What's new

why do some people got the "munchies" when they smoke?

ruthless

I hear its something to do with lowering sugars in the body? Thats why something sweet will always taste better. Dont know how true this is.

Dr.NO

I've heard it lowers blood sugar. That's another reason it's still illegal in the US because they make so much from taxing diabetes meds and supplies when people could just smoke weed to lower their blood sugar.

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
I've heard it lowers blood sugar. That's another reason it's still illegal in the US because they make so much from taxing diabetes meds and supplies when people could just smoke weed to lower their blood sugar.

Cannabis has been proven to lower blood glucose levels (sugars) but the effect is so minimal that is nearly indiscernible. Cinnamon also lowers blood glucose levels but is a much more efficient alternative to cannabis. And it is easier to measure and regulate. If marijuana lowered blood sugars enough to cause the munchies then there would be a lot of potheads passing out from hypoglycemia (low blood sugars <80mg). :faint:

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Well, certain strains give me munchies, as well as certain synthetic cannabinoids. For instance, 018 gives me extreme hunger, where 73 makes me lose my appetite.

I personally don't enjoy them that much, as it can be painful if you don't get something to eat.