What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why does light deprivation increase bud quality

Maple_Flail

So it's warmer in July despite the Sun being further away than it is in October.

what are you trying to prove? just seems like your nit picking for the sake of it.

July days are longer, by over 30%. entirely differnt seasons.
This does have a net effect on general heat.. ya?

El Timbo

July days are longer, by over 30%. entirely differnt seasons.
This does have a net effect on general heat.. ya?

But not because the distance from the sun to the earth is further in July right?

I'm just wondering why the elliptical orbit was mentioned in the first place when it doesn't affect the seasons.

Maple_Flail

But not because the distance from the sun to the earth is further in July right?

I'm just wondering why the elliptical orbit was mentioned in the first place when it doesn't affect the seasons.

there are a plethora of nuances for the differnces in seasons to the planet ,as for this discussion major one, among many, that CANNABIS plants see. I'll refer back to Tycho's post #18.

about 10-15 minutes google fu'ing would have told you that the more atmospher the suns light has to travel through at the tail end of the season. the more UV and BLUE lights gets defused/scattered back to space, not getting seen by the plant.

more hours of fuller spectrum light will have a higher net μMol/m2/day even μMol/m2/s if you break it down to raw bloom hours.

but as we are talking about light Dep and not why this planet is the way it is, I'm going to leave it there.

my opinion, Light dep, if proper planned and dilligance done, CAN be better then end of season natural harvest. that being said there is a significant physical invest increase. weather that is worth the extra quality(however minimal it may end up being).. thats not a question for me.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it depends where you are situated.. at North, intense summer sun and no cold nights allow the plant perform better and close to full potential.. also helps a lot with longer flowering ones. but dont forget about genetics, I like kush or ghani from outdoor or from hps more than from light dep... now sour diesel loves greenouse light dep.
picture.php

El Timbo

there are a plethora of nuances for the differnces in seasons to the planet ,as for this discussion major one, among many, that CANNABIS plants see. I'll refer back to Tycho's post #18.

about 10-15 minutes google fu'ing would have told you that the more atmospher the suns light has to travel through at the tail end of the season. the more UV and BLUE lights gets defused/scattered back to space, not getting seen by the plant.

more hours of fuller spectrum light will have a higher net μMol/m2/day even μMol/m2/s if you break it down to raw bloom hours.

but as we are talking about light Dep and not why this planet is the way it is, I'm going to leave it there.

my opinion, Light dep, if proper planned and dilligance done, CAN be better then end of season natural harvest. that being said there is a significant physical invest increase. weather that is worth the extra quality(however minimal it may end up being).. thats not a question for me.

I've got no issue with post 18... I stated the same in my earlier post

The July harvest will receive the most hours of direct sunlight per 12 hour "day" and stronger sunlight due to the angle of the Sun, caused by the tilt (despite it being further away than in January).

Obviously we all know that the sun is more intense in July (in the northern hemisphere).

My issue is with your idea that it is related to the elliptical orbit. You state that the sun is further away in July - what does that have to do with this discussion?

Latest posts

Latest posts