time/opportunity/inclination.

S

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
It's truly a shame that after all this - the mindless comments, the ignorance, the raging stupidity, and the unyielding good will exhibited by the one individual who took the time to try and educate the community - we get the above. No wonder the general population sees us (as a group) as a bunch of dumb stoners.

Simon

macdiesel

It's truly a shame that after all this - the mindless comments, the ignorance, the raging stupidity, and the unyielding good will exhibited by the one individual who took the time to try and educate the community - we get the above. No wonder the general population sees us (as a group) as a bunch of dumb stoners.

Simon

Agreed. It's like a bunch of backwoods hicks saying global warming doesn't exist because it's colder today than it was last year at this date.

Spurr presented it very well in this thread. It's a shame the uneducated toolbags choose to ignore it and continue with their heads in the sand. Oh well.
It's free scientific information.

Holy sweet Jesus.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to throw some real world experience into this theoretical debate - unsubbing now, I hope everyone has a good day.

FYI, "goodwill" is one word, chief.

LOL...Don't sweat it bro... Through my real world experiences, i also like 24/0, and yes...lol..my roots get huge and healthy too....

If I'm getting plants ready for outdoors, then I will use 16/8.....

Why are people getting so mad about poeple using 24/0 or 1/23? Who gives a FUCK what anyone thinks... Do whatever works best for you... Thats what i do, and my bud is fucking AAA GREAt everytime....and so are my roots.... 24/0 works great....20/4 works great....18/6 works great.....Pick one a go with it....but, FYI, 24/0 is the SHIT, Fuck man, even the Pope uses 24/0, as did Elvis, Hunter S. Thompson and Princess Dianna.....

I LOVE YOU ALL, each in your own way.

Latest posts

Latest posts