What's new

Why dont people put plants under vertical bulb

with plants under them.. security first second run is a flat garden with vertically hung bulbs.. and his shits nice..

my shits nice and ive always had plants directly underneath the bulbs.. not permenantly but in a rotation for sure..

proof.

couple examples.. the more plants the more bud.. if you dont mind moving the plants in and out of rows for access why not add those extras undetneath the lamp, as long as you rotate them into direct lighting from time to time...
Looks really nice in there CC

PD

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
CC, very nice work!! The key here is you have so many lights they will grow anywhere in the room!!

Single light setup wouldn't do as well right under the bulb.

Mucho respect for your skills....

thanks for the compliments..

my method:
with a simple single lamp setup to achieve the highest yeild chose a strain like afgani or m39 or whatever 6-7week max strain, a short compact high yeilding indica..

build this

place your new coming in on the top shelves and the "floor" of the area. seeing as how plants focus more on hormones and stretch during the first 2-3 weeks of flowering they can be in the less intensly lit areas, while the plants nearing harvest can be directly around the bulb for maximum light..
for sure your plants will stretch a little but with harvests ever 3-4 weeks, and a more effecient use of your light and space youll end up with more in the long run..

another tip build your coli off the floor so the ceiling can act as a reflector.. hang a small carbon filter vertically from the ceiling with a cooltube attached and then pull the heat down and out for maximum interior area.. cover everything in as much plant as possible..

CC

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im a vertical grower and love it compared to the cool tubes I was using. I run 2 600 so the light overlaps ea other I have plants under both bulbs. The bulb to the left gets the plant on the right and the right bulb gets the plants on the left.

All of the multi bulb vertical grows that I have seen have plants right under a bulb. There are other lights that will get to that plant.

If you are doing a single bulb then a vertical grow is still good you just cant put anything under that bulb.

Doradoguy

CC I think you are stealing the show. Nice work. Do you hand water. Looks like a 120-160 plants for the single light. What do you pull on that set up. 3.5 to 4 is my guess. Do you have to water everyday with the 1 gallon pots?

S

SCROG McDuck

with plants under them.. security first second run is a flat garden with vertically hung bulbs.. and his shits nice..

my shits nice and ive always had plants directly underneath the bulbs.. not permenantly but in a rotation for sure..

proof.

couple examples.. the more plants the more bud.. if you dont mind moving the plants in and out of rows for access why not add those extras undetneath the lamp, as long as you rotate them into direct lighting from time to time...

Yes, "stealing the show", very nice.
I wish I could be that organized!
you're an enginer of some sort, right? BYB, it's my nature, no offence, I've just known alot of engineers in my day.

what kind (size/cfm) of extracton fan(s) are you useing?
I ran a similar floor fan with 2/6"-264cuft/m for extractio and it wasnt enough, temps went up, got rid of the floor fan and temps went down.. but I have to keepem 14-15 inches away, with a stacked, 600hps/400mh
in a tent..

canadiancracker is a sick bastard !! few words for a man with a monster yield...

thats peace homes !!

well i wrote a long ass very nice story about how i got started into growing but i clicked the back button and erased my post so now sorry but suppers almost read ill be doing it quick quick..

doradoguy thanks, yes always handwater only when they need it.. sometimes 1 gallons can go 2 days but its only that way with weaker plants or if your humidity is around 60%. usally its daily. i have clone and mother rooms, veg rooms, and then bloom rooms, my mothers and clones arent usally in the same room as my vegging plants, kinda a quarentine b4 flowering.. the last pics are 100 whiteberries vegging under mh 1k. they ended up being butcherd into a ton of clones because they outgrew the system. it ended up become a vertical before i flowered. so harvest numbers arent available but a quick calcuation is about 21-25g a plant in those 1 gallons..

hammerhead, good to see your still around bro.. you won the halloween pic contest a couple years back, if i remember right.. with the hard pots pictured yes the plants became rootbound but not horribly.. i switched to 1 gallon grow bags which i find to be alot better, the soil tends to dry and seperate from the hard pots but the bags tend to expand and retact with the soil, so when handwatering its quicker to just dump rather than slowly pour..

i make my own clones in jiffies, i only transplant when there is a ton of roots not just a couple.. into 3 1/2" pots or 4 1/2" pots square. depending the strain, and the day of flowering i trim out the bottoms and transplant into the 1 gallon pots or bags.. which helps with not becoming AS rootbound.. ive recently started growing bigger plants in 2 or 3 gallon gro bags.. soon to be trying 5 gallon bags..

SCROG MCduck; thanks :) my mom wanted me to be an engineer but being from a poor family college was never a possibility for me.. i dropped out at 17 for a decent paying cleaners job.. a couple years later i quit work and finished my high school thanks to growing the herb.. im 27 and i started at 12 im a country boy that had the right neighbors ;) ive always worked but ive always done more weed than work :)
i just have a love for gardening the mj, i like to test things out for myself and change my setups and stlyes alot.. probly more often than i should because its never the first run in a system that youll have the best results... only once dialed in..

as for extraction it depends on alot of things... all i can advise is to by a bigger turbine and can filter than you think youll need.. add a fan controller to reduce the speed and noise involed.. hang the carbon filter from the ceiling or use an inline style filtering to pull the hottest air out.. ill try to find some pics of what i mean..

personally i like using a mixed spectrum but i also find that mh burn hotter than hps.. with 1k hps hortilux bulbs inside a cooltube with a 6 inch turbine per 2 cooltubes inline, about 450 cfm, my plants can touch the cooltubes without damage.. barebulb i try to keep the plants about 18inches away..

the footprint of the stadiums and verts with single or stacked lamps are 5.5'x5.5' outside specs.. about 4.5 foot inside diameter with the plants tied back against the shelves to allow more plants and less crowding..

masterkhufu; thanks, almost all those pics are old memories.. and experience under my belt.. my current grows are under another username because of some reallife haters who knew my online alias.. :( im still around and active but not as CC.. CC only helps and ansewers questions now...

cravenmore; thanks bro.. ironically i am a bastard :) im no heath robinson but one day maybe... i only have 15years of experience.. ;) not much yet...

thanks again everyone,, i didnt mean to steal the show, i just want people to get the point wherever theres light intense or not plants will grow.. if your not worrying about plant numbers, load your rooms till they bust... go hard...

happy harvest everyone..:wave: check out my albums if you want to see more pics and watch the evolution of my old grows..

boodha

thanks for the compliments..

my method:
with a simple single lamp setup to achieve the highest yeild chose a strain like afgani or m39 or whatever 6-7week max strain, a short compact high yeilding indica..

build this

place your new coming in on the top shelves and the "floor" of the area. seeing as how plants focus more on hormones and stretch during the first 2-3 weeks of flowering they can be in the less intensly lit areas, while the plants nearing harvest can be directly around the bulb for maximum light..
for sure your plants will stretch a little but with harvests ever 3-4 weeks, and a more effecient use of your light and space youll end up with more in the long run..

another tip build your coli off the floor so the ceiling can act as a reflector.. hang a small carbon filter vertically from the ceiling with a cooltube attached and then pull the heat down and out for maximum interior area.. cover everything in as much plant as possible..

CC

Hey CC are those shelves built one on top of another? Or is it set up like bleachers?

true grit

Veteran
Dont be scared...cuz its obvious many folks knockin it, havent tried it! Think mine yielded just fine under the buld....

boodha

Dont be scared...cuz its obvious many folks knockin it, havent tried it! Think mine yielded just fine under the buld....

Yea I think I'm giong to have to try it because I got a whole bunch of clones and the flower room doesnt have enough space.
Thanks for the emotional support. :thank you: