What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do people who have never consumed eddibles, insist on eating more than one???

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
.....So, I made a batch of cookies for my friend, telling him, "beware, only eat one, and plan on having nothing to do for the next 6-8 hours."

I catch up with him the next week to find out that he did, infact, enjoy them quite a bit...... His friend, however had to find out the hard way. Apperently it was the same story that alot of us, (myself included) give the first time we eat eddibles. (I know, redundant. Damn cookies)

"I dont think one will be enouph..... Just one of these is going to f**k me up? I smoke DAILY.... blah blah blah"

Waits 15 mins and says... "See, I dont feel s**t. Im gonna need to eat another one... I have a pretty high tolerance..... blah blah blah"

Eats more....

Apperently my friend's friend ate like 6 or 7 cookies. :yoinks: I couldn't believe it when he told me that! I guess the guy went home, ate dinner :biglaugh: and started freaking out.... kicked his girl out.... and was sick all the next day.

Poor guy.... Had to learn the hard way. :noway:

Hahahahahahahaha.

Been there, done that mate!

The only time I have ever been "too high"!

Pretty sure my reasoning was something similarly naive as well. Noobies just can't have only one cookie.

THC123

Veteran
When i was in college this happened to me:D

i ate 2 slices of spacecake from the coffeeshop. I didn't feel shit after 30 minutes so i smoked a joint.

After the joint we was hungry so we went to a snackbar.

All of a sudden just when my order was ready shit started kicking in. I had to pay , dropped all my money on the floor. Everyone was looking , got up and cuz of the down-up movement(and the cake) my eyes got blood red and i had troubles with pronunciation started sweating paid and ran out of there so i could it in peace.

After eating i fell asleep

lsl

THC123, LMFAO!! sucks droppin money when youre all stoned tryin to pay for something ahah

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"I dont think one will be enouph..... Just one of these is going to f**k me up? I smoke DAILY.... blah blah blah":noway:

Thats the part that gets em everytime. You can't tell a 250lb dude a chocolate chip cookie is gonna finish him. They have to learn the hard way.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
When i was in college this happened to me:D

i ate 2 slices of spacecake from the coffeeshop. I didn't feel shit after 30 minutes so i smoked a joint.

After the joint we was hungry so we went to a snackbar.

All of a sudden just when my order was ready shit started kicking in. I had to pay , dropped all my money on the floor. Everyone was looking , got up and cuz of the down-up movement(and the cake) my eyes got blood red and i had troubles with pronunciation started sweating paid and ran out of there so i could it in peace.

After eating i fell asleep

Ahhh haaa haaa! I feel you there man! Funny ass isht!

My first time eating, I made bannana bread. Ate one slice, a friend had warned me, so 15 mins later, I only ate another 1/2. Big mistake!
Then I decide to go to a brewery with some friends. Another big mistake! I got the giggles so bad in there.... they cut me off after 4 small samplers! I had to get the F outta there!

So I'm guilty of this as well but I feel compelled to share the experience a friend of mine had his first time: He and I were at X's house, where him and his ol lady had just cooked an oz of some kind into a batch of muffins.
He offers them around and at first my buddy wont take one, insisting that "Eating weed just does nothing for me man." Well we convince him to have one, and sure enough a few minutes after eating it he demands another, stating it didn't work. He repeats this one more time eating a 3rd muffin. Well a little over an hour after munching the first one he mumble something vague about being late for stuff and heads home.
When I get there later that night (lol much later) he's asleep on the couch with the TV on cartoon network, volume at 100 percent. 2 empty bags of potato chips, pop tarts, and a 2 liter of soda are strewn around him. When woken up he continued to insist that "Those damn things a bunch of bullshit!"

TrueNorthStar

I’ve tried quite a few brownies, cup cakes, cookies and some “medi-strips” that look like those breath strips. I never even got a buzz :( The dispensary that I got the strips at told me that 1 strip would have me really really high…… I ate 2 and didn’t feel a thing. Either it won’t work for me or I have had really really bad luck with getting quality edibles :(

Who knows, I have about 1 pound of dried fans/stems w a few popcorn buds that didnt make my standard that I'm going to make budder with. I hope it works :p

ToughGirl

Everyone thinks they are immune to eating it! We made brownies last week and my gf got so blasted she laid on the floor for hours! When I got her up, she thought she was running!! hahahahahahaha:) She asked me,' was I running?'. Meanwhile I thought she was dead!

antimatter

Veteran
Dosing for edibles takes a bit of experimentation .. half oz to much.. 9 grams to much maybe 5 grams would be better, I would hate to be the one eating hash cookies with the munchies lol.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
Dosing for edibles takes a bit of experimentation .. half oz to much.. 9 grams to much maybe 5 grams would be better, I would hate to be the one eating hash cookies with the munchies lol.

LOL! I've gotten the munchies after having edibles. I just wanted to eat everything! I've learned that when I make a batch of special brownies, for example, I make another batch of regular brownies to munch on after the special one kicks in. Over dosing on edibles isn't something you want to do!

JohnnyATL

Veteran
I ate like 4 or 5 pieces of space cake i made.....

whoa. Got fucked up, passed out on the floor, and woke up the next day and had the worst stomach ache ever

Sundance

My friend at High Times Magazine gave me something to eat - said it was too strong for him

I ate 1/2 ... nothing

I smoke all day .. everyday .. have a pretty high tolerance - blah .. blah ... blah

"I dont think one will be enouph..... Just one of these is going to f**k me up? I smoke DAILY.... blah blah blah"

Waits 15 mins and says... "See, I dont feel s**t. Im gonna need to eat another one... I have a pretty high tolerance..... blah blah blah"

Eats more....

Ate the other 1/2 - NOTHING

But - It was tasty K+

G

guest 77721

I make brownies by grinding up bud in a coffee grinder and then simmering it in the amount of oil needed by the recipe and about twice the water. It takes about 1/2 hr to 45 minutes to boil down then I make the brownies. A couple of batches ago I decided to take a piece of bread and clean the oil residue from the pot. I had already smoked a joint before starting to bake so I didn't really feel the oil kicking in. Of course I had to have a brownie or maybe two. I was still feeling it the next day until lunch.

Then next time I made brownies, I just cleaned the pot and that was almost too much.

budlykush

It takes alot of edibles to get me going. One time I was baking a batch of cookies and I ate some raw dough, thinking "this is about a cookies worth" and I also had some fresh baked cookies. the next morning I was so blazed I had to call in sick.

My wife ate a whole cookie when I just wanted her to taste it. She got so blazed she kept trying to walk it off in the bedroom. She started her will but the only thing she could get out was "it's not his fault" over and over for like 40 mins or so. I tried to calm her down and 10 mins later I heard her snoring. I was relieved. She was shell-shocked for almost 3 weeks, it was a bad trip for her.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
My wife ate a whole cookie when I just wanted her to taste it. She got so blazed she kept trying to walk it off in the bedroom. She started her will but the only thing she could get out was "it's not his fault" over and over for like 40 mins or so. I tried to calm her down and 10 mins later I heard her snoring. I was relieved. She was shell-shocked for almost 3 weeks, it was a bad trip for her.

Awww.... I always feel bad for people who have a bad experience like that. Poor girl. I've always heard that you cant overdose on THC..... Sooooo wrong!