What's new

why do my seeds always rot and fail to germ???help please!

C

cyber echo

Straight into coco (my medium) has always worked with no presoaking or anything.
The only time I lost seeds is when I tried to be fancy tbh.

yerboyblue

Straight into coco (my medium) has always worked with no presoaking or anything.
The only time I lost seeds is when I tried to be fancy tbh.

Usually does. Sometimes seeds suck though and won't even crack. Sometimes some go over night, sometimes they might take a week. It's just nice to see ahead of time if you should be expecting something to pop up or not.

Oh, I also make sure to use a spoon or something that is not my fingers to take them out of the water after they pop.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
true arthritis,ima go your route then,sounds good,also if not the air in my home,the air in the jars with the decomposing banana huh?what happens if i use too much peroxide?
ya the banana added i never heard of doin, but i would just skip that imho. the peroxide can be added up to 1 ml a liter without harming. I usually dip my finger clean in the peroxide an into each shot glass an stir with my finger.

good luck.

N

noyd666

dont know about seeds, but bananas close to tomatoes make em ripen quicker, something to do with gasses.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
yup its ethylene gas i believe but it shouldnt be needed for poppin seeds. The seeds wont grow an mature more once off the plant. Ethylene gas can be used to ripen bud though i think i heard.

yerboyblue

yup its ethylene gas i believe but it shouldnt be needed for poppin seeds. The seeds wont grow an mature more once off the plant. Ethylene gas can be used to ripen bud though i think i heard.

Ya, once you start talking about throwing bananas in to pop seeds, the topic is officially over thought.

Although, when I dumped about 50 hands of bananas in my flower room, my plants ripened 3 weeks sooner. It was kind of hard to distinguish fungus gnats from fruit flies, but was well worth it. I think I will try Hotshot No Pest strips next time.