What's new

Why doesn't everyone use super cropping?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I use bare bulbs, in a 4x4 grid with kots of overlap and light hits the plants from all sides. I doubt supercropping would make much difference there. I am going to try it again for giggles and will report on it.

Super cropping Crimea Blue hurt yield, it was a mistake to do that...but then again, it was a mistake buying from that company.

EVERYTHING SUCKS FROM B's FARM. I gave them plenty of chances, ran several products... and I think it's bag seed. I got nice variegation on 1 of the Crimea's, under powered average yield, weak sauce. Vanilla Kush is minor league ass. Pineapple Chunk-ass. Red Dragon-Well, Those didn't pop, so mythical just like a Red Dragon...

Back on Subject.....Super Cropping, MNS SSH loves to be Super Cropped, bent and bound or any combination, Super Silver Haze is a perfect example of a SC being beneficial. It increases yield and it makes growing large strains more practical indoors. Better profile, Sativas will gift you with several dominate colas.

However, my belief in LST has lead me to bending and tethering, while working side branches into a helix, it makes beautiful spiral staircases of popcorn and several large colas, plus it has more of a balance, and I hurt when my plants hurt, so if I had a kid, I would break an arm so they could throw better or write prettier. Occasionally when tether it down, I go a little to far and the constant radius gives and it super crops herself. I try to go to the point of tissue collapse with out it happening.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=22736&pictureid=482819

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=22736&pictureid=482820

This is 2 different Kandy Kush, these are Gen 1 clones vegged for 30 days, flower was 70 days from seedling, 60 to 63 days for clones, you can see the stem wrapping around.
More in my album if you want to check them out. Hit Link below.

C

coxswain

I see alot of grows that have the typical marijuana shape, which results in inefficent use of the light (distance=less lumans/par). i just wonder why more people dont use supercropping as a way to get the canopy to be more level (better use of light). a more level canopy results in a higher yeild.

anyone want to enlighten me the reason so few use it(out of the many grows posted)

Not everyone is in for a yield. I LSTed ans supercroped half of my DJ short plants this year just to see the difference. I also like to see them how they grow without any intervention.

has some sins- I totally agree most stuff from B's farm is garbage bagseed. Actually I've grown bagseed that were much better than any seed bought from Barn Farm.